Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Repped
Old 17-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Frankie Paul was such an originator on the Dance Hall scene...I started with Mento and Ska and the Marley obviously. I loved the connciousness of Culture/ U Roy etc but really loved Dillinger and Dr Alimentado. When the Dance Hall stuff came around.....Frankie was King.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
Frankie Paul died last week...can someone post up Pass the Tu Shung Peng...and Worries in The Dance?
Man, I missed the news that Frankie had passed. Way too many good people falling off the radar

This hear choon reminds me of some dubious reggae clubs in North London to which one might venture (from Croydon), hoping to get a close dance with some fine looking and well shaped gal

This one's for you Crofty

RIP Frankie
Old 17-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Glad....All Over!

Thank you Don.....
Old 17-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Man, I missed the news that Frankie had passed. Way too many good people falling off the radar

This hear choon reminds me of some dubious reggae clubs in North London to which one might venture (from Croydon), hoping to get a close dance with some fine looking and well shaped gal

This one's for you Crofty

RIP Frankie
He died of kidney failure after a long set of complications....his care over the last few years meant that he was pretty skint when he died. Born blind...sweet and soulfull voice RIP Frankie
Old 17-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Glad....All Over!

He was 53....six years younger than me.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
He was 53....six years younger than me.
Don't go there Crofty...there's a few of us on here who are gonna need bubble wrap fairly soon
Old 17-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Pass me the Vongole

One more tribute to the golden tonsilled one, a favourite of mine...
Old 18-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Don't go there Crofty...there's a few of us on here who are gonna need bubble wrap fairly soon
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Pass me the Vongole

A respectful obituary to one of reggae's greats.

Here's a rock steady champion still largin' it at nearly 80 yrs of age

Old 18-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
A respectful obituary to one of reggae's greats.

Here's a rock steady champion still largin' it at nearly 80 yrs of age

I occasionally used to go to a club operated by the Harriott family in Red Hills Road. Still see family members/asociates out and about from time to time

Edit: Kinda mixing up Harriott with Winston Blake and family, who own Turntable Club

Last edited by Timbo; 18-07-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 18-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 19-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caisterman View Post
Two heavyweights
Old 19-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Old 19-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Pass me the Vongole

For the dubwize steppers amongst you...

Old 19-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Old 21-07-2017, 06:06 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Daddy Freddy looking chilled out on Record Breakers. I can actually remember this being aired.