Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
All a counter homophobia chant will do is create division. The best thing to do is not join in with the original one. I would imagine now that it's become an issue with the club itself, a lot of people that would've joined in, just because it was a wind up, won't bother now and with luck will peter out before it gets started because there's a lot less collaborating. It may take time, but I think it'll go the same way (for the most part) as racism within the game has.
As I have said it's not a chant, but just a way to shut it down. People can join in booing and not feel like they have to sit on their hands.

You talk about creating a division, what able the division created by Homophobic chants?
Old 28-07-2017, 01:04 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
You talk about creating a division, what able the division created by Homophobic chants?
Alcohol for starters. People drink before a game and don't like being told to shut up, or being called wankers. There would be trouble imo. There were apparently fights over Alan Pardew ffs. Just don't join in.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Alcohol for starters. People drink before a game and don't like being told to shut up, or being called wankers. There would be trouble imo. There were apparently fights over Alan Pardew ffs. Just don't join in.
Silence is not the answer. Cowards let other people get away with bad acts.

As simple as play ground bullying, all it needs is people to stand up against it, otherwise by looking the other way they are joining in.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Silence is not the answer. Cowards let other people get away with bad acts.
Nice move... only a coward wouldn't agree with you...

Silence is actually the answer in regards to homophobic chants. Your idea is silly, with the best of intentions, but a silly one none the less.

Last edited by Nostrils; 28-07-2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Shameful spelling.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:13 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
If you want a counter-homophobia chant why don't you spend 90 minutes singing 'We don't mind if you are gay?'

That should mean we avoid any publicity.
'Can we join you holding hands?'
Old 28-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Two four six eight
Brighton fans defoliate
Or.....2 4 6 8...let's all interior decorate.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Nice move... only a coward wouldn't agree with you...

Silence is actually the answer in regards to homophobic chants. You're idea is silly, with the best of intentions, but a silly one none the less.
Probably the 'correct solution' is to report the homophobic chant, but I would rather voice my opposition to the chant.

I dont think it's any less silly than grown men singing 'You are queer and you know you are'

How come we are allowed to make noise against an innocent subgroup of people but not a group of people singing bigoted chants?

Silence is not the answer, I couldn't disagree with you any more.

Last edited by MFBias; 28-07-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:19 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Homophobia is a fear and or hatred of homosexuals. Not sure the chants likely to be heard against Brighton suggest either of those.
The media has and will class chants like these as homophobic.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
How about:

We don't care if you're straight
We don't care if you're gay
You ugly wankers
Have no sex either way
Old 28-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Probably the 'correct solution' is to report the homophobic chant, but I would rather voice my opposition to the chant.

I dont think it's any less silly than grown men singing 'You are queer and you know you are'
Fair enough, but as I alluded earlier, now that we've been highlighted as Englands number 1 homophobic club, I think a large amount of people that would've joined in won't now, simply because it's a bad reflection upon the club itself and the media will be watching very closely.

I don't think that we're any more homophobic than any other club (in fact probably less than some others) we just happen to have a bitter rivalry with a club that has the largest gay community in England.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Joking aside - I think drowning out the old 'we scored 5' etc with new words us the way to go. It was effective with England fans in Scotland as a way of putting a stop to the 10 German Bombers song in similar circumstances.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
No
Well you need to get a life then
Old 28-07-2017, 01:31 PM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whenever I see threads like this I think of the fab Lonely Island effort.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I'm not sure anyone, aside of the odd sorts, really care about sexuality anymore. It's a bit childish to try to goad Brighton (in particular), over it, when there are so many football related reasons to laugh at them.

'Premier League Ready'. We will see!
Old 28-07-2017, 01:32 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The media has and will class chants like these as homophobic.
I think it rather ironic that the suggestion is to replace lyrics with no hate in them to ones that do have hate and we class that as progress and it would apparently be acceptable.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"We scored 5/3/2 they scored none/1, Brighton is a beautiful sprawling coastal city with a diverse and accepting population and lots of culture, with a knick knack Patrick* whack give a dog a bone, we accept Brighton and welcome to our home"

*we need to try not to offend the Irish as well.
Hodgson. De Boer. Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
FFS
Old 28-07-2017, 01:45 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
How about:

You ugly wankers
Have no sex either way

Or...?

Brighton wankers
Going down either way
Old 28-07-2017, 01:47 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I think it's disgusting that we are seemingly being singled out as a homophobic club due to some old rugby player that wants to stay in the public eye.

Brighton get homophobic chants across the land but it is our club that seems to be singled out if what I've heard about this Gareth Thomas documentary is true.
Funny that he doesn't highlight the fact that we are all pikey chavs who live in caravans and have burnt down our town.
Brighton fans sing that to us. Difference is, we've got nobody sort of famous to make a documentary about that particular ethnic slur.
I've been going to Selhurst Park as little boy from the late 60's so I've been through the racist years (away games only) through the 70's/80's and I can honestly say that, during that period, I never heard any racist chants from our fans.
I heard terrible, racist stuff from so called Chelsea fans circa 1985 at Selhurst when we played them and they brought on a young debutant called Paul Cannoville who suffered dogs abuse that day. And only from his own fans.

I think there are a few on here too quick to put their own fans down with regards homophobic/racist chanting.

From long time personal experience I've always found us to be piss takers but never nasty.
If Gareth Thomas wants to take any South East London club to task then perhaps he should look about 6 miles up the road from us!
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Or...?

Brighton wankers
Going down either way

That's actually pretty good

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
People really care about what the press think? How comes this is only being spoke about now and not years ago? Because your worried someone thinks you don't like gay people? I haven't got a problem with gay people but suggestions of the pride banner.. Jesus Christ.. I bet you wouldn't go down to Gay Pride though! Really think Palace are gonna be the only team this season to say something about Brighton being the gay capital?

Maybe we should all tickle and rub Brighton fans back's after we've beat them too