Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Murray is injured during the match can we show a bit of class and clap him off rather than goad and cheer like the swine did in the first leg of the play-off semi?
Old 09-04-2018, 04:31 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
If Murray is injured during the match can we show a bit of class and clap him off rather than goad and cheer like the swine did in the first leg of the play-off semi?
Doesn't even need to be questioned.

Two different class in fan base despite them twits having a holier than thou attitude.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:27 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Bournemouth gave us lots of space , cant see Brighton doing that so I think Zaha and Townsend up front would struggle

Hennessey
Ward ( if fit ) or TFM
PVA
Sakho
Tomkins
Townsendj
McArthur
Milivojevic
Cabaye
Zaha
Benteke ( if fit )

AWB has done well , just feel he has struggled a bit last 2 games , time to rest him .
Absolutely spot on, as much as it is so hard to stomach Benteke returning, we are at home and I am not sure the hit them on the break tactic will work with what will be a very deep Brighton defence due to their lack of speed at the back. Ward is Mr consistent and AWB has shown that he is still learning and has a bad mistake or two in him which can be costly as proved Saturday.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:40 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Given Roy’s comments about our performance against Bournemouth being our best going forward for some time I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same again with benteke on the bench.

I think we did well and no doubt we created chances but for large periods of the game we clearly missed a striker, any striker! Think that will be more prevalent in this game too as they will sit back much deeper than Bournemouth.

I hope it’s a reversion to a striker but perhaps given the problems wilf ans Townsend caused maybe a slight tweak in attack. Still the big man/little man combo of benteke and wilf that’s done well but I’d leave wilf in the forward role along side benteke a bit more often rather than him drifting back wide by default.

As Brighton are without Pröpper, Luka and Cabaye should be able to control the midfield and of course Jimmy will be everywhere again I think we can commit 2 players up front as the skill of wilf staying more advanced and central will be hurrendous for Duffy and dunk, especially balls off of benteke into space.

We are defending better, without Pröpper we should dominate midfield and a combo of wilf with benteke should be ideally suited to exploit their limited cbs. On paper, we’re all set as long as we don’t get our weekly injury non surprise. Don’t get me wrong we should have won a lot of games we haven’t and this will be all derby fight but.. the game should play to our strengths and we should definitely be set up for scoring goals.

Worst thing we could do is let them into it. We need to come out of the traps all guns blazing. Their fixtures after us are hurrendous, they’ll know defeat will be a massive blow and be desperate for the points. We need them on the back foot and nervous from the off. No cautious slow start to allow them to settle, its shock and awe for this one.

———————————-Wayne——————————
Ward/AWB——-Tomkins—--—Sakho—————PVA
Townsend———-Luka————-cabaye———Jimmy
———————-benteke———-wilf————————

Subs: cavalieri, ward/AWB, TFM, kelly, RLC, sorloth, ridewald

An improved bench there too as Roy has said he expected sorloth back last week, ward has been in u23s and papers expecting benteke available
Old 10-04-2018, 03:10 AM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Given Roy’s comments about our performance against Bournemouth being our best going forward for some time I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same again with benteke on the bench.

I think we did well and no doubt we created chances but for large periods of the game we clearly missed a striker, any striker! Think that will be more prevalent in this game too as they will sit back much deeper than Bournemouth.

I hope it’s a reversion to a striker but perhaps given the problems wilf ans Townsend caused maybe a slight tweak in attack. Still the big man/little man combo of benteke and wilf that’s done well but I’d leave wilf in the forward role along side benteke a bit more often rather than him drifting back wide by default.

As Brighton are without Pröpper, Luka and Cabaye should be able to control the midfield and of course Jimmy will be everywhere again I think we can commit 2 players up front as the skill of wilf staying more advanced and central will be hurrendous for Duffy and dunk, especially balls off of benteke into space.

We are defending better, without Pröpper we should dominate midfield and a combo of wilf with benteke should be ideally suited to exploit their limited cbs. On paper, we’re all set as long as we don’t get our weekly injury non surprise. Don’t get me wrong we should have won a lot of games we haven’t and this will be all derby fight but.. the game should play to our strengths and we should definitely be set up for scoring goals.

Worst thing we could do is let them into it. We need to come out of the traps all guns blazing. Their fixtures after us are hurrendous, they’ll know defeat will be a massive blow and be desperate for the points. We need them on the back foot and nervous from the off. No cautious slow start to allow them to settle, its shock and awe for this one.

Subs: cavalieri, ward/AWB, TFM, kelly, RLC, sorloth, ridewald

An improved bench there too as Roy has said he expected sorloth back last week, ward has been in u23s and papers expecting benteke available
Reasonable but I think we always look better with 1 up front as we have midfielders with pace to attack and a good defensive midfield to cover (although we have fewer good attacking midfielders).
Old 10-04-2018, 07:42 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Our build up play without benteke was far far better. A targetman is handy when you are under pressure , but we should be the ones applying the pressure on saturday. Brightons away form is poor.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:19 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I can't make up my mind on the Benteke issue. Either way I think we need to play a central striker - whether that's Benteke or Sorloth, with Wilf and Townsend getting up in support. I'd playb Sorloth if he is fit but I doubt he will be so I would probably play Benteke. Not that he deserves it or will necessarily be good but I have a nagging feeling that the same formation we used on Saturday won't be as effective with a solid Brighton team likely to come for a point. Bournemouth played into our hands by being so open - I doubt Brighton will do the same.

Then it's down to McArthur or RLC. I'd be tempted to go for RLC and play an attacking team - i.e. RLC, Wilf and Townsend getting close to Benteke, with Luka and Cabaye holding.

The rest of the team picks itself. That includes retaining Bisakka imo.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AWB or PVA should be able to manage Knockhart.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 AM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I can't make up my mind on the Benteke issue. Either way I think we need to play a central striker - whether that's Benteke or Sorloth, with Wilf and Townsend getting up in support. I'd playb Sorloth if he is fit but I doubt he will be so I would probably play Benteke. Not that he deserves it or will necessarily be good but I have a nagging feeling that the same formation we used on Saturday won't be as effective with a solid Brighton team likely to come for a point. Bournemouth played into our hands by being so open - I doubt Brighton will do the same.

Then it's down to McArthur or RLC. I'd be tempted to go for RLC and play an attacking team - i.e. RLC, Wilf and Townsend getting close to Benteke, with Luka and Cabaye holding.

The rest of the team picks itself. That includes retaining Bisakka imo.

I tend to agree other than I'd go for Jimmy Mac. RLC just doesn't look like someone up for the battle - prefer to have him one the bench for Cabaye in the last 20 if we need to go for it.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Can see no reason to have CB in the starting team no player deserves dropping from yesterdays game.
We are desperate for Benteke to play ( i know it is amazing isn't it?)for the overall balance. Powder puff without the aerial power. We can look as pretty as we like with 2 wingers who don't score much up top but we aren't hurting anybody any time soon. Forget "deserve", this is all about the greater good. Neither YC or JM Last the game really so they can split their role potentially.I worry we start games slowly because our old boys know in their minds they cant keep it going for the full 90.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I would go with this as the starting XI, but maybe as a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1, similar to how we set up at Everton. Put Jimmy in the middle with Luka and Cabaye with the remit to get forward and support Benteke, and have Townsend and Wilf both wide attacking the full backs.

I imagine they will line up a defensive 4-2-3-1, so it will be important to have width and stretch them if we want to break them down, and I don't see playing Jimmy wide as doing that - and at the same time would give them more numbers in the centre, pulling Jimmy inside and then freeing up their wide players a bit more. We have the pieces to put round pegs in round holes (assuming Benteke is fit), and so shouldn't be playing 2 players out of their best positions to accommodate a formation.

We have the better players, man for man, and so matching them tactically gives us the edge IMO.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:21 AM

thomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Milo needs to be dropped. Awful player. Brings nothing to the team.

Also that's a joke before I get ripped. On a serious note I can see benteke coming in. As awful as he is in front of goal, he wins pretty much everything. We need an outlet in front of goal. If we get it right tactically i can see us thumping them
He plays for ivory coast
But he loves palace the most
We've got wilfried zaha
Old 10-04-2018, 09:33 AM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not so sure that the Weeds will sit back for this one even though they are the away team.

They win this one they are on 38 points and pretty much home and dry, they draw and 36 points might be what they end up on, taking into account their remaining fixtures, its hard to seem them picking up anymore points .

For us we must approach it as a must win even though our remaining games on-paper suggest more points, so for me its Benteke on the bench.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:36 AM

dougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd drop cabaye deeper in a sweeper role , bring tekkers back in and move loftus cheek behind . Sakho at right back bombing forward.

Hennessy
Cabaye
Sakho. Tomkins Pva

Luna
Mcarthur. L.cheek
Townsend Zaha
Tekkers
Old 10-04-2018, 09:37 AM

dougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd drop cabaye deeper in a sweeper role , bring tekkers back in and move loftus cheek behind . Sakho at right back bombing forward.

Hennessy
Cabaye
Sakho. Tomkins Pva

Luka
Mcarthur. L.cheek
Townsend Zaha
Tekkers
Old 10-04-2018, 09:46 AM
This or twitter...

M_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post

Hennessy
Cabaye
Sakho. Tomkins Pva

Luka
Mcarthur. L.cheek
Townsend Zaha
Tekkers
Why Sakho there? I literally can’t comprehend this.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
We just need someone, anyone, just one player who doesn't have a sodding brain-freeze in front of goal.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:28 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Think we will probably be facing:
Ryan
Schelotto - Dunk- Duffy - Bong
Stephens - Kayal
Knockaert - Gross - Izquierdo
Murray
Subs: Krul, Bruno, Goldson, March, Locardia, Ulloa, Suttner

From the past few games i would say that (despite late goals costing us) our level of performance at the ned of games remains pretty strong, whereas Brighton tend to drop off in the final 10-20 minutes. Heavily reliant on their defensive strength an early goal and holding that lead to half time will be a real problem for them.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=dougie87;14203182]I'd drop cabaye deeper in a sweeper role , bring tekkers back in and move loftus cheek behind . Sakho at right back bombing forward.

Hennessy

Cabaye

Sakho. Tomkins Pva

Luka

Mcarthur. L.cheek

Townsend Zaha

Tekkers[/]

Now I am convinced you are Buysakho under a new guise and I claim my £5
Old 10-04-2018, 10:34 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Referee - Andre Marriner!