Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-05-2018, 05:06 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Help! Iím totally unqualified to be a dad!! (The next palace fan development)

Ok, so here we are! It’s confirmed, my girlfriend is pregnant and said it’s mine every time I’ve asked

Not the end of the world I suppose, together years, decent job, both mid 30’s and both agreed at our age we’d rather spend the money on house, baby, car, holidays etc rather than blow a life changing amount on a wedding until it’s spare.

Not planned, just we’re mid 30s, utterly assured it will take “at least a year or so” after long term on the pill. 6/7 weeks ago we stopped being careful in preparation for our last year(s) of freedom. Hmmmmmm

So here I am. My girlfriend is my world, that’s ok and she’ll be a great mum. I.... have no ******* idea! An only child, the youngest of my family, sadly a tough few years mean my nearest surviving relative is my cousin and she’s 500 miles away!

I’m inexperienced ans terrified of kids. They seem to like me but that’s either due to being on a par in maturity or smelling my fear. I don’t know what to expect, what to do........ bricking it!

This is the next generation of palace fan so here i am. I’d appreciate anything you’ve got from experiences. Funny stories, advice, stuff that surprised you. Things you really enjoyed that you didn’t see coming... things you really didn’t like... stuff you wish you knew. People always say, regardless of how hard it is, no regrets, best thing ever etc... all I can see now is a non stop job that takes every penny! And nappies
Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Being a dad is life changing but wouldn't swap it for the world. Good luck and congratulations.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:13 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Congratulations! No kids myself (although I suspect they're not far away) so I can't offer any advice. I'm hoping you keep this thread updated so I can learn from your mistakes Good luck!
Old 07-05-2018, 05:14 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
Congratulations! No kids myself (although I suspect they're not far away) so I can't offer any advice. I'm hoping you keep this thread updated so I can learn from your mistakes Good luck!
Feels like that will be a LONG thread! Haha
Old 07-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Congratulations.

What youíre feeling at the moment is entirely natural. If you care this much youíll be a great Dad.

Not sure itís entirely fair to burden your newborn with being a Palace fan although it will certainly imbue the child with a keen sense of humour.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:30 PM

nickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is here
Wing it. Everyone else does.
Good luck, it gets easier by the 3rd one.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:31 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Congratulations!

"Special" people like Worksop and SC seem to have coped OK looking after their wives' children so I'm sure you will do an excellent job with yours.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Congratulations bigend1!

The only advice I can think of is to take every opportunity to have a quick kip in the first couple of years, but give your Mrs the option to first. Also read a story every night, there's something calming about that for both of you (although you will feel like a bit of a pratt trying to do the voices first of all). The rest will come naturally.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Congrats

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
In the pursuit of happyness he says something about the most important thing in his life is that he wants to be a good Dad. I kept that in mind. You wont alway be the perfect parent but if you can at least try to be a good Dad then that's a good start.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You're at a great age to be a parent and sounds like you have a good setup for looking after a small human. Congrats.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just remember they never get easier.... I used to think the baby years were going to be tough but they are a doddle.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:49 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Congratulations and make sure your child supports the Palace.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:50 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Congrats.

Maybe bear in mind that none of us are ‘qualified’ to be parents, we all just make it up as we go along.

And you’re not suddenly going to have to deal with a child, you start with a baby! This is initially terrifying as they seem fragile, but they want food, warmth and love etc. Within a few weeks of steep learning curve, you’ll be a pro. And then you can’t wait for the personality’s to develop and to have more interaction and chat.

Being a parent is easily the best thing I’ve done and when I shuffle off, I won’t be saying I wish I’d spent more time at work etc.....work is ultimately forgotten, but family is forever.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:53 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's amazing, you're never on time for anything again and don't forget the nailbrush for when you're changing nappies
Old 07-05-2018, 05:54 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh, and good shot by the way!! Congratulations!!
Old 07-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
Pick your battles
Old 07-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
I'm 32 with 4 kids, the eldest closing in on 12 years old.

People will often remark to you that you should cherish them while they are young and it is so ******* true.

PS, it's not hard, at all.

Good luck.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Oh, and open a separate bank account while you can. Dad's slush fund is important.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:12 PM

Imajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Enjoy, the first 6 weeks is really tough but after that it is a joy to see them change each day. My kids are 6 and 8 now and love being with them even if my 8 year old boy wonít stop talking!! 😂