Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:19 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
with the HF in the gallery- top idea
Used to have home fans above you in the away end at OT.

Maybe you still do.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConCPFC View Post
Do you think some steward in their ealry 20's getting about 6.70 an hour is really going to deal with some pissed up football fans? It shouldn't be down to them either, there is a limit to the amount of control a steward has over a crowd, especially the away fans. When it gets too much, the SIA guys should be on standby. As you actually have to go through some training to get the SIA badge and you get at least a tenner an hour, they should be able to deal with any problems.

I'm undecided about moving the away fans back to the Holmesdale side of the Arthur. It would benefit the families in the Whitehorse and would probably save stewarding costs with some of the stewards who stand in front of the HF at corners looking after the away end as well. Although I think there would be too much aggro with hardcore away fans being next to the loudest part of the ground. Atmosphere-wise, it would probably improve with an element of one-upmanship taking place, but would also lead to the shit 'banter' songs coming in. Don't see the away fans moving anytime soon though
The yellow vested stewards are all SIA they were at the front and in with the away fans all game
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 11-05-2015, 02:34 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
As you actually have to go through some training to get the SIA badge
Heh.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:39 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm undecided about moving the away fans back to the Holmesdale side of the Arthur. It would benefit the families in the Whitehorse and would probably save stewarding costs with some of the stewards who stand in front of the HF at corners looking after the away end as well. Although I think there would be too much aggro with hardcore away fans being next to the loudest part of the ground. Atmosphere-wise, it would probably improve with an element of one-upmanship taking place, but would also lead to the shit 'banter' songs coming in. Don't see the away fans moving anytime soon though
We had it before with little problem.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:59 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I was pissed off with the away fans moving when they first did. But I honestly think if they were moved back, there would now be crowd trouble at most games, especially with full away allocations. Most of the HF would be banned within a few games.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaby View Post
Heh.
5 days for the door monitor badge now I believe
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 11-05-2015, 05:32 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
I was pissed off with the away fans moving when they first did. But I honestly think if they were moved back, there would now be crowd trouble at most games, especially with full away allocations. Most of the HF would be banned within a few games.
I was talking with the groundsman about this once. He said that statistically there are less incidents in football grounds when the away fans are moved next to family stands.

I told him to feck off and concentrate on the pitch.

I suppose it does make a sort of sense as it removes a lot of the potential for trouble outside after.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:34 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I was talking with the groundsman about this once. He said that statistically there are less incidents in football grounds when the away fans are moved next to family stands.

I suppose it does make a sort of sense as it removes a lot of the potential for trouble outside after.
That's alright then. Don't matter that the kids are being threatened and women are being sexually harassed.
(not aimed at Elgin, more the groundsman)

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:38 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
That's alright then. Don't matter that the kids are being threatened and women are being sexually harassed.
(not aimed at Elgin, more the groundsman)
Thats ok then

I know you hate the idea, but you know where the obvious place for them is.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

But demonstrates little regard for whether this can spoil the experience for the families nearest to them.

Stats don't tell the whole story on this one.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Glad all over

dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Always cracks me up with the away fans offering the family stand out!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Thats ok then

I know you hate the idea, but you know where the obvious place for them is.
It's not the obvious place boxes above them and they two corners to be policed

Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Less blimpy than before

Andycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
It's not the obvious place boxes above them and they two corners to be policed
they have two sides now.
if the whitehorse gets an extra tier, it makes sense.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:11 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Man Utd are well known for causing trouble and generally being wankers, and that's before you consider the history we have with them. Why was netting preventing the invasion of the pitch and a police presence not in place for this game? It's funny because not that long ago in the Championship this sort of thing was standard for any game that was considered higher risk, and we're not just talking Brighton or Millwall, but games like West Ham and Boro where we had police everywhere. The general feeling was at that time that the club was having the piss taken out of it and we were being over policed. Yet now the opposite is true and you've only got a few hapless stewards in there for probably our highest risk game this season.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycol View Post
they have two sides now.
if the whitehorse gets an extra tier, it makes sense.
Seats are easy to segregate and police open corners are harder

Old 12-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyturner View Post
Always cracks me up with the away fans offering the family stand out!
A couple of knob-head Cardiff fans came round to the family stand after the game last season actually looking for the fan they had been offering out.

They obviously couldn't find their target, so walked up to my mate - a guy in his mid-40's with his 7 year old son - as he was walking out the ground and asked him if he was Palace. It threw them slightly when he said, no **** off, I'm Chelsea and pushed past them. TBF, he is actually a Chelsea fan although takes his son to watch Palace!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:24 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
hope this **** was binned by the club last night

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post

Why?

Just doing a job of work. Doesn't have to be a Palace supporter to be a steward. Just makes him another wanker!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:01 AM

CPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Gangster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post

For giving a brief smile? When they aren't hired directly by the club but through a third party agency? Don't think so.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:09 AM

HRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Man U bought down a lot of there own stewards, could be one of them