Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2018, 12:30 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
I still think we have to remember how young Riedewald is. To put it in context he's just over a year younger than Kaikai. If he had come through our academy we would be raving about him. I think he is looking like an excellent signing - albeit in a different position from the one he seems to have been signed for.
For such a young player I thought he looked very good in his last couple of games. Some of his passing and movement was excellent.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:57 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
It is easy to forget how young Reidewald is, he is still inexperienced in the Premier league and occupies a key position in midfield. In the longer term we have a winner on our hands.
Old 14-01-2018, 01:01 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
It was good timing Josh Harris and David Blitzer were at the match yesterday. Must have caught the Palace bug.
Checking in on their investment and talking money and transfers I would hope
Old 15-01-2018, 01:23 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
I'm going to be a bit controversial and say that there is a large part of me that hopes we don't sign anyone this window, which I realise would be a risky strategy. The rationale is that there is no value in the January window, we have several players out of contract in June which gives us a real opportunity to allow Roy to revamp the whole squad and build the team he wants in the summer when we can assess the situation with TFM and RLC to identify whether those positions need filling. We have proved that this squad of players are good enough to pick up enough points and with RLC, Ward, Sakho and Townsend to return, hopefully by the Newcastle game, we should easily have enough to stay up. Spend all the money on quick fixes now and we will suffer in the summer transfer window when there is far more choice available.
I would hope that if a player becomes available at a reasonable price that will improve the squad, then we buy regardless of where we are and what window it is. That would be good club management. Then the pressure to spend in the summer is less.
Old 15-01-2018, 03:50 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Four players. It was always 3, then the Dann injury now it’s four

Cb
Striker
Keeper
Cm

Now if that lad from France can play Cm and cb and is decent at both I’d be comfortable with him covering both, that could be ideal, because I think I facilitates an extra player eg...

Babacar - striker
Guaita - gk
Amadou - Cm and cb
Niasse - striker and cover wing

I think that as an example using the most linked players thus far would represent an excellent transfer window. Different options and cover making our squad much more resilient and adding quality.

I think Niasse could well be a second striker for us after Roy’s comments that wickham might not play this season and an injury to Townsend. Obviously not in zahas league but can do a job on the wing as we are so horribly vulnerable to a wilf injury at the moment
Old 15-01-2018, 05:03 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Four players. It was always 3, then the Dann injury now its four

Cb
Striker
Keeper
Cm

Now if that lad from France can play Cm and cb and is decent at both Id be comfortable with him covering both, that could be ideal, because I think I facilitates an extra player eg...

Babacar - striker
Guaita - gk
Amadou - Cm and cb

I think that as an example using the most linked players thus far would represent an excellent transfer window. Different options and cover making our squad much more resilient and adding quality.

I think Niasse could well be a second striker for us after Roys comments that wickham might not play this season and an injury to Townsend. Obviously not in zahas league but can do a job on the wing as we are so horribly vulnerable to a wilf injury at the moment
Well thought out. As much as we all loved the start from Sako, I Wonder if hes not an even greater force for 30 minutes as a sub. That cannon ball at full throttle will be tough for the opposition And I worry he'll break down with too many starts. Hes carrying tremendous bulk. A specimen. I imagine it's a lot on any frame of that size to pound at length.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:25 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
I think we should delve into the championship for two of those signings. The town keeper if we can’t get the Spanish one and the hugely talented Maddison of Norwich as he would give us another dimension in the midfield . He’s quality imagine how much he’d improve under Roy and the coaches
Old 15-01-2018, 05:41 AM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
For such a young player I thought he looked very good in his last couple of games. Some of his passing and movement was excellent.
Agreed with you and the post you replied to. We thought he was a CB, but that's not the case. So we have a defensive midfielder instead, and that's ok. Football really boils down to the engine room. You've got to have someone who will run the ugly meters that don't get on the highlight videos. Someone has to make those stops nobody remembers for you to win 1-0 instead of settling for a 1-1 draw. Jairo looks to be that kind of player. No position requires more time to develop than defensive mid, and for me, considering Jairo's age, he's ahead of the curve.

Last edited by WashDCEagle; 15-01-2018 at 05:49 AM.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:05 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Four players. It was always 3, then the Dann injury now its four

Cb
Striker
Keeper
Cm

Now if that lad from France can play Cm and cb and is decent at both Id be comfortable with him covering both, that could be ideal, because I think I facilitates an extra player eg...

Babacar - striker
Guaita - gk
Amadou - Cm and cb

I think Niasse could well be a second striker for us after Roys comments that wickham might not play this season and an injury to Townsend. Obviously not in zahas league but can do a job on the wing as we are so horribly vulnerable to a wilf injury at the moment
Other than Niasse , this is about right. With no sale of players, budget probably is 20 million max, which should cover Babacar, Guita and loan fee for Amadou. If Schlupp wasn't injured we could have probably sold PVA which may have released funds in addition for Niasse/Sakho.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:16 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Other than Niasse , this is about right. With no sale of players, budget probably is 20 million max, which should cover Babacar, Guita and loan fee for Amadou. If Schlupp wasn't injured we could have probably sold PVA which may have released funds in addition for Niasse/Sakho.
We were never selling pva
Old 15-01-2018, 09:33 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Babacar - striker
Guaita - gk
Amadou - Cm and cb
My concern would be taking 3 foreign players at the same time. Unless you are lucky the risk is they will need time to adjust to Premier League football.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 15-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
My concern would be taking 3 foreign players at the same time. Unless you are lucky the risk is they will need time to adjust to Premier League football.
and the language etc.? I assume Jules would look after one and the other 2 can speak French and should have it easier?
Old 15-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Ooh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why is this forum called hotline ?

That gives the impression of urgency and things happening.

Can we change it to '.Transfers where piss all ever happens' ?
Old 15-01-2018, 02:56 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
TBF. You get used to it after many years. It is a forum for dipping into rather than following religiously. A quick 10 minute trawl through the threads every day generally tells you that nothing has happened.
Old 15-01-2018, 02:59 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh Betty View Post

Except in some people's knickers.
Old 15-01-2018, 03:02 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh Betty View Post

You're a jolly soul.

I'm a bit of a pessimist myself, but under Roy things are looking so much better. I think I said last week that I'd be worried if we hadn't signed anyone by now - I am not so worried now as our recent results have made a big difference.
That said, I'm certain (as much as someone not "in the know" can be) that we will make signings before the window shuts, but thankfully our recent results have bought us a couple of weeks.
Old 15-01-2018, 03:45 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Agree - January window for us is to get players who can be up and running straight away ( sole aim is to stay up - summer is time for rebuilding ) Trouble is getting any incoming transfers ( UK or foreign ) - we will probably pay over the odds or get players that selling team don't want .
Old 15-01-2018, 03:50 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Anybody else feel that Riedewald starting today was assessing whether hell do as a temporary replacement for Cabaye until the summer?
no
Old 15-01-2018, 03:51 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Agree - January window for us is to get players who can be up and running straight away ( sole aim is to stay up - summer is time for rebuilding ) Trouble is getting any incoming transfers ( UK or foreign ) - we will probably pay over the odds or get players that selling team don't want .
or you get a Luka, who very much hit the ground running. Comes down to scouting not just the quality of the player, but what sort of person he is too
Old 15-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
1/2 way through the transfer window and no signings yet...wonder when the first one will be?
Closed Thread