Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:08 AM
Forza Palace

Palace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Ultra : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I always think: respect what others might think is a pointless thread.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:47 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I'd take a point against everton
Old 07-02-2018, 09:30 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Averaging a point a game from now would be a decent total but we will need to win a couple of games for that next four games respect the point park the bus.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:42 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally I hate the phrase" if I'm honest". Why wouldn't you be?
Used a lot by Warnock.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far East Eagle View Post
Happens in coffee shops, restaurants, everywhere now. Saying 'can I get a..' should lead to their immediate ejection from the establishment
I look at the person and think when did you learn this? I seemed to notice people started saying it en masse around 2007.

I think people think it has more edge to say it than ‘Can I have’. Like people who say ‘rock up’ instead of ‘turn up’.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:59 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I would respect a point against Spurs
Old 07-02-2018, 05:04 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I look at the person and think when did you learn this? I seemed to notice people started saying it en masse around 2007.

I think people think it has more edge to say it than ‘Can I have’. Like people who say ‘rock up’ instead of ‘turn up’.
Just another rude Americanism that has crept into the English language. Also some subs are now brought on to "close the game out." This is football not feckin baseball. Oh and regarding respecting a draw, the Septic's refer to that result as being like 'kissing your goddam sister.'
Old 07-02-2018, 05:11 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Pretty sure this is just a hangover from both our poor home form over the years and Pardew's cavalier attitude which lost us points.
I think you're right, we fought back so many times to get ourselves into a decent position only to keep throwing everything at it and eventually lose. The first time I remember it being used was after losing to Swansea 5-4 after being 4-3 up only 5 minutes before. The phrase 'respect the point' was never intended in that iteration to mean aim for a goalless draw or be happy to draw after dominating a game; its meaning was to stop being so wasteful
Old 08-02-2018, 12:57 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Things in football described as ‘toxic’ has become popular and annoying.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:13 AM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Saying to the barman " can I get a ..." is worse. No you ******* can't,that's why I am here should be the answer.
That doesn't bother me.

"I know, right!" on the other hand is one of the most annoying phrases ever.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:58 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
What's the target to stave off relegation? 38pts normally.
The season goes for 38 games so If my math/maths is correct that's a point a game.
Respect the point.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:03 PM

bolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebolabolabola : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Also when commentators and pundits start talking about footballers "opening their body up" - this never used to be a thing
Old 08-02-2018, 02:07 PM

ChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Worse is when an ex-player or manager is referred to as "Agent ___" when they do something against a rival
Old 08-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
Also when commentators and pundits start talking about footballers "opening their body up" - this never used to be a thing
‘Used to be a thing’ etc I find an irritating new trend, seems again very American but also an unelaborate way of describing an event or a trend.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
NomNom is the most annoying phrase ever.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 08-02-2018, 02:53 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
'enjoys his football'
Old 09-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

'Champions Elect' when talking about the team at top of the league makes me feel sick.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:43 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
Fed up of hearing this phrase to make draws that should have been comfortable wins sound acceptable. Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, BHA, WBA - all dropped points. Hearing bores trot this out on the BBS and Twitter is beginning to annoy me.

Just because Pardew screwed up against Burnley and Swansea last season, and BFS popularised this phrase in an early interview, we seem to think our many draws this season we should have easily won are a good thing.

It’s a vapid cliche. Even the club are getting players to tweet it. It’s meaningless.

We must stop trotting out “respect the point” as though it’s a positive.

Get my point?
There are more annoying ones, usually based around why we lost.