Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yeah Waylon is great - check out Merle Haggard, too.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
This one's about dying, but my wife likes it

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Dixie Chicks, title track from one of their albumsd

Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
PS Great melodies, brilliant musicians. Check out some of their other tracks on youtube too. 'Cowboy Take me Away' for instance
Old 05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Fittingly, given your nick, Hank Williams Jr did a good cover of 'A country boy can survive'

That's a bit modern for me, but I'm pretty sure I've enjoyed some of Jr's stuff.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:32 PM
A rare visitor

...and Ready to Run, a live performance.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
PS Great melodies, brilliant musicians. Check out some of their other tracks on youtube too. 'Cowboy Take me Away' for instance
Stop trolling Al
Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Does To view the link you have to Register or Login count as country?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login is quite a cheesy country-fest with Johnny Cash narrating and a whole host of CMTV stars hamming it up.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
I listen to some country music now and again, as well as the aforementioned, I like a bit of Kris Kristofferson and Loretta Lynn.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 PM

will hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftswill hung is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Re: Country Music

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Having lived in Carolina since May, I've been exposed to this phenomenon known as 'country music'.

It's pretty good really, if you can overcome the sneering, condescending attitude that most people seem to have for it.
....but I love to sneer, its something i do well

- btw for a great pisstake of the medium check out Texas Funerals by Jon Wayne
Old 05-10-2007, 03:43 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Country Music

Quote:
Originally posted by will hung

- btw for a great pisstake of the medium check out Texas Funerals by Jon Wayne [/B]
Also see Otis Lee Crenshaw
Old 05-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I like the old stuff.

Not so keen on the new stuff.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
I like a lot of bands that are country-ish:

Wilco
Cowboy Junkies
Lambchop
Lucinda Williams
Emmylou Harris

I suupose the fact that they have all moved away from being 100% country, suggests that neither they nor I really like the stuff.

The only really yee-hawish stuff I've liked is Alison Krauss and Nanci Griffith.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Cowboy Junkies.
Blue Moon (Revisited) is one of my favourite songs. They are playing "The Trinity Sessions" live in London soon (or may have already done so).
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
The only really yee-hawish stuff I've liked is Alison Krauss and Nanci Griffith.
Gram Parsons is always described as Country-Rock but GP & Return of the Greivous Angel sound pretty damn country to me and are ace.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Oh yeah, good call, I forgot about Gram Parsons. Those albums are indeedfab, and distinctly country. I also like that he died so young and glamorous, and that his mates saw fit to cart his body off into the desert and burn it by the Joshua Tree. So much better than the Pinetrees Memorial Cemetery, or whatever.

Johnny Cash is good too, especially the last 4 albums he did with Rick Rubin.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
George Jones - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
ya i like some country. prefer alt-country stuff from the likes of ryan adams, who is genial.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
There used to be a radio station called London Country which seems to have gone

Quite like a bit of the old twangy guitars myself
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 05-10-2007, 04:34 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by daz_eagle
prefer alt-country
Would I find that on my keyboard?
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg