Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Droy
Would you ever allow country music to be played in your residence?
I may have to kill I'm afraid.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
I may have to kill I'm afraid.
Out of interest, what stuff/artists have you listened to that led you to this?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Out of interest, what stuff/artists have you listened to that led you to this?
As little as possible thankfully.

I just don't get on with it, and I really can get on with some of almost every other sort of music.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Blues Brother

elwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Country Music

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Having lived in Carolina since May, I've been exposed to this phenomenon known as 'country music'.

It's pretty good really, if you can overcome the sneering, condescending attitude that most people seem to have for it. Like most forms of music there's good and bad artists, some cheesy songs but some very good ones.

Does anyone else out there admit to this guilty pleasure and are willing to come out of the closet?
the allman brothers-blue sky, could be my favourite song ever. (and carolina gets a mention too). Dickie Betts guitar solo is awsome.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
As little as possible thankfully.

I just don't get on with it, and I really can get on with some of almost every other sort of music.
Thats a shame.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Blues Brother

elwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What about the byrds, no-one has said they like the byrds! they recorded some cracking country tunes.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally posted by elwood
What about the byrds, no-one has said they like the byrds! they recorded some cracking country tunes.
When Gram Parsons was with them, some members of the band weren't too happy about the direction he was taking them in.

The Eagles did some great Country stuff, "Desperado" being one of the best.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
This is my favourite country track. (The Stones' version is just as good)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-10-2007, 09:15 AM
has jumped ship.

Quote:
Thats a shame.
Yeah, I just don't get on with it
Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis
This is my favourite country track. (The Stones' version is just as good)

Thats fantastic, thanks for posting that up Elwiss.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:24 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's only music! I used to think the same as you when I was younger. Then I went to texas a few years ago and realised my preconceptions, having not really listened properly or been exposed to much country music, were naive and wrong.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Watch the Gram Parsons link Elwiss has just posted up.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:19 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As has been noted by several other posters, Lucinda Williams is well worth checking out, as is quite a lot of latter day Emmylou Harris. And of course, every self respecting record collection should have some Johnny Cash.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
has jumped ship.

Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
It's only music! I used to think the same as you when I was younger. Then I went to texas a few years ago and realised my preconceptions, having not really listened properly or been exposed to much country music, were naive and wrong.
Yes, it's only music, but it's music that I don't get on with.

There are some that don't like Classical, Opera, Blues, Soul, Funk, Rock... I don't like Country.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Yes, it's only music, but it's music that I don't get on with.

There are some that don't like Classical, Opera, Blues, Soul, Funk, Rock... I don't like Country.
Ricky, check out the link and see what you think.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:35 AM
has jumped ship.

Quote:
Watch the Gram Parsons link Elwiss has just posted up.
Yeah, that's alright actually.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Yeah, that's alright actually.
Loads more like that mate, you just have to find it.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:38 AM
has jumped ship.

S'pose so.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Some of what The Band released could be classed as country, as could Levon Helm's solo stuff.

Ricky give this one a go too, if only to see the only man in history who can play complicated drum sections and sing at the same time. Levon Helm is a genius.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
S'pose so.
My work here is done.