Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-03-2018, 01:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Rosacea

Probably something for the older (hopefully) BBS members.

I personally suffer pretty bad with Rosacea, and have done since my early to mid 40's (now 62). I've probably seen 10 dermatologist in that time, and none have done much other than band aid the problem.

It seems drugs work for a while, and then I become immune to them. Tried a lot of soaps and over the counter creams and solutions, but none are particularly helpful.

Been doing a lot of research over the last few days, and it is apparently a mainly female problem, and men are relegated to the fine print of any articles on the subject. The obvious difference being if men want to shave, Rosacea can be a big problem, especially if it comes with pimples as mine does.

Basically asking if there are any fellow sufferers on the BBS, and if so do they have any magic want that helps them?

Would love to hear of any crackpot home remedies or potions people could recommend.

Regards.
Old 19-03-2018, 01:24 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I should add that known causes or triggers are of course everything I enjoy or am subject to - Alcohol, spicy food, stress, sun, blood pressure medication... the usual stuff!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:05 AM
The Spiky One

Bump... apparently it's just me!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:28 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Never even heard of it bob.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:00 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
You young whippersnapper you! You will!

In the scheme of things it is nothing more than a medical annoyance. But frustrating (embarrassing) to say the least.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:04 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I believe it is the problem where the skin turns a reddish colour, often on the face. I stand to be corrected

I have no clue on remedies other than cortisone/histamine type stuff
Old 08-12-2018, 05:05 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I believe it is the problem where the skin turns a reddish colour, often on the face. I stand to be corrected

Pretty much so Timbo.

Lot of very expensive creams/gels... none that appear to work too well.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:20 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
I've never heard of it, but have you tried rubbing on real aloe vera or nappy cream (Sudocream) ? Both seem to heal skin conditions.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:28 AM
The Spiky One

Iíve grown aloe Vera at home and tried it without any luck. Iím going the doctor route (again) as all home remedies have not worked.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:37 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Iíve grown aloe Vera at home and tried it without any luck. Iím going the doctor route (again) as all home remedies have not worked.
Good luck hope you get it sorted mate.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have you tried rose water?
Old 08-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
You young whippersnapper you! You will!

In the scheme of things it is nothing more than a medical annoyance. But frustrating (embarrassing) to say the least.
Well, I looked it up following my post, so now I am aware of it. Seems I was aware of it - I know a sufferer - I just wasnít aware of the medical condition.

Good luck H.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:55 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Seawater might help if you can get to the coast. It has a disinfectant property and will dry out the over productive sebaceous glands. Go snorkeling if you can.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:05 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
I have a tiny bit of "acne rosacea" beside my nose. At Uni people always used to compliment me on my perfect skin

Gone down though, and now I'm trying to work out when it shows. Might be stress, might be alcohol, might have no correlation to anything.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Bath Oliver Crumbsweeper

LumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLumpyBumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Try Fish Oil + Vitamin E supplements (anti-inflammatory and EVit helps skin repair) , and use Lavender oil externally on the skin. Just make sure that you dilute the essential (concentrated) oil with a neutral carrier oil (any health/herbal shop will advise) - Will not cure, but should alleviate the worst of it - has helped my cousin no end.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:12 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post

Ah, I think the modern term is "Gammon"
Old 08-12-2018, 12:19 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
ive got a bit of it on my nose and im 39. Im a bit worried i will eventually get that "strawberry nose" thing that older people get..... some get it seriously and its unsightly. My dad has it a bit. Ive heard only really alcoholics get it, but want that confirmed. I drink 7-12 pints a week on average so not exactly a mega pisshead.

I believe Rosacea is linked to this...i really dont want one of those noses!
Old 08-12-2018, 11:12 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
ive got a bit of it on my nose and im 39. Im a bit worried i will eventually get that "strawberry nose" thing that older people get..... some get it seriously and its unsightly. My dad has it a bit. Ive heard only really alcoholics get it, but want that confirmed. I drink 7-12 pints a week on average so not exactly a mega pisshead.

I only started getting it in my mid to late 30's.

It is not true that only alcoholics get it either, but alcohol is a trigger (especially red wine), as is coffee, spicy food, sun, stress (even exercising) and hot water to name a few... basically all the things that are good!

There is no cure, only treatment of the symptoms, which to me seem a bit hit and miss. Apparently there has been a medical shift away from taking antibiotics to creams and gels. Personally the pills historically helped me, but understand the reluctance of doctors to keep prescribing them.

My doctor was talking about if the creams/gels don't work, he might recommend laser treatment. Seems a bit drastic to me, especially as it is not covered by insurance and is up there with tattoo removal when it comes to sessions and cost.

I've lived with varying degrees of it for 30 years, so probably will just have to accept it and forgo that modeling career I was striving for!
Old 09-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post

7-12 pints A WEEK ...? Youíre not even a light drinker !
Old 09-12-2018, 11:47 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
7-12 pints A WEEK ...? Youíre not even a light drinker !