Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
De Bore was a dog with fleas. An absolute fraud of a manager. Good f**king riddance.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:34 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Or you could look at what he did with Inter!

He succeeded with Ajax with the best youth players and Academy in that country. Couldn't do the same at Inter or at Palace.
We all know most Italian clubs dont show patience, neither did Palace. As for Ajax, it was him who took forward their talented youngsters with a lot of them introduced by him with the support of his brother and his appointed coaches, talent does not just happen without proper guidance.
Crikey if you are expecting a manager to develop any club's Youth system and also change the playing stlye of the First team in the time frame he was given can only be described as ridiculous. And as Steve Parish himself stated he was expecting the new man to take Palace forward in a new direction, so to then sack someone after FOUR games beggars belief surely whatever those true reasons may be which we fans will never know.
My main point is SP was well aware of what to expect with the appointment of FDB and the time and money it would take before he could see any rewards and he was given neither, so SP cant exclude himself of any blame of that forgettable saga. I just hope he gives Roy the finncial backing in January that is needed, as we are now seeing the effect of that lack of financial support.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:39 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
We all know most Italian clubs dont show patience, neither did Palace. As for Ajax, it was him who took forward their talented youngsters with a lot of them introduced by him with the support of his brother and his appointed coaches, talent does not just happen without proper guidance.
Crikey if you are expecting a manager to develop any club's Youth system and also change the playing stlye of the First team in the time frame he was given can only be described as ridiculous. And as Steve Parish himself stated he was expecting the new man to take Palace forward in a new direction, so to then sack someone after FOUR games beggars belief surely whatever those true reasons may be which we fans will never know.
My main point is SP was well aware of what to expect with the appointment of FDB and the time and money it would take before he could see any rewards and he was given neither, so SP cant exclude himself of any blame of that forgettable saga. I just hope he gives Roy the finncial backing in January that is needed, as we are now seeing the effect of that lack of financial support.
Have you heard FDB talk on TV? Makes very little sense. It was a massive mistake by the board to appoint him, At least they got rid before we wasted too many games.

Oh and Ayew looks absolute pony so far.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:48 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
De Bore was a dog with fleas. An absolute fraud of a manager. Good f**king riddance.
Thats very harsh But how could any judgement be made on someone's ability or methods after Four games as i mentioned in my response to "GG" Let me add i have no loyalty to De Bore, just taking a view of fairness.
What happened as a club under FDB got me angry nearly as much as you feel but we should not exclude SP from responsibility either, as without support from the top you will struggle as we now see with Roy Hodgson, with many calling for his head after Eight games sums up some fans premature reactions.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sacked for a very good reason? if it was for any behind the scenes reasons then it would be on hearsay as None of us know the truth of what may have happened, if anything at all. If its for performances on the pitch then can we really judge someone's methods/ability after FOUR games? Also can Steve Parish really say he was unaware of the style/type of football FDB would bring and for it to succeed would need his financial backing for the players that is needed, and most importantly it would take time to implement his methods, and FDB was given NONE of this.
I was not neccessarily a fan of FDB, but in fairness to the guy look what his management did at Ajax and how he brought a great club in the doldrums back to life again, also his superb playing record background gave him the credentials needed. Surely that would have influenced SP to employ him into bringing those style/methods to Palace, but to do so would need time and support and SP is not naive to believe otherwise.
But it is now history as we have all moved on, but we must Not make that mistake with Roy now just when he needs backing of the Board and also in the January window, also the full support of the fans whilst the team struggles currently, stick together and show patience is the only way we come out of our mini crisis we are experiencing.
You're an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about. Take it from me, at both Inter and Palace FdB played formations that didn't fit the players he had, offered very few transfer ideas of his own, and when he did usually they were average Dutch players then moaned when the club's brought players in. Inter signed Gabriel Barbosa who was THE best player in Brazil, scoring for fun and rated as the next big thing, and he basically refused to play him because the club signed him and he wasn't one of his suggestions. You don't do that shit let alone to an Italian club, especially when you have been in charge for about a month.

Spent most of his time at both clubs rubbing up players the wrong way and he fully deserved to be sacked both times. You only have to see how Hodgson got us playing last season with basically the same squad, and Stefano Pioli took Inter who were 15th under him to 3rd in a matter of weeks.

The man is a fraud of a manager and he also comes across as a massive egotistical arsehole.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 09-10-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Posted this when he signed and I've seen nothing to change my mind so far.

Quote:
Not very keen on this to be honest. Scored a cracker against us last season but his overall scoring record throughout his career is abysmal for a forward.

I know he can drift wide but we already have two strikers who can do that in Wickham and Sorloth.

Seems like a bit of a pointless signing to me. I'd rather we used our loans on a CM, a CB or a proper winger as backup for Wilf/Andros.

If we're intent on signing a striker it should be someone more mobile with a better scoring record to play in a fluid front three IMO.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
Have you heard FDB talk on TV? Makes very little sense. It was a massive mistake by the board to appoint him, At least they got rid before we wasted too many games.

Oh and Ayew looks absolute pony so far.
Did you see/hear Steve Mclaren do a "Dutch" impersination some years back
That appointment was clearly never going to work for whatever reasons clash of personalities? i agree at that point it was the only action to take and quickly, but do you not feel there were others who needed to own up to their involvement in that sorry saga that made CPFC a laughing stock.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:00 AM

Sewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Must be the coaching, crossing, corners and free kicks are pretty shite in the team, and have been for too long.
You'd think that players would have basic crossing skills down by the time they play in the Premier League without needing extra coaching. Sadly not ...
Old 09-10-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
You're an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about. Take it from me, at both Inter and Palace FdB played formations that didn't fit the players he had, offered very few transfer ideas of his own, and when he did usually they were average Dutch players then moaned when the club's brought players in. Inter signed Gabriel Barbosa who was THE best player in Brazil, scoring for fun and rated as the next big thing, and he basically refused to play him because the club signed him and he wasn't one of his suggestions. You don't do that shit let alone to an Italian club, especially when you have been in charge for about a month.

Spent most of his time at both clubs rubbing up players the wrong way and he fully deserved to be sacked both times. You only have to see how Hodgson got us playing last season with basically the same squad, and Stefano Pioli took Inter who were 15th under him to 3rd in a matter of weeks.

The man is a fraud of a manager and he also comes across as a massive egotistical arsehole.
If you think making personal insults on the BBS makes you feel important and knowledgeable then you are a very sad person with a problem, this is a forum for discussion of your Own views.
You make statements without knowing any facts or maybe i am mistaken, are you somebody who sits on the Board of both Inter and Palace as you seem to have inside information on how both clubs function, come down to planet earth.
Every manager makes mistakes in their judgement as management do when making an appointment, but managers also need time to assess what they have at their disposal before he feels if there is any changes needed, so how on earth do you judge someone after Four games in charge.
As for your example of Barbosa, just remind me of what has he done since FDB left as a stand out player in Europe based on the player you claim he is? could it be that when players want a manager to be sacked refuse to play to their potential, as we see currently with Pogba. With your footballing expertise i would have thought you would be aware of this, just try to understand this is YOUR personal opinion of someone who you know nothing about or exactly what happened behind the scenes that make you come to your conclusion, by the way for your information i am not a member of the FDB fan club.
Just learn to chill out when discussing on forums.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you think making personal insults on the BBS makes you feel important and knowledgeable then you are a very sad person with a problem, this is a forum for discussion of your Own views.
You make statements without knowing any facts or maybe i am mistaken, are you somebody who sits on the Board of both Inter and Palace as you seem to have inside information on how both clubs function, come down to planet earth.
Every manager makes mistakes in their judgement as management do when making an appointment, but managers also need time to assess what they have at their disposal before he feels if there is any changes needed, so how on earth do you judge someone after Four games in charge.
As for your example of Barbosa, just remind me of what has he done since FDB left as a stand out player in Europe based on the player you claim he is? could it be that when players want a manager to be sacked refuse to play to their potential, as we see currently with Pogba. With your footballing expertise i would have thought you would be aware of this, just try to understand this is YOUR personal opinion of someone who you know nothing about or exactly what happened behind the scenes that make you come to your conclusion, by the way for your information i am not a member of the FDB fan club.
Just learn to chill out when discussing on forums.
Lol. You go on about insults then you go on to try and tell me what to do at the end of your post. Someone has got way above their station me thinks.

I know a lot more about the whole thing than you clearly! But you carry on!
Old 09-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sacked for a very good reason? if it was for any behind the scenes reasons then it would be on hearsay as None of us know the truth of what may have happened, if anything at all. If its for performances on the pitch then can we really judge someone's methods/ability after FOUR games? Also can Steve Parish really say he was unaware of the style/type of football FDB would bring and for it to succeed would need his financial backing for the players that is needed, and most importantly it would take time to implement his methods, and FDB was given NONE of this.
I was not neccessarily a fan of FDB, but in fairness to the guy look what his management did at Ajax and how he brought a great club in the doldrums back to life again, also his superb playing record background gave him the credentials needed. Surely that would have influenced SP to employ him into bringing those style/methods to Palace, but to do so would need time and support and SP is not naive to believe otherwise.
But it is now history as we have all moved on, but we must Not make that mistake with Roy now just when he needs backing of the Board and also in the January window, also the full support of the fans whilst the team struggles currently, stick together and show patience is the only way we come out of our mini crisis we are experiencing.
Mate, the guy said two games ago that he sees Luka as a centre back.

Say no more.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:07 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Ayew showed signs of improvement on Saturday, making some tenacious runs on a couple of occasions, forcing his way to the byline, taking on and beating players from acute angles (much in the style of Wilf). But instead of buying a striker, in Ayew we have bought/loaned another winger.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It took him 4 games to totally lose the dressing room and for the players to be in open revolt against him. Say what you like about the rights and wrongs of that, but if the players took against him so quickly, that tells you something. Bear in mind some of these players had had 5 or 6 Palace managers by then, so it's not like they weren't used to change.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
Ayew showed signs of improvement on Saturday, making some tenacious runs on a couple of occasions, forcing his way to the byline, taking on and beating players from acute angles (much in the style of Wilf). But instead of buying a striker, in Ayew we have bought/loaned another winger.
Which would be fine, IF we'd also bought in a striker.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thats very harsh But how could any judgement be made on someone's ability or methods after Four games as i mentioned in my response to "GG" Let me add i have no loyalty to De Bore, just taking a view of fairness.
What happened as a club under FDB got me angry nearly as much as you feel but we should not exclude SP from responsibility either, as without support from the top you will struggle as we now see with Roy Hodgson, with many calling for his head after Eight games sums up some fans premature reactions.
The four games thing is a myth. He had all of pre-season and he managed to alienate a lot of the players. His tactics and formations were all over the place in pre season too. I'd seen enough by the end of the Swansea game to know we were screwed under De Snore. Parish rectified his mistake early enough for someone else to come in and do a real job.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:58 AM

mylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
Agree with above. Sadly Ayer is getting criticised for his central striking role. When he did go wide he looked more promising.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Mate, the guy said two games ago that he sees Luka as a centre back.

Say no more.
Well, currently I wouldn't call him a midfielder :/
Old 09-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
It took him 4 games to totally lose the dressing room and for the players to be in open revolt against him. Say what you like about the rights and wrongs of that, but if the players took against him so quickly, that tells you something. Bear in mind some of these players had had 5 or 6 Palace managers by then, so it's not like they weren't used to change.
Also knew how to go about getting it
Old 11-10-2018, 10:43 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is how I remember Ayew at Swansea . He picks up the ball deep and is direct . We are playing him as a target man , no wonder he is struggling .

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Simmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
This is how I remember Ayew at Swansea . He picks up the ball deep and is direct . We are playing him as a target man , no wonder he is struggling .

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Good post - cause for optimism