Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-10-2018, 09:31 AM

Smithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
If it was that intimidating we would be winning every home game , can't really think of any grounds now were it's intimidating for away fans and teams , i suppose Newcastle could be if it wasn't for the fact they still dump away fans on the roof .
Old 16-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Caught a bit of Barnsley v Luton at the weekend and both sides' attacking prowess put ours to shame. Fast, direct forward play with any number of players busting a gut to score. Some talented individuals, excellent goals and neat passing too. Really made me realise how dull we've become. If it wasn't for Wilf (when he's on song) many games would be almost unbearable right now. It's only last Spring that we were looking great and showing real style. What on earth has got into this team since May?
Old 16-10-2018, 10:47 AM

Dave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So disappointing. I drive up from Worthing for home games. 2 hours on a good trip. Some weeks I have to force myself to go only to sit there watching poor performances with no hint of a goal.
Old 16-10-2018, 04:08 PM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We are a bottom 6 team with the players we have got. I know a lot of people on here seem to think that we have a great squad but we really donít. We do have an expensive and highly paid squad but loads of teams have better players than us and, the ones that donít, seem to have players with better character. If you look at our players, nearly all of them have previously played for teams in the Premier League who have been relegated or who have struggled to survive. Off the top of my head Hennessey, Ward, Tomkins, Dann (twice!), McArthur, PVA, Townsend and Puncheon have all been relegated from the Premier League with other teams and Benteke struggled at the bottom with Villa before failing at Liverpool. Even Zaha struggled when on loan at Cardiff the year they dropped. Only Sakho and Luka have stellar CVís (and Cabaye and RLC from last season). Thatís not to say the team could not finish mid-table this season but they do need to try and change the mentality throughout the squad. Sadly, the purchases in the last two windows have failed to address this. I canít believe people think its Hodgsonís fault - Pulis, Pardew and Allardyce have all struggled here before him.
Old 16-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Just been topped off with Zaha out for a spell injured

You couldn’t make it up. Actually, you don’t have to. This is Palace
Old 16-10-2018, 05:54 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
That's why when we were 2 up last season to Man Utd you knew that wasn't going to be enough. We are such a soft touch at home.
But last season we had the AMAZING HF...
Old 16-10-2018, 05:55 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Caught a bit of Barnsley v Luton at the weekend and both sides' attacking prowess put ours to shame. Fast, direct forward play with any number of players busting a gut to score. Some talented individuals, excellent goals and neat passing too. Really made me realise how dull we've become. If it wasn't for Wilf (when he's on song) many games would be almost unbearable right now. It's only last Spring that we were looking great and showing real style. What on earth has got into this team since May?
Stephen Reid, Cabaye and Loftus Cheek are missing?
Old 16-10-2018, 06:01 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Yep, I think you're spot on. It's a real shame as we looked primed to build on the good end to last season. We look turgid compared to how we finished last season.

A couple of good signings in January would change that but I'm not sure what we do until then. Probably try to grind out some 1-0s...
We could try wing backs and play to our limited strengths a bit, but i doubt Roy will do it.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 16-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeeooooh2 View Post
Lack of goals
A few small moments that have cost us several points
Terrible home atmosphere

To be fair that sums up a fair few teams in the Premier League.
Old 16-10-2018, 06:31 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
It might be something to do with being able to get away with all out attack if we try that we would be picked off by far superior attacking players.
Old 17-10-2018, 06:02 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
But (1) we played our best football last season with Wilf and Townsend up front and (2) we had a physical forward up top for key games this season like Southampton at home when we were awful.

I think the problem is more fundamentally about a lack of ball carriers in the team and Roy's pedestrian stye. Cabaye and RLC are the biggest factors missing.

Spot on.

We were missing Zaha in Southampton game. And we were able to play with Wilf and Andros up front last season because of the quality of RLC and Cabaye, as you've said. We are 2 short in the first XI and 1 short in the squad if we want to even think about playing that way. That means we should stop this Ayew/Zaha experiment and reinstate Sorloth in the absence of Wickham and Benteke, as the OP said.

But there is no doubt, Roy is inflicting his turgid style of football, as I predicted in the summer. The only solution is ball carriers and pace to complement Wilf, whether that is RLC or someone else. The problem is I don't think Roy likes them, so we have to go all out to get RLC because Ruben is one of the few flair players that Roy trusts.
Old 18-10-2018, 02:45 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
We're over-achieving given our normal state of crapness while the wankers are being wankers.

It's great being us!
Old 18-10-2018, 07:18 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Spot on.

We were missing Zaha in Southampton game. And we were able to play with Wilf and Andros up front last season because of the quality of RLC and Cabaye, as you've said. We are 2 short in the first XI and 1 short in the squad if we want to even think about playing that way. That means we should stop this Ayew/Zaha experiment and reinstate Sorloth in the absence of Wickham and Benteke, as the OP said.

But there is no doubt, Roy is inflicting his turgid style of football, as I predicted in the summer. The only solution is ball carriers and pace to complement Wilf, whether that is RLC or someone else. The problem is I don't think Roy likes them, so we have to go all out to get RLC because Ruben is one of the few flair players that Roy trusts.
I think you're spot on there. It's such a shame as we looked really good at the end of last season. The football was quite decent too but we've regressed this summer/season so far.