Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Now for the table.

Ian Hart aka Mr Picky and Mr Pedantic remains in the lead, but philsick has made a massive jump from 13th to 2nd and is snapping at the heels of Ian Hart who scored no points for this match.
Call me Mr Painintheneck if you must, but I think philsick should not have made quite as massive a jump as you suggest. You appear to have given him 3 points for the closest attendance plus a point for being within 100, but the point for being within 100 is included already within the 3 points awarded - you've given it twice. So I think he should only have got 4 points, not 5.

This will be good news for those you show wrongly to be overtaken by him
Old 08-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Call me Mr Painintheneck if you must, but I think philsick should not have made quite as massive a jump as you suggest. You appear to have given him 3 points for the closest attendance plus a point for being within 100, but the point for being within 100 is included already within the 3 points awarded - you've given it twice. So I think he should only have got 4 points, not 5.

This will be good news for those you show wrongly to be overtaken by him
Mr P, you are absolutely right. Not sure why I made that mistake. I will correct it when I do the Wolves update.
Old 13-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Palace 0-1 Wolves Update

Well, that was a depressing time I have just spent working on the outcome of the predictions for our home defeat by Wolves. Firstly, it was a painful reminder of the defeat and, secondly, it was hard to see the significant number of posts that thought a home defeat was inevitable.

But I've been through the pain barrier and sorted out who gets the points.

Those who predicted that we would lose, but got the score wrong (amazing how many thought we would lose by more than one goal) and therefore score one point are:
bigGcpfc
Bones14
cpfcfan1
CriticalEagle
danpalace07
davech
Eaglejez
Far East Eagle
Flappy Chickeb
Hector
hihi
hilairehair
Latvian
Laurie
Malarkey
Marksf
old geezer
palacemetros
Penstone Eagle
rhiannapaul
Robin
Robson
SJ's Love Monkey
sl6 Eagle
Stellavista
Surrey Eagle
sylvan eagle
Thefunkymonk
trufan
WLYWLYWLY
wrightchipvcfc
cpfc@eastbourne
Favelly Weston
Forever Stripes
AddoWolz
Maidstonecpfc
selhurst_bbsh
Lords Eagle

Now for those who get three points for the correct score, noting that no-one predicted the correct scorer:
Coastal Palace
Gazz
HurstpierPalace
Joe85
palacelad197o
rbarmy
desperado
EddieEdwards
Strictly Palace
Worksop Palace

On to attendance predictions. One point for being within 100 goes to:
charltonhater
PemboExpress
Ruskin Old Boy
AddoWolz
Maidstonecpfc
selhurst_bbsh
wrightchipvcfc
Lords Eagle
EddieEdwards
Strictly Palace
Worksop Palace

Of these, the nearest was Lords Eagle who was only 6 over the official attendance of 25,715. He also got an attendance point for the West Brom game, so on a roll.

As for the attendance bonus point for being between 100 and 200 out, that goes to:
EddieEdwards # #
Strictly Palace
Worksop Palace

Here's hoping that I got that lot correct.

Table to follow.
Old 13-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Nuclear Member

Here is the table.

Ian Hart is still at the top, but the gap below him to those who are snapping at his heels has reduced with upward movements by wrightchipvcfc, Lords Eagle and cpfc@eastbourne.

Further down in the top twenty, upward moves were made by selhurst_bbsh, Worksop Palace and EddieEdwards.

The gap between Ian Hart and hughff in annual UK-Kiwi competition remains unchanged, but I almost gave hughff a bonus point for it being his 30th wedding anniversary on Monday. Congratulations hughff!!!!

I have also made the adjustments for the errors I made on the West Brom update.
Attached Images
File Type: png Wolves Home 18-19.png (561.7 KB, 68 views)
Old 13-10-2018, 09:17 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I put 3 0 to Wolves so should have a point. Thanks
Old 13-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
You should also be deducted a point for such a traitorous prediction
Old 14-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Nuclear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Apologies for failing to transfer that from my written notes to the spreadsheet.
Correcting it will take you from 38th equal to 29th equal, but I won't post a table with that minor correction, but I will amend the table to be used for the next update: hope that is OK.
Old 15-10-2018, 06:56 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Blimey I'm up to 3rd!
Old 15-10-2018, 06:00 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
You should also be deducted a point for such a traitorous prediction
I was erring on the side of caution. As it transpires incorrectly as usual
Old 15-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Apologies for failing to transfer that from my written notes to the spreadsheet.
Correcting it will take you from 38th equal to 29th equal, but I won't post a table with that minor correction, but I will amend the table to be used for the next update: hope that is OK.
That might be a minor correction to you but is a major one for mankind. Absolutely no problem
Old 23-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everton - Palace 2-0
Goal scorers: Calvert-Lewin/Tosun
Att: 38668

Correct score - 3.points

14 people had the 2-0 score-line correct. 5 of those also had Tosun as goalscorer and get's an extra point.

Hector
Flappy Chicken
Switchboard
Palacebear
EastBerksEagle
Smithy52
Latvian
AddoWolz
Direwolf

Favelly Weston + Tosun - 4.points
Selhurst300 +Tosun - 4.points
hilairehair + Tosun - 4.points
desperado + Tosun - 4.points
cpfc@eastbourne + Tosun - 4.points

Correct result - 1.point

38 had the right result:

Marksf
Gazz
Malarkey
rhiannapaul
Laurie
charltonhater
Lords Eagle
Sj'sLoveMonkey
sharkbat1t
trufan
cpfcfan1
sl6 Eagle
Worksop Palace
Bones14
LuieJack
Penstone Eagle
Glazier69
old geezer
PemboExpress
Hedgehog
eaglejez
TWELLSEagle
JJ
Heath eagle
Thefunkymonk
stumpy feelers
EddieEdwards
Ian Hart
danpalace07
philsick
Ant.Palace
CPFC85
hihi
Ruskin Old Boy
wrightchipvcfc
Stellavista
selhurst_bbsh
Dj 784

Attendance

wrightchipvcfc closed With his prediction of 38652..just 16 short of the attendance = 3.points

Attendance within 100 - 1.point:
Ian Hart 30 38698
EddieEdwards -44 38624
EastBerksEagle 82 38750
Eaglefoz 83 38751
RazorsEdge 92 38760

Attendance within 101-200 - 1 bonus point:
hihi 101 38769
rhiannapaul -101 38567
Glaziers56 109 38777
davech -113 38555
Dj 784 124 38792
Selhurst300 129 38797
hilairehair 129 38797
Stigma 133 38801
sl6 eagle 168 38500
29/05/04 Crystal Palace West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace Portsmouth 4-0
Old 23-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Nuclear Member

That was quick. Very impressed.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Table attached..
Ian Hart still leading the way..but wrightchipvcfc closing in..
Attached Images
File Type: png Everton away 1819.png (456.8 KB, 65 views)
28/02/04 Crystal Palace Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace Portsmouth 4-0
Old 24-10-2018, 09:53 AM

That'll teach me to be bloody optimistic. There I was with a 1-0 Palace win and Luka to score......
Old 28-10-2018, 08:40 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
No bonus point for goal scorer unless you get the correct score ?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Arsenal Update

Bit late, soz. Not many predicted a draw, and only one got the correct result. That was Direwolf, who scored 4 for the score and Aubameyang to get one.

The only other player to get more than a point was Lords Eagle, who was closest to the attendance, being just 3 away. Mention to cpfc@eastbourne, who was unlucky not to be closest by guessing just 7 less than the official number.

Full results;

Direwolf 4 score, Aubameyang
Lords Eagle 3 1 25721 (+3) within 10, closest
cpfc@eastbourne Ψ 1 1 25711 (-7) within 10
AddoWolz 1 25748 (+30)
CharlieCPFC 1 result
charltonhater # 1 25778 (+60)
Coastal Palace 1 result
desperado 1 25678 (-40)
Dj 784 # Ψ 1 25629 (-89)
EastBerksEagle 1 25775 (+57)
EddieEdwards # # 1 25739 (+21)
Far East Eagle 1 25805 (+87)
Flappy Chicken # 1 25632 (-86)
Glazier69 1 result
Glaziers56 1 25777 (+59)
hilairehair 1 25762 (+44)
Langers 1 result
Latvian 1 25678 (-40)
Maidstonecpfc 1 25750 (+32)
modernsouler 1 25823 (+105)
PemboExpress 1 25699 (-19)
philsick Ψ 1 25787 (+69)
rbarmy 1 25789 (+71)
Ruskin Old Boy # 1 25765 (+47)
selhurst_bbsh 1 25698 (-20)
Selhurst300 Ψ 1 25752 (+34)
sl6 Eagle 1 25750 (+32)
Stigma 1 25788 (+70)
sydnsteve 1 25631 (-87)
TWELLSEagle 1 25768 (+50)
Windsor_Eagle 1 result
wrightchipvcfc 1 25745 (+27)
Ant.Palace Ψ 1 25545 (-173)
davech 1 25555 (-163)
hihi 1 25564 (-154)
RobertCPFC 1 25563 (-155)

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
155 on the table

wrightchipvcfc takes over the lead by a point from IanHart in second. cpfc@eastbourne and Lords Eagle are behind only on bonus points in 3rd and 4th.

The rest of the top 10 remains the same.

Full table below.
Attached Images
File Type: png Crystal Ball 18-19 - Arsenal Home.png (166.7 KB, 45 views)

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 06-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Nuclear Member

Thanks for the updates
Old 13-11-2018, 03:15 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Middlesborough 1 Palace 0 Caraboa cup

Sorry for the delay in reporting this one - been very busy.

We now have 3 people with just bonus points between them on 20 points.

3 point scorers for correct result of 1-0 to Boro were;

Mark SF
Glaziers 56
Hector
Hi Hi
Hlaire hair
desperado
None predicted the scorer.

3 points for nearest attendance and within 100 of attendance was;
Palacelad1970 (-87)
He was the only person within 200 of attendance.

1 point scorers for predicting Boro would win were;
Lords Eagle
Sir Dougie
Malarkey
Eagles 1977

Table is below, my colleagues will try and get Chels and Spurs game finished before we play Burnley.
Attached Images
File Type: png Middlesborough away caraboa cup.png (212.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 15-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Chelsea - Crystal Palace 3-1
Chelsea: Morata x2/Pedro
Palace: Townsend
Att: 40407

Correct score - 3.points
Bones14
Maidstonecpfc + 1.point - Morata
Cpfc@eastbourne + 1.point - Morata

Correct result - 1.point

48 had the right result:

cpfcfan1
EastBerksEagle
Hector
ForzaPalace
Laurie
Glazier69
Giant Eagle
eaglejez
Thefunkymonk
Worksop Palace
grand aigle
alfiejay
sydnsteve
Favelly Weston
hughff
Jim Cannon
Stigma
stumpy feelers
sl6 Eagle
3 Beers at HT
Glaziers56
PhuketEagle
CriticalEagle
Seanee Pawnee
Flappy Chicken
EddieEdwards
KP'S Nuts
Selhurst300
rhiannapaul
hilairehair
Ruskin Old Boy
SOUTHGATE EAGLE
Ian Hart
Danny_Cheviot
PemboExpress
Lords Eagle
AddoWolz
Stellavista
Robson
selhurst_bbsh
philsick
desperado
Malarkey
wrightchipvcfc
CharlieCPFC
charltonhater
hihi
DJ 784

Attendance: 40407

CPFC85 closest -19 40388 - 3.points (closest and within 100)

Attendance within 100 - 1.point:
IanH -51 40356
charltonhater -75 40332
wrightchipvcfc 75 40482
DJ 784 86 40493
RobertCPFC 96 40503
EastBerksEagle 98 40505

Attendance with 101-200 - 1.bonus point
PemboExpress 146 40553
EddieEdwards 167 40574
davech -185 40222