Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with transfer business ( Just for James)
Yes 434 84.60%
Not Sure 44 8.58%
No 35 6.82%
Voters: 513. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2018, 06:32 PM
not quite so junior

gregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landgregors is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
How would you have spent the £10/£13m available then?
Exactly. Astonishing (to me at least) how much we have improved on that spend. Get thru this season and we will have money to spend on new signings again.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:34 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
How would you have spent the £10/£13m available then?
Just think other clubs have strengthened significantly. 5 years in the premiership and we spent the window looking at free transfers
Old 09-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Yes - happy in a quiet way rather than a bouncing off the walls way.

1. We have kept our most talismanic player
2. We have had our most settled, structured and organised pre season in years
3. The team comes across as playing in a consistent way with players knowing their roles
4. We have shed some excess baggage which helps the finances
5. We have bought 4 solid, seemingly PL quality players in the positions we needed
6. And, bar one, they came in early enough
7. We have the largest number of PL starting quality players (19 maybe 20 with Jairo) than in any prior season
8. We have lived within our means

All in all, I think SPs stated desire last night of staying up with less stress may we’ll be delivered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019

Last edited by Big Blue Eagle; 09-08-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Double

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019

Last edited by Big Blue Eagle; 09-08-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:36 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Google chrome posts don't seem to double post.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:38 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
Just think other clubs have strengthened significantly. 5 years in the premiership and we spent the window looking at free transfers
They have strengthened but how many have strengthened to the extent that they are better than us?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:48 PM

yorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Overall have to be happy, Wilf still here, Andros still here, both the subject of non stop rumours, both huge players for us. Given who we thought we would sign when we saw the accounts (ie no-one) I think its been good. I like the Meyer signing, and am just hoping that the lack of investment in a CB does not leave us short, or having to rely on the third and fourth choice for too long, if injuries hit Sakho or Tomkins
Old 09-08-2018, 06:50 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Yes. Definitely.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:50 PM

yorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkshire-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh and in my opinion, the best day match-day line up including bench i think we've ever had (potentially!!)
Old 09-08-2018, 06:57 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Yes for the squad
No for the first XI that is now weaker
Without seeing either of our new signings playing in the team yet you come to that conclusion.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:59 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
No.

We have spent 9 million. Fulham have spent 100 million.

We can't spend what we don't have but if we cannot compete with clubs who have just been promoted then perhaps it's time to sell to someone who can.

I accept the argument that promoted teams have to spend big but with the money in football these days, if you can't spend big then you are doomed to be relegated. If Zaha leaves this club next season, we are sunk and our transfer policy needs to create a team able to compete without him.

Does anyone honestly think we could stay up without Zaha even with our new signings? If you do then you are putting your head in the sand. What if he gets injured?
This post makes no sense.
Luckily we play Fulham in a few days time and we can see what 100m buys you
Old 09-08-2018, 07:00 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Yes - happy in a quiet way rather than a bouncing off the walls way.

1. We have kept our most talismanic player
2. We have had our most settled, structured and organised pre season in years
3. The team comes across as playing in a consistent way with players knowing their roles
4. We have shed some excess baggage which helps the finances
5. We have bought 4 solid, seemingly PL quality players in the positions we needed
6. And, bar one, they came in early enough
7. We have the largest number of PL starting quality players (19 maybe 20 with Jairo) than in any prior season
8. We have lived within our means

All in all, I think SPs stated desire last night of staying up with less stress may we’ll be delivered.
Agree 100% with all of this.

And with our quality in depth, we can give some of the new players a little time to get up to match fitness and be game ready.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:01 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm happy. We've largely replaced the first team players we lost which is key and added a potential first team keeper which is great.

Even better we've kept Wilf and Roy. We've had a great SETTLED pre-season and we'll start on Saturday with a strong well drilled team. We should come out of the blocks at top speed for change.

I've also been very impressed with how well the team has been playing, second half of last season and through pre-season. We defend well, which we've seen before under Pulis and Sam, but Roy has us attacking more fluidly than I can remember from a Palace team. We have danger men all over the park now and once up to speed I expect Ayew to add to that.

The big question mark is Max. Is he the wonder kid we're all hoping he is and if so how will that effect our play? I'm hoping he's a younger Cabaye with the same defensive bite and a touch more forward passing/movement. I'm also curious where in the midfield he'll play. I'm assuming, when are all are ready, in center with Ayew playing in the RLC position.

Definitely excited about the season. COYP!!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:03 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, given where we were a week or so ago.

I hope the goalie is an improvement on WH, Cabaye is a big loss so it will be interesting to see if Meyer or Kouyaté can fill his shoes.

If we can avoid a horrendous run of injuries, CB can work out where the net is again & Wilf shows everyone how good he is, then hopefully we can have a decent season.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:07 PM

desperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have kept all of our under contract Premier League quality players and I'm happy with that.

We will miss Cabaye and RLC but we have brought in four players that wouldn't worry me if they started in the first eleven so happy with that too

If we can move some players that won't feature in the Premier League match day squad out on loan by the end of the month it should make space for promising youngsters to have opportunities
It is five!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:10 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Come on Mods - do your stuff.
Ok boss

Old 09-08-2018, 07:11 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamiman View Post
Best squad we’ve had in the premier league. Genuinely think the second 11 would have a shot at staying up.
The first 11 will hold their own against most teams outside the top six but our second string is really not that strong in comparison to other premier league sides
Old 09-08-2018, 07:12 PM

GBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGBG_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Considering that we again haven't sold players for significant money, this is a very good transfer window.

We have bought expensive players in previous windows, that are still here, and we haven't reached the peak of this group's ability.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:13 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Benteke had a bad season last year, it was the exception not the norm. Yes we'll struggle without Wilf but we have a great manager and a well drilled team that should be able to grind out results. So lets say we didn't have Wilf, which teams do you think are better than us? There aren't many bottom half teams better than:

Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Townsend Luka Kouyate McArthur
Benteke Meyer

or

Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Kouyate Meyer
Townsend Benteke Ayew

It remains to be seen which lineup would be the best without Wilf. Apart from the top 6, Everton, Leicester and maybe West Ham and Southampton, I can't think of any other team that would finish above that team.
Let’s hope we don’t need to worry about it. I just don’t see many goals or much creativity without Wilf but maybe someone like Ayew will help. Meyer’s stats don’t indicate he is a creative player - though he sounds excellent.

It seems pointless to hypothesise on where we could finish without Wilf. All I know is that we barely got a point without him last season. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen this season.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of the players who have left, only Cabaye & RLC would be starters.

I'm pretty sure all four new players will start a fair few PL games together this year so we have to be stronger with more depth.

If Dann & Wickham are fit and will feature, thats even more depth.

I have no idea how good Meyer is. If he's decent we are well set up, especially if there's an option to make Ayew permanent in Jan, we'd then have 2 Jan loan spots available.

I think we've learned and done OK.