Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 09-08-2022, 01:19 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Donald Trump

People say BoJo is bad but this guy is on another level

Old 09-08-2022, 01:54 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post

Which of them is currently being shit on in Lebedev’s Italian sex dungeon?
Old 09-08-2022, 01:55 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I have nothing good to say about this appalling man, but I would note that Bojo is not another level. Bojo is exactly the same level.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 09-08-2022, 02:00 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Which of them is currently being shit on in Lebedev’s Italian sex dungeon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I have nothing good to say about this appalling man, but I would note that Bojo is not another level. Bojo is exactly the same level.
I doubt BoJo will ever refer to the UK as third world or if his house was raided by Police he'd compare it to Watergate.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:03 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I doubt BoJo will ever refer to the UK as third world or if his house was raided by Police he'd compare it to Watergate.
Who knows what else he says when he’s selling state secrets to the Kremlin.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:39 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Apparently he doesn't know the difference between a shredder and a toilet bowl.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:16 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:

Hey Donald, mate.

You know that Third World country bit....what about the storming of parliament buildings, does that only open in Third World countries;
Old 09-08-2022, 03:27 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress for refusing to appear before Jan 6th Committee
Where is the subpoena for Trump? Why have all the monkeys been called to appear but not the organ grinder?

Why aren't more people asking that question?

A conclusion that could be drawn is that, like Nixon before, someone has to be shown to be punished but they won't go as far to have a Charles I.

Makes it all a show for public consumption. What must annoy the Democrats is that they are fake sabre rattling with all this nonsense and Trump steadfastedly won't get the 'go away' message. They know he won't only be serving time, but will not even be officially asked to explain his role and actions under oath.

What they can do is offer up a few patsies to take the fall, and we can all talk about this in 50 years.

That's how I see it.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:13 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
"They even broke into my safe!" is comedy gold

What were Federal Agents with a warrant to search for classified and top secret documents supposed to do when they saw a safe - think to themselves "oh there won't be anything important in there" and leave it alone?
Old 09-08-2022, 04:41 AM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It seems to have been a very narrow warrant, which leads us to believe that they knew exactly what they were to find and exactly where. So the question I have is, who told them?

I am in the CPFC cult.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:44 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
It seems to have been a very narrow warrant, which leads us to believe that they knew exactly what they were to find and exactly where. So the question I have is, who told them?
Its hard to keep all these people straight but I just read an article where somebody in his staff was about to drop a dime. I just can't remember who.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:46 AM

wavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Where is the subpoena for Trump? Why have all the monkeys been called to appear but not the organ grinder?

A conclusion that could be drawn is that, like Nixon before, someone has to be shown to be punished but they won't go as far to have a Charles I.

Makes it all a show for public consumption. What must annoy the Democrats is that they are fake sabre rattling with all this nonsense and Trump steadfastedly won't get the 'go away' message. They know he won't only be serving time, but will not even be officially asked to explain his role and actions under oath.

What they can do is offer up a few patsies to take the fall, and we can all talk about this in 50 years.

That's how I see it.
Not saying it will necessarily go anywhere, but they are taking the same approach as the authorities do to crack organized crime. Start at the bottom, get what you can, promise the minions favors and get them to flip if possible, use what you've learned to pressure the next up the rung, then repeat the process.

It's also not a singularly process. There's investigations in both the Southern District of NY and Georgia - which are separate to each other. Then there's also the committee.

Trump has certainly committed crimes, getting them to stick is the tricky bit. It's not like a normal justice system when it's this politicized - the bar is higher. There's also the risk of serious civil unrest, or borderline civil war. They're not going to charge him unless they also feel they have a powerful case to sell to the public.

And I doubt Trump will ever testify. He'll refuse. Just being put in that position will make him look guilty, plus when you are actually guilty it's really hard to spin a story. Trump knows that.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:57 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Trump has a whole wealth of legal jeopardy. The long standing finance cases in NYC, the intimidation of officials in Georgia, the fake electors issue, the whole Jan 6th area and the classified records one from yesterday. You have to wonder whether he thinks that simply saying he is running in 2024 will make these stop in their tracks? Unlikely as he would only be a candidate for nomination.

The whole GOP is seriously losing it at the moment - the law and order party calling for the disbanding of the FBI…..

The key for the mid terms is probably how much gets out beforehand. The latest data shows no real changed in affiliation…25-30% to the GOP, same to the Dems, and around 40% independents. And the independents split around 50/50 to the main parties.

Right now, the GOP deserve to be nowhere near the levers of government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 09-08-2022, 11:22 AM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
The far right sh*tting its pants in real time is quite the sight to behold.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:29 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
The dems surely need him to stay out of jail and run. Otherwise they are f ucked. The GOP establishment must want him put away though.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:40 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The dems surely need him to stay out of jail and run. Otherwise they are f ucked. The GOP establishment must want him put away though.
The GOP is facing a total schism....and its interesting that AFAIK Mitch McConnell has said nothing at all. The shrill noises have come from the usual suspects...McCarthy (aptly named really), Taylor-Green, Cruz, Graham etc etc

The GOP has a real problem with the 70% of America that doesn't affiliate to them - Dems, and Independents, where even though the Indies split 50/50 to the two parties, they are far more traditional Republicans. Every time Taylor Green goes on about Christian Nationalism, or Matt Gaetz comes out saying that all the anti abortion women and fat and could get a man to get them pregnant anyway (yes, he really did say that...), or McCarthy warns the FBI and DoJ that "they will be coming for them after November", or a Trump backed election denier wins a primary, or a Jan 6 rioter turns up at a far right rally and is hailed as a champion of freedom and political prisoner, more independents will go away from them.

The US federal system is pretty heavily rigged at a local level for both parties, but the reality is that the mass of the population lives in Democrat areas and in the senate the Dems represent over FORTY million more US citizens than the GOP, in a 50/50 split house.

I really struggle to see a way out of it for the US at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 09-08-2022, 12:54 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
The GOP is facing a total schism....and its interesting that AFAIK Mitch McConnell has said nothing at all. The shrill noises have come from the usual suspects...McCarthy (aptly named really), Taylor-Green, Cruz, Graham etc etc

The GOP has a real problem with the 70% of America that doesn't affiliate to them - Dems, and Independents, where even though the Indies split 50/50 to the two parties, they are far more traditional Republicans. Every time Taylor Green goes on about Christian Nationalism, or Matt Gaetz comes out saying that all the anti abortion women and fat and could get a man to get them pregnant anyway (yes, he really did say that...), or McCarthy warns the FBI and DoJ that "they will be coming for them after November", or a Trump backed election denier wins a primary, or a Jan 6 rioter turns up at a far right rally and is hailed as a champion of freedom and political prisoner, more independents will go away from them.

The US federal system is pretty heavily rigged at a local level for both parties, but the reality is that the mass of the population lives in Democrat areas and in the senate the Dems represent over FORTY million more US citizens than the GOP, in a 50/50 split house.

I really struggle to see a way out of it for the US at the moment.
The system of electing government favours the GOP as rural areas made up of majority white GOP supporters get to elect politicians. States like Wyoming, the Dakota's, Iowa, Alaska, Montana, etc all have smaller populations than NY city combined but get the same number of senators (2 per state) while places like Washington DC doesn't even get 1 Senator, the electoral system also favors the minority states and the last 2 or 3 elections have seen the democrats having a far larger number of votes nationally than is represented by congress.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:40 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

That's how I see it.
Perhaps they are building a case?
Old 09-08-2022, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post

And I doubt Trump will ever testify. He'll refuse. Just being put in that position will make him look guilty, plus when you are actually guilty it's really hard to spin a story. Trump knows that.
I am confused. If his assistant can be jailed for refusing a supoena, why can't Trump?
Old 09-08-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Perhaps they are building a case?
Yep, perhaps.

I think they just want him to go away. Consign it all to the history books. But the bloke is such a narcissist he can't let it lie until he gets a second term.

His continuing 'look at me' campaigning might just give them enough rope to lynch him with. There can't be many on either side of the floor that want him around and available for the next election. Even his previous advocates have Presidential ambitions of their own - and would rather stand under his model than being one of his supporters again.

It's just as I see it. I am not sure what the medium term strategy is here. I wonder whether the Commission has lost its way a bit in this regard as well - but is the end game, what is their ultimate objective?