Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Historian

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ah, prog rock...

My favourite bands being Genesis (eariler stuff), Yes and I'm sure you could call some of Pink Floyd's music prog
Old 19-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking
the reasoning were very good at the marillion convention last month.
Tinyfish are a excellent band as well
Old 19-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Tinyfish are a excellent band as well
id come along and drag hedgie with me, but im a bit far away in polegate mate. great name for a band thou. hedgie got me along to the marillion convention and it was friggin awesome.
Old 19-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
id come along and drag hedgie with me, but im a bit far away in polegate mate. great name for a band thou. hedgie got me along to the marillion convention and it was friggin awesome.
When i first started putting the gigs on there, Tinyfish always supported us in what we were doing, One of the band works full time for Marillion.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
When i first started putting the gigs on there, Tinyfish always supported us in what we were doing, One of the band works full time for Marillion.

worth checking them out then!
Old 20-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
worth checking them out then!

We are lucky to have the Peel, Always a couple of gigs a month for those that like Prog

Old 20-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
do you cater for other genres or mainly rock/prog?
Old 20-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulsdon Eagle
do you cater for other genres or mainly rock/prog?
The Peel does all sorts of gigs, But me and Jon just put on the Prog nights
Old 20-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw Pure Reason Revolution supporting the Bluetones, of all bands, in Brighton in 2005. Thought they were fantastic and got their EP which was released soon after, Cautionary Tales of the Brave. Thought it was good, if a bit more metal-orientated than I usually go for. Haven't kept up with their releases since then. Should I check them out further?
Old 20-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo
I saw Pure Reason Revolution supporting the Bluetones, of all bands, in Brighton in 2005. Thought they were fantastic and got their EP which was released soon after, Cautionary Tales of the Brave. Thought it was good, if a bit more metal-orientated than I usually go for. Haven't kept up with their releases since then. Should I check them out further?

If you like the ep, you will like the two albums they have released since then, Check their website out
Old 21-04-2009, 06:47 AM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had a listen to the Tinyfish album a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed it - had already downloaded it on my Napster account (well worth 9.99 a month to be legal, in my opinion, though others probably think I'm nuts!) but hadn't really listened to it before.

It always interests me as to what bands people feel are Progressive Rock. Some of my favourite bands could be defined as Progressive, but would cause a little or even a lot of debate. Personally I don't really worry about putting a tag on a band and just care if I enjoy the music, but apologies if anyone thinks that the following shouldn't be on this thread!

My current favourite outside of Marillion is Porcupine Tree. Looking forward to the new album later this year and the subsequent tour - managed to get a very good ticket at Hammersmith. Will bring back a lot of memories going there, because I haven't seen a gig there since the early 90's!

Currently have the new Queensryche album on in the car and it's sounding good. Saw them last year doing the full Operation:Mindcrime at the indigO2 and it was an excellent night, but it is also good to hear a new album with a new concept running through it, that is a long way from Mindcrime.
Old 21-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I enjoyed Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet a couple of years ago. As with Pure Reason Revolution, I'm not really into metal, so there are bits which I am not too keen on, but they've got some great tunes.
Old 21-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo
I enjoyed Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet a couple of years ago. As with Pure Reason Revolution, I'm not really into metal, so there are bits which I am not too keen on, but they've got some great tunes.

Would never call PRR a metal band I have seen them four times, if they were really metal i would not like them
Old 23-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Palace/Panionios

PURE REASON REVOLUTION - Amor Vincit Omnia[CD + DVD] - GBP 11.99 / [CD] - GBP 10.99Click here to order: To view the link you have to Register or Login music of Pure Reason Revolution incorporates elements of progressive rock and grunge rock with vocal harmonies. They have been variously described as 'Astral Folk' and 'New Prog'. An exciting band!
Old 30-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Palace/Panionios

This weekend at the PEEL

FRIDAY 1st MAY THE RECORDING STUDIOS/RADIO STATION LAUNCH PARTY!

LIVE TEN MASKED MEN, FASY, THE POCKETS, TWANG FREE ENTRY LATE BAR!! DOORS 7.30pm

SATURDAY 2nd MAY BLIND EGO & TINYFISH 10 ADV DOORS 7.30pm

SUNDAY 3rd MAY PENDRAGON play the PURE album.
10 adv but HURRY over 200 tickets sold!! Doors 7.30pm
Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
There's an Aussie prog band called Closure In Moscow that I like. Got their EP The Penance & The Patience. I listen to it sometimes, it's quite good IMO. Heres their Last.FM page, a few good songs on there To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by danpalace07; 03-05-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Palace/Panionios

Pendragon sold out the Peel on Saturday 300 + It was packed , This Saturday at the Peel it is Threshold.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You are doing a cracking job there. Time for a bigger venue?

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Pendragon sold out the Peel on Saturday 300 + It was packed
Really sorry I missed it. Too many other commitments unfortunately, but glad it went well.
Great band, although I've never been a great fan of Nick Barrett's vocals, but you can't knock the musicianship and the quality of the writing - superb. Love their latest DVD too.

Have you tried getting IQ or Jadis down there?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc
Really sorry I missed it. Too many other commitments unfortunately, but glad it went well.
Great band, although I've never been a great fan of Nick Barrett's vocals, but you can't knock the musicianship and the quality of the writing - superb. Love their latest DVD too.

Have you tried getting IQ or Jadis down there?

We had Jadis there last Xmas Already had Twelfth Night, Pallas in November, Pendragon have always been my number 2 after Fish, So the fact Pendragon are Supporting Fish at his convention is a massive plus, Also the gig on Saturday will pull in a good crowd as Threshold who are Prog/Metal have a big following and Damian Wilson has one of the best voices around.