Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blur thread

Is Blur sufficiently significant to merit its own thread? Maybe.

Anyway, they've just announced the impending release of their first album in 12 years.

New single, Go Out is below. Quite an understated tune, but love the fuzzy guitars!

Old 19-02-2015, 04:33 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They deserve their own thread

Not sure about that single though.

I'm a big fan of these two albums

Last edited by greybot; 19-02-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 20-02-2015, 03:31 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really, Think Tank? Hands down the worst album i ever bought. Infact i think i threw it out the window of my car.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 20-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
Is Blur sufficiently significant to merit its own thread? Maybe.

Anyway, they've just announced the impending release of their first album in 12 years.

New single, Go Out is below. Quite an understated tune, but love the fuzzy guitars!

That's the single? Imagine how unlistenable the album tracks and B-sides must be!
Old 20-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hmm, I like it. It's the way Graham Coxon squeezes an extra ounce of guitar crunch into every available space. And whilst the tune is somewhat lacking, the lyrics hark back to the innocent simplicity of their early stuff.

I also liked Think Tank, but not Damon Albarn's solo album, which I found incredibly bland.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
80 a ticket to see Blur at Barclaycard British Summer Time on 20th June.

Anybody else think that is a joke? Cos I don't find it funny
Old 24-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
80 a ticket to see Blur at Barclaycard British Summer Time on 20th June.

Anybody else think that is a joke? Cos I don't find it funny
Absolutely. I saw them in 2009 in Hyde Park & it was without doubt one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Needless to say, I was bang up for going again.

But at 80, they can poke it. I'm gutted.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Absolutely. I saw them in 2009 in Hyde Park & it was without doubt one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Needless to say, I was bang up for going again.

But at 80, they can poke it. I'm gutted.
I missed 2009 but went in 2012. 2009 definitely looked rowdier!
Old 24-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2009 was better, they turned the sound down in 2012.

I'm going again this year, taking the wife for her birthday treat.

And I'm pleased that you noticed my lovely Blur thread already exists
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I like the new single too.

So all in all, I am pleased
Old 24-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
I missed 2009 but went in 2012. 2009 definitely looked rowdier!
I went into the front few rows at one point expecting a pleasant little boogey.

I came out 10 minutes later missing a shoe & a ripped t-shirt, having spent most of my time picking people up off of the floor around me.

Epic scenes.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Oh - & Damon Albarn is an immense front man. Absolutely nailed it in 2009.
Old 24-02-2015, 02:06 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree with Baloo. Damon's solo album is probably the worst thing he's done.

No way will I be going for 80 sheets.

I did go in 2012 and don't remember anything of it. I had the worst hangover of my life the following day. Also woke up in Redhill and had to get a cab home. I was complaining to someone at work that it was too short and they didnt' play certain songs. Needless to say it was 2 hours long and they played all the hits.
Old 24-02-2015, 02:15 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Really, Think Tank? Hands down the worst album i ever bought. Infact i think i threw it out the window of my car.
It is a masterpiece. Blur's 'Kid A'.
Old 24-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
haven't listened to Think Tank for yonks. Out of Time was good choon though
Old 24-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Resurrection!

13 is Blur's Kid A. Think Tank is more Amnesiac. Both are great, but 13 pushed more boundaries, whereas Think Tank is a more subtle grower, a perfect analogy to Kid A and Amnesiac.
Old 24-02-2015, 03:06 PM

I think that's a fair comparison. Was talking more from a personal point of view I think. Remember the disappointment on first listen of both kid A and Think Tank. I went weeks before giving kid A another listen after it first came out and it's in my top 5 albums of all time. Think tanks probably not better than 13 but for me it was part of my soundtrack of summer '03 where I got to see blur live for the first time.
Old 25-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only just seen this thread. Anyone know who is supporting? It better be good for the price...

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 25-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Re the single ....Wow ! I presume this will be a free download ?

You can't charge people for that !!!
Old 25-02-2015, 11:31 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just picked up think tank on vinyl
A banksy in your home for 13 and a free blur LP inside
Cannae be bad!
Old 26-02-2015, 12:33 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Need to give Think Tank and 13 another listen, it's been years. Thier ST is probably my favourite thing they've done.