Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-02-2016, 09:05 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's difficult because I'm not just judging it on what would happen if I suddenly discovered all 8 albums today for the first time, but more what affect they've had on my life over the whole span of their career. I rarely ever listen to OK Computer now, but at the time and for many years after, I must have almost worn the CD out. I considered it the greatest album ever produced, bar none. And with Hail To The Thief, I picked up a leaked version a few weeks before release and had almost worn out that CD-R before it even came out officially. Maybe that's why I love it.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:01 AM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In Rainbows
Ok Computer
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

HTTT & Amnesiac are interchangeable for me. Both are great albums and are the 2 albums I find myself listening to most recently.

No idea when the new album will be out, I think it may be a month or so before we get anything. Although I did read this today:

The Glasto Thingy ‏@TheGlastoThingy 14h14 hours ago
Jay Z, The Verve, Kings of Leon, Muse, Stevie Wonder and Beyonce were all announced as #Glastonbury headliners on Fridays in February.

So if Radiohead are to play Glastonbury (fingers crossed) and get announced soon the album drop could coincide with the announcement. Just a thought.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:18 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw a tweet from someone saying it was coming 14th Feb. When I asked why he thought that, he just retweeted my question. Probably nothing in it but if it's true, you heard it here first!
Old 06-02-2016, 08:00 AM

Whilst trawling Twitter for clues, came across this that I can't believe I've not seen before.

A full reggae cover of the whole of OK Computer. Awesomeness

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Never get sick of listening to the bends
Old 07-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I listened last night. It's amazing isn't it! I'm not overly keen on We Suck Young Blood and The Gloaming, but most of the rest of it is amazing. If I were to try and list their albums in order of preference, I think it would change almost weekly.

But hell, I'll have a go

OK Computer, The Bends, Hail To The Thief, In Rainbows, Kid A, Amnesiac, KOL, Pablo Honey
Gloaming is great live.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Gloaming is great live.

A lot of their tracks that are not so good on the record are great live. National Anthem is another. As is We Such Young Blood
Old 07-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
A lot of their tracks that are not so good on the record are great live. National Anthem is another. As is We Such Young Blood
I couldn't see how they'd do Kid A live, but wow, it's incredible. EIIRP is amazing.

Really want to get the Later concerts on DVD/bR. Was it Kid A and Amnesiac together or both separately? Terrible memory!

Had it recorded but the vhs chewed it beyond sellotape repair.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen is offline
Jedi's Beard also.....

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Radiohead are awesome
Old 14-03-2016, 03:40 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would have thought the album will be out in the next few weeks, they've announced a world tour this afternoon, including three nights at the Roundhouse in May - I probably won't be anywhere near a computer on Friday when the tickets go on sale, so will probably have to do without and hope some more dates are played in the U.K. before the end of the year.
Old 14-03-2016, 03:52 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Never been there, isn't the roundhouse quite a small venue? Saw them in Victoria Park for In Rainbows, God knows how many were there, but it was packed.
Old 14-03-2016, 03:56 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not exactly tiny but it only holds about 1700 people. Would have thought they'd have played the O2 again.
Old 14-03-2016, 04:06 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it’s closer to 3000, if not more. In fact certain it is.

This will be a bit of a nightmare. Baby Tomo is due 3 weeks before, so negotiating will be hard anyway.
Old 14-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Capacity 3,300 standing. 1,700 seated according to wiki

surprised it's that big for standing, feels smaller
Old 14-03-2016, 04:14 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Have I read that right, that they're doing 1 UK date, and that it's at the roundhouse?
Old 14-03-2016, 04:16 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s a great venue, I really like it.

I would give my left bollock for tickets to any of these gigs. They are going to be rarer than a Jordon Mutch assist.
Old 14-03-2016, 04:17 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Have I read that right, that they're doing 1 UK date, and that it's at the roundhouse?
3 nights all at the Roundhouse.
Old 14-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Historian

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
Capacity 3,300 standing. 1,700 seated according to wiki

surprised it's that big for standing, feels smaller
The entire venue is 1700.

These tickets will be gold dust.
Old 14-03-2016, 04:39 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
It'll be amazing for anyone there but it'd be nice if they played a few more dates across the country!

Presumably they'll be at a few festivals as well which are yet TBA
Old 14-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
The entire venue is 1700.

These tickets will be gold dust.
It's definitely not. It's over 3,000.