Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-01-2018, 10:09 PM

HeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bizarre lack of communication at LB. Nearly missed the 9.04 to Uckfield because the sign said Expt 9.08. So I went to M&S to get a beer. As I walk to the front 4 at 9.03, they are frantically blowing whistles and telling people to run. I said to the bloke it's leaving at 9.08 and he yelled back at me "it's the 9.04". Before I could suggest he was a silly fool, I just avoided getting caught in the closing doors. I bet at someone had to wait another hour to get the other side of Hurst Green. With all the problems, surely this is something relatively easy to sort out.

Last edited by HeathfieldEagle; 10-01-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:12 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
do you think the the Train operating company should be allowed to not have enough trained drivers?
No
Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 PM

weltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
No
Thanks at least thats cleared up then.

SaulAlinsky
Old 10-01-2018, 10:22 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Thanks at least thats cleared up then.
I didn't mean to upset anyone!, more drivers are needed. I just posted an observation that in my experience the service has improved since the strike/ot ban days. Obviously not a shared opinion. I'll go back under my rock

(On recenttraintimes.com it's hitting 95% for 10 week period. I guess I've just been lucky)
Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
I didn't mean to upset anyone!, more drivers are needed. I just posted an observation that in my experience the service has improved since the strike/ot ban days. Obviously not a shared opinion. I'll go back under my rock

(On recenttraintimes.com it's hitting 95% for 10 week period. I guess I've just been lucky)

95% holy shheeeeet.

Lucky so n so
Old 10-01-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
95% holy shheeeeet.

Lucky so n so
07:16 - East Grinstead to London Bridge 95% for 12 week period.
Mind you the 08:17 is 45%
Old 11-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Apparently no LOROL today as they have pulled their 378s in due to a fault yesterday.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Nope, train made extra stops due to this. Can't see London Overground returning the favour

On a positive note, on-board communications seem to have vastly improved in the last 6-9 months. Keep it up drivers
Old 11-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Really hating the new station announcements at Victoria though.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From ABC:

"The full story of what happened behind the scenes after our court case can be found in yesterday's NAO report, pages 37-38. The DfT's decision on force majeure was not 'imminent' as they claimed in court. In fact, the deal was pulled together hastily and mostly **verbally** (no supporting docs as evidence). It involved GTR BUYING OUT their liability for performance for TWO YEARS *****il Sep 2018).

This means they not only have no revenue risk - they don't even have any performance obligations they have to keep to."

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 11-01-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:51 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Really hating the new station announcements at Victoria though.
yep. everything newer seems to be shitter than before!
Old 12-01-2018, 07:17 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What's up with them? Are they voiced by a Geordie, or something?

I'm sure I heard high level and low level announcements being played simultaneously at LBG the other day.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:30 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
From ABC:

"The full story of what happened behind the scenes after our court case can be found in yesterday's NAO report, pages 37-38. The DfT's decision on force majeure was not 'imminent' as they claimed in court. In fact, the deal was pulled together hastily and mostly **verbally** (no supporting docs as evidence). It involved GTR BUYING OUT their liability for performance for TWO YEARS *****il Sep 2018).

This means they not only have no revenue risk - they don't even have any performance obligations they have to keep to."

DfT have been enabling Southern to break unions. They’ve taken away all risk so they can go to war with their staff.

ABC do a fantastic job... I threw a few £ their way to cover legal costs.
Old 16-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Respected by no one

Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Oikboy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Is it just a coincidence that the 7.43 from Upper Warlingham to LBG has been 9 coaches rather than 12 for the last three mornings or is this going to become the new normal?
Old 16-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Werkself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oikboy View Post
Is it just a coincidence that the 7.43 from Upper Warlingham to LBG has been 9 coaches rather than 12 for the last three mornings or is this going to become the new normal?
To be fair the 3 car 377s are absolutely appaĺing.
Old 16-01-2018, 10:40 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
To be fair the 3 car 377s are absolutely appaĺing.
Nice seating though
Old 17-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Imagine my shock

To view the link you have to Register or Login

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end