Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Asbo

Pubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
I wanna try one so any recommendations?

I was thinking the American variety initially for some ribs, pulled pork and burnt ends action, BBQ sauce, slaw & fries...

A quick Google suggests Bodeans. Anyone been?
Cannot beat a bit of Bodeans, i frequently attend their establishment over by Tower Hill. Getting hungry just thinking about it!
Old 13-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Asbo

Pubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle
Red Dog, Shoreditch.

Get the "devastator" burger, its very "man vs Food".
Also, the hot wings challenge. Be very very carful, they are coated in Nagor Viper chillis. Until last year the hottest chilli in existence. Ranked one notch down from Pepper Spray on the Scoville ratings.

I had one. It was bad on the way in, agony on the way out. I thought I was going to die.
We were talking about his place in the office the other day, we have all decided that the "Devastor" Burger is our challenge of choice. Hoping to go there in a few weeks!
Old 13-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
It isn't what I had in mind (for this thread) but it does look great and I kept meaning to post it myself on the recent kebab thread to see if anyone had been and what they thought.
If you haven't been, go. You'll love it.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubface
We were talking about his place in the office the other day, we have all decided that the "Devastor" Burger is our challenge of choice. Hoping to go there in a few weeks!
This is a cowardly choice.

It is also the one I would make.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Been there, done it.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:16 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubface
It would need to be bloody excellent for me to go to shoreditch..
Old 13-09-2012, 04:17 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is pretty special by all accounts. I believe the challenge is the burger, fries and shake within 30 minutes (it may be 15 minutes). A colleague managed the burger but the rest was a thankless task.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
15 minutes, and you need to eat a serving of pulled pork as well.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:21 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA
It is pretty special by all accounts. I believe the challenge is the burger, fries and shake within 30 minutes (it may be 15 minutes). A colleague managed the burger but the rest was a thankless task.
I did read a couple of poor reviews of the place. So that and the fact its in shoreditch put me off.
Old 13-09-2012, 07:53 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bodeans in Putney is probably the best I've been to.
Old 16-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Just back from Sunday lunch at bodeans in soho. The boss hog platter really is great value. Way Way too much for 2 adults. 4 adults 2 kids two rounds of soft drinks, food and service all for £80 (platter, wings, extra burnt ends and extra couple of portions of chips and coleslaw + kids ribs and chips).

It is what it is. It's not refined dining by any stretch of the imagination but it's a good old pig out. Burnt ends and ribs are great. The pulled pork for me is too dry.
Old 16-09-2012, 03:54 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
Not sure if its quite what the OP is after, but this place is fantastic ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Meze Mangal over in Ladywell. They cook it all live in front of you, and Turkish food is amazing anyway, but this is well cooked stuff, the freshest of salads and very friendly service. Meal for two plus my 2 year old cost us about £90 all in. Rated in the top 10 restaurants in London on Trip Advisor too.
It's not in Ladywell, it's opposite Lewisham College in Brockley. But yep, you are right, the food is great there.
Old 16-09-2012, 04:12 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
Not sure if its quite what the OP is after, but this place is fantastic ...

Meze Mangal over in Ladywell. They cook it all live in front of you, and Turkish food is amazing anyway, but this is well cooked stuff, the freshest of salads and very friendly service. Meal for two plus my 2 year old cost us about £90 all in. Rated in the top 10 restaurants in London on Trip Advisor too.
Love this place, getting very popular though now since all the publicity its been getting as one of the highest rated restaurants on trip advisor..

Old 16-09-2012, 05:08 PM

colin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Bodeans has gradually got worse and worse. I went the other week for the first time in a year and was disappointed by the food, the pork was poor and the burnt ends were dry.

One place I'm desperate to try is Pitt Cue Co in Soho, I've read loads of good reviews but I've never found the time to go there. I'll report back once I do visit there the first time.
Old 16-09-2012, 06:46 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Haché is decent only if you order with the brioche bun. I'm trying to go through this list for best burgers in London at the mo.

Cheers I'm goin meat market and Pitt cue ASAP!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bodeans is a meat feast! Very nice in a man vs food sort of way
Just went to meat market Covent gdn nice but expensive burgers
But Brixton market today had a honest burger- delish!