Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:15 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He's got huge potential - really hope he can finally get fit and stay fit and go on a decent run in the team.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:17 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I like him. Works hard, bit of pace, hits the ball cleanly, strong... just needs a bit of direction.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:21 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have not rated him in years. Rarely has the strikers position, dangerous movement/runs to score regular goals, is slow and turns like a ship...

Had a few very small spells only. I hope I am proven wrong though

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 09-03-2018, 11:30 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
I have not rated him in years. Rarely has the strikers position, dangerous movement/runs to score regular goals, is slow and turns like a ship...

Slow??? Did you watch cup final?
He attacks the ball very well (semi final v Watford). Just needs a strong manager.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
The goals he has scored with both head and feet have been total class. He may be the one to get the goals we need. Pardew being the dick he was played him on the wing.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post

That really is critical thinking.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:51 AM

Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
If he can just make some cameo appearances as sub and scores 3-4 late goals which gains us points (especially if it difference between 1 point or 3 points) ...that would be a massive bonus. I remember him saving Sunderland in 2013-2014 season with some important goals.

If we manage to survive this year, his real value can only become apparent next season. If we do go down, he would be useful in the championship ...if he manages to stay fit.

He is only 24 but as he started playing early he had a lot of miles on the clock before he got injured in Nov 2016. As we all know he has been very injury prone but hope that after this long spell out, we see less injury prone,more robust and more consistent player. He has pace, strength and good finishing skills with feet and head.

Last edited by Sureagle; 09-03-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:04 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
If he can just make some cameo appearances as sub and scores 3-4 late goals which gains us points (especially if it difference between 1 point or 3 points) ...that would be a massive bonus. I remember him saving Sunderland in 2013-2014 season with some important goals.

If we manage to survive this year, his real value can only become apparent next season. If we do go down, he would be useful in the championship ...if he manages to stay fit.

He is only 24 but as he started playing early he had a lot of miles on the clock before he got injured in Nov 2016. As we all know he has been very injury prone but hope that after this long spell out, we see less injury prone,more robust and more consistent player. He has pace, strength and good finishing skills with feet and head.
They changed from playing him on the wing to CF and he single handindly kept them up. Not rocket science to know where we should play him
Old 09-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Part Time Football Agent

Silks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
The goals he has scored with both head and feet have been total class. He may be the one to get the goals we need. Pardew being the dick he was played him on the wing.
Just like our current manager is playing a player of similar build and skills on the wing in Sorloth...
Old 09-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Wickham, Sorloth and Benteke as a front 3 could be interesting, just 3 absolute battering rams
Old 09-03-2018, 04:17 PM

Gregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for youGregz41 is just too good for you
Wickham has never played on the wing for us. I want to see him back though.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:24 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Wickham, Sorloth and Benteke as a front 3 could be interesting, just 3 absolute battering rams
Indeed. Not sure too often but against some sides or chasing a game.

No lack of pace among them for big lads
Old 09-03-2018, 04:25 PM

Palace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silks&Tekkers View Post
Just like our current manager is playing a player of similar build and skills on the wing in Sorloth...

Not sure we have had many other options at left wing I n those games to be fair.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:25 PM

mylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silks&Tekkers View Post
Did he play on the wing against Chelsea?
Old 09-03-2018, 04:32 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He's got huge potential - really hope he can finally get fit and stay fit and go on a decent run in the team.
He turns 25 in a few weeks. How much potential does he really have to get better? Especially since these injuries in the past few years must have had at least a bit of an impact.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:43 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On his day if his up for it his usefull but there are not enough days like that for a club the size of palace and how we structure our squad his to hit and miss and injury prone for us. Say he was at burnley and they had woods barnes vokes and wickham he would probaly be ok they could manage him rest him ect
Old 09-03-2018, 05:05 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
He turns 25 in a few weeks. How much potential does he really have to get better? Especially since these injuries in the past few years must have had at least a bit of an impact.
If he stays fit for 2 or 3 seasons for Palace he would score 30-40 goals for palace in that time. Double that if we are in the championship for those seasons
Old 09-03-2018, 05:42 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
If he stays fit for 2 or 3 seasons for Palace he would score 30-40 goals for palace in that time.
I hope so!
Old 09-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The biggest thing that holds a lot of players back isn't that they lack ability its that they don't know how to harness what they can do and not do what they can't. If Wickham can learn that kind of instinctiveness Phillips had or the guile Murray has in drawing fouls then any loss of pace can be made up for.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:57 PM

Hes a good finisher, I just don't think he works himself into positions where he can score goals enough