Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-03-2018, 08:26 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I remember before he came to us he had a long term injury at Sunderland and came back at the end of the season to score in every game and save them from relegation. Something like that.

The stage is set.

At least he can hold the ball up a bit something our current centre forwards seem incapable of doing.
Did he have a long term injury? Thought they just recalled him from a loan in the championship.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 15-03-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 15-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Skin the Tagain

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Did he have a long term injury? Thought they just recalled him from a loan in the championship.
Dunno can't remember the detail of why he wasn't playing can't be bothered to google. It was more that fact that he saved them that was important.
Old 15-03-2018, 08:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Dunno can't remember the detail of why he wasn't playing can't be bothered to google. It was more that fact that he saved them that was important.
But it is slightly different coming back from a loan at Leeds in the Championship (back when short term loans were allowed) although he hadn't scored in his 5 games he had 7 in 17 for Wednesday earlier that season, compared to coming back from a 16 month injury layoff.

IF he can get back onto the 1st team bench then yes he has the ability to come on for 15-20 minutes and he has the ability to score but we really should not be expecting much in terms of playing time or end product this season.
Old 15-03-2018, 07:33 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Slow??? Did you watch cup final?
He attacks the ball very well (semi final v Watford). Just needs a strong manager.
Yes, his pace was lightning in the cup semi

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 15-03-2018, 07:43 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Yes, his pace was lightning in the cup semi

He took yards off Smalling. CW is not slow
Old 15-03-2018, 09:04 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Can see him and Sørloth getting 15+ goals each in the Champ next year. Would like to see him doing it in the PL though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 15-03-2018, 09:11 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Can see him and Sørloth getting 15+ goals each in the Champ next year. Would like to see him doing it in the PL though.
It will be in the Premier League.
WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN.
Old 15-03-2018, 10:44 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN.
Keep it up Rambo, well said.
Old 16-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN.
If you say it often enough it will come true.

Old 16-03-2018, 11:03 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
I also don't think we are going down, but happy to reserve judgment until after the Huddersfield game!
Old 16-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcstreatham View Post
wickham = awful
cpfcstreatham =- awful
Old 16-03-2018, 02:30 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for youeagle69 is just too good for you
Quote:
WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN.
Go on Rambo , Fighting Talk , COYP
Old 16-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I also don't think we are going down, but happy to reserve judgment until after the Huddersfield game!
I too am reserving judgement until after Huddersfield.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-03-2018, 03:13 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
But it is slightly different coming back from a loan at Leeds in the Championship (back when short term loans were allowed) although he hadn't scored in his 5 games he had 7 in 17 for Wednesday earlier that season, compared to coming back from a 16 month injury layoff.

IF he can get back onto the 1st team bench then yes he has the ability to come on for 15-20 minutes and he has the ability to score but we really should not be expecting much in terms of playing time or end product this season.
Almost exactly what I've been saying but even making the bench would be doubtful IMO
Old 16-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
Almost exactly what I've been saying but even making the bench would be doubtful IMO
Why? He has recovered enough from the injury to now be playing in full contact matches, therefore the risk of a recurrence of the injury must be as low as it is going to get - otherwise he wouldn't be playing. Therefore, the only thing keeping him out of the match day squad would be fitness, which will take a while to build up for a full 90 minute appearance, but for 10 minutes at the end of a match, he is probably not far off. Match sharpness is a completely different prospect, but I would rather have an unsharp Wickham coming off the bench for 10 minutes at the end than, for example, Lee, even taking into account the fitness difference etc.

At the end of the day, if he is sufficiently recovered to play a part for the U23s, then IMO it is only fitness / sharpness preventing him being in the first team squad, and I would expect him back sooner rather than later.

I still reckon he'll be on the bench tomorrow, but then I still thought there was hope for Jordon Mutch
Old 16-03-2018, 03:27 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Why? He has recovered enough from the injury to now be playing in full contact matches, therefore the risk of a recurrence of the injury must be as low as it is going to get - otherwise he wouldn't be playing. Therefore, the only thing keeping him out of the match day squad would be fitness, which will take a while to build up for a full 90 minute appearance, but for 10 minutes at the end of a match, he is probably not far off. Match sharpness is a completely different prospect, but I would rather have an unsharp Wickham coming off the bench for 10 minutes at the end than, for example, Lee, even taking into account the fitness difference etc.

At the end of the day, if he is sufficiently recovered to play a part for the U23s, then IMO it is only fitness / sharpness preventing him being in the first team squad, and I would expect him back sooner rather than later.

I still reckon he'll be on the bench tomorrow, but then I still thought there was hope for Jordon Mutch
Lee is the kind of player you bring on where you're 2-0 up, but have 2-3 on your accumulator.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not in today's u23 squad.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Ron Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Jeremy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Injured again ?
Old 23-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Nor is Rakip or Jac.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 24-03-2018, 06:54 AM

CoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Nor is Rakip or Jac.
Are they both not away with the U23s for their countries ?