Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Well taking yesterday for example I wanted someone to ask if we were looking at bringing in someone out of contract, or if there is any news on RLC? The manager can refuse to answer but I just don't understand why the journalists don't ask?
Maybe because the journalists weren't that interested in the issue and wanted to go home/pub.

They're not exactly contentious questions.

Its a bit like getting in a lather about why some bored journalists didnt ask Roy what his favourite colour is.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for that. I've been supporting Palace for decades, have a season ticket, seen Palace at well over 100 different away teams and still have been to away games this season, including a long drive to Merseyside tomorrow. You learn something everyday.
Ooh the "I'm a better fan than you" post....you could've been an ever present for the last 100 years, your reasoning is still bat shit crazy.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 09-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I just lolled a picture of a mass suicide. Does this make me evil?
No, it's all the other things you do that makes you that.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:37 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I just lolled a picture of a mass suicide. Does this make me evil?
I'd say just using the word 'lol' is enough to make you evil
Old 09-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes I do actually. Considering the club is run by a marketing communications expert it would be nice to for someone to ask questions on our behalf. There seems to be precious little communication between the club and fans anymore apart from emails telling us something has been uplifted onto the website. Everything is so stage managed these days.
Do you want Parish to give you a bell when Huddersfield tickets go to phase 3?
Old 09-02-2018, 02:31 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
Do you want Parish to give you a bell when Huddersfield tickets go to phase 3?
No need. He can get big Phil to do that. I will be able to get one anyway as I have a lot of points.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Ooh the "I'm a better fan than you" post....you could've been an ever present for the last 100 years, your reasoning is still bat shit crazy.
It helps to have been a regular away traveller in the third division as we went to lots of different grounds in those days.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
It helps to have been a regular away traveller in the third division as we went to lots of different grounds in those days.
Yes, we did. But what has that got to do with anything?

Last edited by Maidstoned Eagle; 09-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Yes, we did. But what has that got to do with anything?
Just replying to your "better fan than you" post that is all. Anyway I won't continue with my mild comments around liking more information at press conferences as even temperate criticism of the club on a fans forum seems to upset people.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:17 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just replying to your "better fan than you" post that is all. Anyway I won't continue with my mild comments around liking more information at press conferences as even temperate criticism of the club on a fans forum seems to upset people.
Nobody's upset; people are just pointing out that what you've said is unwarranted and unfounded.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:26 PM

adrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well taking yesterday for example I wanted someone to ask if we were looking at bringing in someone out of contract, or if there is any news on RLC? The manager can refuse to answer but I just don't understand why the journalists don't ask?
You are a diehard Palace fan looking for detailed and specific news. However Sky and the nationals have a 'national' agenda, and 'national' narratives.

The only Palace player who attracts national interest is Zaha, so there will be a question on him but apart from that questions are designed to seek answers not for die hard palace fans but for national stories.

If the story of the day a world record transfer fee, then every prem manager will be asked about it. That way Sky can do a 'national' story on the world record transfer fee, cut to a quote from Hodgson, then Moyes, then Klopp and then go to Mourinho who answered in a different way...

It is how the national media works. You would however expect the local media or Palace specific media (5 year plan for example, holmesdale radio) to ask questions specific to the team, however I am not sure they are at the table. Don't forget this press conferences are edited up for global consumption.

Hope this helps by way of explanantion, sorry if the situation doesn't end your frustration
Old 09-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Thanks AJ.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
It was more your loony opinion that SP vets the questions before they are asked to be honest.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:46 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
You are a diehard Palace fan looking for detailed and specific news. However Sky and the nationals have a 'national' agenda, and 'national' narratives.

The only Palace player who attracts national interest is Zaha, so there will be a question on him but apart from that questions are designed to seek answers not for die hard palace fans but for national stories.

If the story of the day a world record transfer fee, then every prem manager will be asked about it. That way Sky can do a 'national' story on the world record transfer fee, cut to a quote from Hodgson, then Moyes, then Klopp and then go to Mourinho who answered in a different way...

It is how the national media works. You would however expect the local media or Palace specific media (5 year plan for example, holmesdale radio) to ask questions specific to the team, however I am not sure they are at the table. Don't forget this press conferences are edited up for global consumption.

Hope this helps by way of explanantion, sorry if the situation doesn't end your frustration
Good response to NKE..nice to have reasoned response without aggressive, sarcastic overtones.

Just to to be picky..press conference ; edited ?
Aren't they live ?..or are you meaning "edited" as in the journo's questions are subject to scrutiny prior to the conference..which I cant quite see.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Not buying into a conspiracy thing at all, but of course the club exert some control over the topics. I'm sure all clubs do it to an extent. Why do you think there's a PR there? It will be generally known which questions will not be met with a response.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 09-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
However, as others have said, the broadcast media are only likely to ask questions which have a wider interest.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain