Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Liverpool supporting colleague said that he always has one mistake in him each match, which will result in a good chance for the opposition. Sometimes he bails himself out, other times others are well enough placed, but it also can end in a goal. So far, I don’t think we’ve seen the latter too often (if at all) but he does seem to make the mistakes in the wrong positions.
Old 16-04-2018, 07:09 AM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Coming back from injury. That does effect players in any position. I think that's a part of what we're seeing.
Old 16-04-2018, 07:38 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
He’s not fully fit, that’s pretty clear.

If he can stay in some sort of shape during the close season and then hit the ground running in Aug I’d like to think we’d see a much better version of him
Old 16-04-2018, 07:38 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
Excellent block from Murray
That was superb.
Old 16-04-2018, 08:08 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
He moved awkwardly when clearing the ball just before and I said to Mrs H that he won't play in the next game now. He seems to have this odd habit of moving the wrong leg (can't describe this well but) it's as if he shifts the weight to the wrong side and then has to stretch awkwardly and with all of the weight pulling against him? Its in part how he got injured that first season and looks 'weird' to say the least.

He certainly doesn’t play with the look of a naturally balanced athlete!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s missing for the next game.
Old 16-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
His defending for the Murray chance in the last minute was inexplicably bad - I can't think of a worse piece of defending. It was pretty much wrong on every level and shows how prone he is to awful lapses. But at other times he is absolutely fantastic. He was playing at a higher level at the end of last season without a doubt though.
I think the back-heel in the last minute against Chelsea up home on our goal line that led to the ball flashing across our goal, it definitely up there!

He does things that would get Delaney crucified, and given the money we paid for him and the wages he is on, he certainly should do better. Very Jekyl and Hyde, he doesn't seem to be a very good jumper, and he runs and turns in a way that seems to guarantee and injury at any time. I can see why Klopp was looking for a replacement (but how much did that cost!).

His game seems to be passed on, a) last minute blocks and b) a decent level of passing out
Old 16-04-2018, 08:37 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
He is brilliant at last gasp tackles but seems prone to unforced errors and complacency . Noticed recently he seems to lose out on a lot of heading duels and can be out muscled . I would prefer a Mawson ( Swansea ) or Dawson ( WBA) type defender ) but not sure we would get our money back on Sakho even if RH wanted to sell .
Much as we all seem to hate Dawson (presumably because of the robust challenge on Speroni a few seasons back) he does strike me as a very decent player. If WBA go down and we stay up, he should be on our list (along with Rondon). A good replacement for Delaney/Kelly and Dann IMO
Old 16-04-2018, 10:01 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have to say when we first got Sakho on loan i was surprised we were willing to take the risk, knowing how unpredictable he could be as we constantly saw at Liverpool.
But surprisingly he had an outstanding loan spell with Palace which obviously influenced Steve Parish into buying him, but he Is and always Will be liable to lapses in concentration and open to silly errors, that is why i have always had my doubts and at the 27m fee was a heck of a gamble to take.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
I love him. Yes he looks a bit unorthodox/nervy on the ball but he's actually very composed. His passing is superb and is a breath of fresh air after years of Delaney's diagonals.

He makes so many last ditch blocks as well.

I can't imagine many strikers wanting to come up against him. Best CB I've seen in a Palace shirt and he'll only get better with games.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Pretty clear why Liverpool got rid, we got mugged off with the transfer fee.
Not like you to be negative any something Palace related...
Old 16-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Bubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The way he left Dunk for their first goal im convinced he must have backed Dunk to score anytime. He looked at Dunk twice, then did some sort of sideways leap as Dunk more or less had a free header. He is making a lot of mistakes of late and must be unfit as he is not the player he was last season.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:19 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Much as we all seem to hate Dawson (presumably because of the robust challenge on Speroni a few seasons back) he does strike me as a very decent player. If WBA go down and we stay up, he should be on our list (along with Rondon). A good replacement for Delaney/Kelly and Dann IMO
Pleased to see you echo what i have been saying for sometime, getting Rondon and Dawson should we stay up would be terrific business for next season.
There are some on here who doubt Dawson, but he is just the hard working uncompromising type defender that would suit CPFC. As for Rondon he is just the style of striker we need, quick with good movement, holds up the ball and lays it off well, good and powerful in the air, and can score goals as i am sure if we restructure our midfield to be more creative he is then more than capable of getting 12-15 goals a season.
And as Roy who favours playing Two upfront can add another striker like say Andre Gray who i am sure once away from his Watford nightmare will return to goalscoring form again, and they could form an excellent partnership.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I love him. Yes he looks a bit unorthodox/nervy on the ball but he's actually very composed. His passing is superb and is a breath of fresh air after years of Delaney's diagonals.

I can't imagine many strikers wanting to come up against him. Best CB I've seen in a Palace shirt and he'll only get better with games.
Top players put the ball at risk and sometimes it doesn't work out but when it's good it's very good. We have to try and appreciate that.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:28 AM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Looks tired and not fully fit. Not the man he was.... atm.

Mods having a childish moment. But which one ?
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 16-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
The way he left Dunk for their first goal im convinced he must have backed Dunk to score anytime. He looked at Dunk twice, then did some sort of sideways leap as Dunk more or less had a free header. He is making a lot of mistakes of late and must be unfit as he is not the player he was last season.
Dunk bullied him out of the way. Sakho didn't let that happen again. I don't think Sakho made any glaring mistakes this week, but his style scares the shit of me, but if you watch carefully he is always trying to pass the ball to one of our players instead of a hoof, which instantly loses possession. Most times he succeeds. His block on Murray after PVA tried to lose us the game was surpurb as Sakho was 3 yards behind him and managed to get in front of Murrays shot and stop a likely goal.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:34 AM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Sums up my view of the man perfectly. Love to watch him play.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:35 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't get some of our fans.

He wants to play out from the back with short passes. These come with a risk.

Or shall we go back to Delaney and the long 70 yard diagonal?

Sakho might have the odd mistake in him, but I feel so much better seeing him out there. He is a TOP class defender.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
Dunk shoved him.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:42 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Pretty clear why Liverpool got rid, we got mugged off with the transfer fee.
Imagine the bleating you could have come out with if Parish had tried, and failed, to get him for less.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:43 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
Don't get some of our fans.

He wants to play out from the back with short passes. These come with a risk.

Or shall we go back to Delaney and the long 70 yard diagonal?

Sakho might have the odd mistake in him, but I feel so much better seeing him out there. He is a TOP class defender.
Why does it have to be a Sakho v Delaney choice?

Surely a top notch defender passes out when possible but will also make the decision that occasionally a hoof into row Z or upfield towards Benteke is the right choice?

If there isn’t a safe pass available, then that’s not necessarily the defender’s fault, but it is his role to then do something that is reasonably effective with the ball.

Faffing about and losing possession (which Sakho and PVA both do occasionally) shouldn’t be their Plan B.