Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2018, 10:43 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Dunk shoved him.
This.

Sakho could have been stronger but Dunk clearly pushed off him to create the separation.

If it had been the other way round, it could have been a penalty.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:49 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
This.

Sakho could have been stronger but Dunk clearly pushed off him to create the separation.

If it had been the other way round, it could have been a penalty.
Yep it was a clear shove. 9 times out of 10 I think Sakho holds his ground so can only assume he wasnít set when the shove came in as he needed to step back to steady himself. Unfortunately heís steeping back at the exact moment he needs to be jumping for the ball and dunk has the free header.

Of his mistakes this was the most understandable but looked perhaps the worst
Old 16-04-2018, 10:53 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dunk shoved him.
I thought that when looking at MOTD and the Palace TV coverage. I guess itís swings and roundabouts with defenders jostling at corners (remember the nonsense with Deeney in previous matches?) - depending on the officials, you can get a penalty against you, a free-kick in our favour, or no action, all for exactly the same amount of contact!

Itís obvious that Sakho can be impetuos at times, he looked way out of kilter at Bournemouth (I think Hennesey he had the shot covered that ge cleared for that last minute corner) - but I would much rather have him for his other strengths.

Tomkins is probably my POTY, but he has made a few ricketts over the season too, Bournemouth included, together I feel Sakho and Tomkins are very strong partnership and probably better on the ball than many other comparable CBs at most other clubs of our status.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Dunk shoved him.
He did. Didn't see it at the time but watching it on MOTD you could argue the case for a free kick. Yes, Sakho was grappling with Dunk and Dunk then pushed him with both hands which is why Dunk had the free header, it wasn't down to a lack of concentration.
Old 16-04-2018, 11:05 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Get rid of him and Benteke for 20 mill each and rebuild.
And what, pray tell, do you expect us to buy with $40m?

Getting rid of players with no replacement has worked out so well for us thus far, hasn't it?
Old 16-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Get rid of him and Benteke for 20 mill each and rebuild.
Probably the correct answer..
Old 16-04-2018, 11:13 AM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
We wonít get any better. The reason he is with us is due to his moments of madness. 90% of the time heís class.. 10% a complete liaibitly.. Iíll take that. Him and Tomkins are an excellent partnership
Pretty much this. Sahko is probably the best defender Palace have had in decades, and on a good day, his ability is world class but he has bad days and errors (slightly more than a player of 'his calibre' should). Which is why he plays at Palace rather than a top 4-5 team.

We're lucky to have him, thanks largely to his issues with Liverpool. There are a raft of clubs in this league that would be happy to have him on board.
Old 16-04-2018, 11:30 AM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Probably the correct answer..
Hahahaha
Old 16-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When he's good, he is very very good.

When he is bad, it usually ends up with the ball in the back of our net.

If he can start delivering more of the former and less of the latter, I"ll start to feel a little less nervy every time I see the ball going his way!
Old 16-04-2018, 11:31 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's like an old engine starting on a cold morning. Early against Bournemouth and now Brighton he's looked seriously dodgy, then improves.

I had a chuckle when someone said it was the Marco Reich syndrome of playing well for a contract
Old 16-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
My favourite Sakho moments are his tackle and barnstorming (only defenders can barnstorm btw) run against Chelsea to set up Wilf. And his calm backheeling of the ball to Fabregas 2 yards out to win us a goal kick when Cesc pulled it wide.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I watched the game originally and thought, apart from the last minute mistake he was very good. After reading this thread I thought I'd better watch it again.

Here are some stats that I took
23 passes to a Palace player
2 Damien Delaneys straight to Brighton
1 poor attempted clearance that pretty much went straight up in the air
1 clearance after the final minute mistake
7 headers where we retained possession
3 headers that went back to Brighton
1 poor header that pretty much went straight up in the air
5 interceptions/tackles one

The bad
Played Murray onside for his lunge attempt on goal
Attacking ball and leaving Murray alone in the last minute

The outstanding
Putting his head where Dunk's boot was to win a free kick
The goal saving block from Murray

If that was a bad game, then I'd love to see a good one.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row View Post
I watched the game originally and thought, apart from the last minute mistake he was very good. After reading this thread I thought I'd better watch it again.

Here are some stats that I took
23 passes to a Palace player
2 Damien Delaneys straight to Brighton
1 poor attempted clearance that pretty much went straight up in the air
1 clearance after the final minute mistake
7 headers where we retained possession
3 headers that went back to Brighton
1 poor header that pretty much went straight up in the air
5 interceptions/tackles one

The bad
Played Murray onside for his lunge attempt on goal
Attacking ball and leaving Murray alone in the last minute

The outstanding
Putting his head where Dunk's boot was to win a free kick
The goal saving block from Murray

If that was a bad game, then I'd love to see a good one.
You've missed being muscled (fouled?) out of the way by Dunk, to leave Dunk with a free header for their first goal.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-04-2018, 12:17 PM

spotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm not sure he is fit either.

If we stay up, he stays and then gets a full pre season without any knocks then the manager (Roy?) can motivate him we could have the 8 game beast back. Quite a few 'ifs' there however.

Personally I enjoy his style and passion and every team needs a maverick. He is a microcosm of our season to date.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When he's good, you can see why we paid £25m for him. When he's not so good, you wonder why we paid £25m for him.

Echoing what a number of people have said on here - I do like him a lot and for the majority of the time, he shows what an excellent defender he is. He does tend to have either a lapse in concentration (e.g. passing the ball straight to a Huddersfield player the other week when under no pressure) or else tries a trick and gets it wrong (how he injured himself earlier this season if I remember correctly) but overall he is for sure stronger than Kelly/Dann/Damo/TFM et al, so should be starting.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
You've missed being muscled (fouled?) out of the way by Dunk, to leave Dunk with a free header for their first goal.
I didn't miss it, he was illegally pushed and should have been awarded a free kick. You could be the fattest **** on the planet, if you aren't expecting to be shoved in the chest then of course you are going to lose your balance.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:54 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought Sakho recovered admirably after losing Dunk at the corner and was touch tight the rest of the game. All players make mistakes and as a centre half these are more likely to be punished.

For me Sakho is a good defender whose distribution is far, far ahead of the likes of Dawson or other "solid" players bring to the table.

Having centre backs like Tomkins and Sakho who play the ball out of the back means we are becoming far less reliant on big target men and becoming much harder to defend against as an attacking force.
Old 16-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Hahahaha
I think Klopps judgment is probably correct on both players ... Not that I like that ****.
Old 16-04-2018, 02:25 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
when he's good he's good and when he's bad he's bad is all well and good as i think over the course of a full season he'll do more good than bad, but the main concern for me is his injury record. He's likely to break down again next season and we have to ensure we have adequate back up for when he is out. And by adequate i mean not Dann, Kelly, Jach or Delaney. If he's out for ten games for example we cannot afford to replace him with either an injury prone Dann, a should have retired Damo, an average kelly or an unproven Jach. this is my biggest concern. This also assumes no injury to Tomkins......
Old 16-04-2018, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Sakho has to be stronger when Dunk pushed him.

It isn't all down to Sakho of course, but despite Saturday being a massive, massive win, we really were awful defensively and were at Bournemouth too. We're having some real problems at the back at the moment.

We once again conceded 2, and were pretty lucky it wasn't 3 - against a team still in the relegation mix and who had only scored once in their previous 4 games. If you keep conceding two goals a game you are unlikely to win many football matches. Massive, massive win but not even close to convincing.