Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2018, 02:54 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
when he's good he's good and when he's bad he's bad is all well and good as i think over the course of a full season he'll do more good than bad, but the main concern for me is his injury record. He's likely to break down again next season and we have to ensure we have adequate back up for when he is out. And by adequate i mean not Dann, Kelly, Jach or Delaney. If he's out for ten games for example we cannot afford to replace him with either an injury prone Dann, a should have retired Damo, an average kelly or an unproven Jach. this is my biggest concern. This also assumes no injury to Tomkins......
That's the main issue . Someone posted how many games he had missed through injuries through his career and it didn't make good reading . The problem we have is that Sakho Dann and Tomkins are all likely to miss about a third of the season and to cover for this we need someone who can step in .
Old 16-04-2018, 04:36 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Probably the correct answer..
sigh

So back to clogging it up the pitch then and give the opposition the ball back to attack us.

One player at the back on Saturday constantly gave the ball back to Brighton and that was Wayne with his massive hoofs up the pitch. Sakho and Tomkins generally retained possesion of the ball and either recycled it or set off a move with a penetrating through ball for Luka, RLC or Cabaye to run onto. We actually have defenders that can actually play football now unlike Damo and Kelly and basically every other CB from the last 14 odd years apart from Dann.

As for Benteke he's had a crap season in terms of goals but his all round game is improving I can't see the club selling him and I don't think we should. If we stay up we should be looking at a winger, RLC, a mobile striker and possibly another midfield player. We are losing enough players as it is and need to improve the second string quality and Benteke will have proper competition next season from Sorloth, Wickham and A N other. Scoring goals has not really been the problem under Roy we generally score 1 or 2 a match.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 16-04-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 16-04-2018, 04:41 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I think Klopps judgment is probably correct on both players ... Not that I like that ****.
Such a good coach that he had to spend 70M quid to replace him while last season they were conceding loads of preventable goals because he'd fallen out with him.......bet the Liverpool board loved that.
Old 16-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
sigh

So back to clogging it up the pitch then and give the opposition the ball back to attack us.

One player at the back on Saturday constantly gave the ball back to Brighton and that was Wayne with his massive hoofs up the pitch. Sakho and Tomkins generally retained possesion of the ball and either recycled it or set of a move with a penetrating through ball for Luka, RLC or Cabaye to run onto. We actually have defenders that can actually play football now unlike Damo and Kelly.

as for Benteke he's had a crap season in terms of goals but his all round game is improving I can't see the club selling him and I don't think we should. If we stay up we should be looking at a winger, RLC, a mobile striker and possibly another midfield player. We are losing enough players as it and need to improve the second string quality and Benteke will have proper competition next season from Sorloth, Wickham and A N other.
I see you're only to eager to slate Hennessey as usual, but keen to praise Benteke, who's been little better than useless all season long, as well as a big part of last season too. Is he really a 30mil + 110k per week player? Not even close!
Old 16-04-2018, 04:51 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
I see you're only to eager to slate Hennessey as usual, but keen to praise Benteke, who's been little better than useless all season long, as well as a big part of last season too. Is he really a 30mil + 110k per week player? Not even close!
I'm not praising Benteke but he has made six assists and two goal line clearances which is more than Wayne has managed this season. If Wayne becomes our number two behind Guaite and has a fire lit up his arse so much the better. Same as Benteke.

BUT

Benteke has a track record of being a twenty goal premier league striker and has scored 17 for us in the last season 15 in the Premier League. Can you tell me the last Palace striker that managed that who isnt AJ? Those goals kept us up, so we know it's possible to get it out of him.

WH has a track record of being a league 1/championship goalkeeper he's a backup keeper or even your third choice keeper.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 16-04-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 16-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Keep calm and follow Roy

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Get rid of him and Benteke for 20 mill each and rebuild.
There were many experts on here who wanted us to throw 20M at Wimmer last summer instead of Sakho, a much better prospect apparently

Stoke heading into their biggest game of the season tonight while hes playing for their U23s

Careful what you wish for..Form is temporary class is permanent!
Old 16-04-2018, 06:41 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very glad Sakho is an eagle.
Old 21-04-2018, 10:31 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Much better today!
Old 22-04-2018, 03:00 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Very strong defender but still gives me heart failure with some of his short passing around the back

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 22-04-2018, 03:09 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
Very strong defender but still gives me heart failure with some of his short passing around the back
But he also helps set off some great attacks. When we don't play teams full of cloggers eg Watford/Huddersfield we play some really nice football and stroke it around like Barca occasionally.