Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 14-06-2004, 11:03 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi andy, send me your e-mail address again, I'll send you it down...

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 14-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever say
Any truth in the rumour Neil that you were mainly pleased we won promotion so that you could resume your Palace card collection again ?
Old 15-06-2004, 08:35 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nah, its more fun collecting all the old stuff...

Old 26-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Neil , I noticed on the euro 04 card thread that you are looking for a Berhalter card.
I got mine on ebay by searching for 'Panini world cup 2002' and sending messages to people selling individual cards or 'bulk swaps'.
I paid less than a pound for the card. Might be worth a try !

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 26-06-2004, 09:46 PM
South London VfB

Thanks fella. Have been doing that, just missed out on one today. I'll get the bugger soon tho'...

Got your pm and am updating the list with some new finds from another collector... just when you think you are getting close, somebody adds another load!

Old 26-06-2004, 10:09 PM
South London VfB

HELP!!!

This is driving me nuts... someone posted up some scans to their old FKS sticker collections sometime in the last month... I can't bloody find those scans now despite 30 mins searching and need to check something...

Anyone remember what thread they are on?

Old 26-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

is this the one ?

Old 26-06-2004, 11:14 PM
South London VfB

That's it, I'm sure they were in a thread originally, good work fella.

Spotted a new badge, I'd not previously listed:

Actually this is weird, I have that sticker book and on mine there is no space for a badge... looking closely its just been stuck on the page randomly... anyone know what collection that badge is from?

Old 27-06-2004, 10:05 AM

johnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty airjohnny is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Re the above and John Sewell looking for cards:I sent him the 1970 A&BC set a couple of years ago,if I remember rightly the cards were:
Jackson,Sewell,Wall,Kember,Blyth,McCormick,Scott,P ayne,Tambling,Queen,and Birchenall.All cards were in great nick and suitable for framing.He is a great bloke-he sent me a great old photo as thanks-which I wasn't expecting.
Heard recently that he'd lost his business due to the earthquake in California at the start of this year?,hope he's got up and running again now.
Old 16-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Anyone know if any new sticker/card collections are out yet?
I see Merlin are an official partner of the Premier League this season, so expect at the very least, a "Kick off" sticker album, any time now, as well as the main collection at Xmas time
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever say
Definitely nothing out yet.

I'd guess they'll do them at the end of the month perhaps, once all the transfers are done ?
Old 16-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Have been on the internet today
No talk at Merlin about a "Kick Off" sticker album
There will be of course be a Merlin Premier League 2005 Album, and you can already pre-order your album and starter pack of stickers prior to the book being released in December

There will also be collector cards issued by Wizard of the Coast, part of some sort of card collecting game a bit like Pokemon. Never really understood the game aspect of cards, just collect Palace ones.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-08-2004, 02:14 PM
I cant spell

stushirts is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
That's it, I'm sure they were in a thread originally, good work fella.

Spotted a new badge, I'd not previously listed:

Actually this is weird, I have that sticker book and on mine there is no space for a badge... looking closely its just been stuck on the page randomly... anyone know what collection that badge is from?
sorry mate its my album , all the teams have badges on apart from one , from memory I think it looks like it has been peeled off that page

i can do a better scan if you like ?
Old 29-08-2004, 10:03 AM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle

No talk at Merlin about a "Kick Off" sticker album
Merlin "Kick off" album is out. Mini stickers + Bubblegum 22 stickers per pack 60p. Palace have badge, large sticker of Michael Hughes, 2 medium size stickers of Granville and Routledge + mini oval stickers of Berthelin, Popovic, Butterfield, Routledge, Granville, Leigertwood, Hughes, Riihilahti, Derry, Shipperley and Johnson.

Also from October Smarties have Kick off cans and bars containing stickers. Palace have a sticker of a "full back who made his premiership debut for Chelsea in April 1997 against Arsenal."

You can buy packs online at To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Don't get caught out. I was about to throw out all the bubblegum when my son had one and there are stickers wrapped aroung the gum inside the wrappers. Got Michael Hughes though.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Hooray! We're in a sticker collection again!
To me this signifies "Palace are Back!".

Old 01-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Keeping the Faith

Can we make this thread a sticky.

Coat please (sorry)

Old 02-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry to butt in. Perhaps someone can help me. I've just uncovered a Pannini Football 78 album in good nick. It has 6 stickers missing. Do you think any one would be interested in it if I ebayed it? Or would it have to be complete.

It has hilarious pics of Trev, Kember in a natty Leicester shirt. Can't justify fiitting it onto a shelf in my small home.

Also got a Football 80 album with only a few stickers in it. It has a rather portly Gerry Francis exerting himself for palace against Man Utd on the cover. (one of the stickers is Smurf Murphy)
Old 05-09-2004, 12:59 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 13-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Finally got hold of the new Premier League sticker album. To say it's small is an understatement! The album is pocket size, and the stickers are smaller than stamps!
Got a few packs of stickers to see what they'd be like and there are 22 in each pack, for 60p. The stickers come 6 or 8 to a sheet (the sheet is the size of a standard sticker), then there are an extra two in each pack, wrapped inside a sticky piece of bazooka gum.
Probably the worst "sticker collection" ever, but essential to an obsessive like me!