Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
What's 15 seconds going to do to a block of frozen prawns?

Tell Pete he's having a giggle!
'What's the story Norm?'
'A thirsty guy walks in to a bar... you finish it!'
Old 16-06-2010, 11:51 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H'
What's 15 seconds going to do to a block of frozen prawns?

Tell Pete he's having a giggle!
Ahem very good point re bloc of frozen prawns
Old 18-06-2010, 02:22 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
This week my quest started for a river carp. After an extensive two month baiting campaign, I turned up on the evening of the15th at my swim for a two day session, a mere 20 minute walk from the car with a barrow, plus a manoeuvre over a lock & Sty with said gear, followed by another 150 yard walk. Things looked great, except there was a horrible northerly. I set-up and tried not to cast out until midnight, but found myself feeling drowsy so at 11pm, I slung them out. My indicators sat motionless all night…. the following day was warmish, and again nothing, I was almost willing a large chub to take my bait, not quite, but almost.

During the close season I had seen a lot of carp, the weather and conditions were similar to when I has seen them previously, if the sun is out and the weather was 20+ then they were there. But not a thing. Not even a bow wave, a roll or a lunker! The end of that the first 24 hours and my target for the two day session had been re-written, I had hoped for a couple…. Now I was just hoping for one. At dusk on the 16th I set up my rods for the night. I decided to put several balls of groundbait that would hopefully drift downstream and draw them up. As the light started to fade upstream a couple of heads and big shoulders popped out, followed by a big bow-wave ring. Bream? I convinced myself they were as they grew quite big in this river, but I secretly hoped and inwardly had a feeling that they were in fact carp.

It was 10:30pm My mate had text me for an update, and I had replied that my luck was out, carp nowhere to be seen etc. Then I was just reading his reply which said – “Have a bit of confidence mate” then beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, followed by a whizz of the baitrunner. Phone left hand, hit roof of my oval umbrella and landed at the back somewhere.. I wound down and the rod hooped over, them “pop” it went slack. It pulled the hook. Boooo! In a way I was a little pleased that I now had confirmation that there were carp present… so rebaited in the same spot with confidence. Then as almost to rub salt in the wounds my right had rod, starting letting off the odd beep. Not normally a good sign, and my fear was confirmed when I picked it up. I had a 4lb snotty (Bream) on the end. And that was my bait strategically placed on the other bank.

And that was that until I left the following afternoon. Mind you I did get a fair old sun tan on the 17th! It made it almost bearable. One of the locals, who has loads out of the Medway was fishing around the area and had walked upstream and down stream over both the two days had struggled to find them and blanked as well. In fact a total of seven anglers had fished for carp over those two days, and I had the only run, which makes me feel a little better.

It’s to be continued… I don’t give up that easily. If you were guaranteed, it wouldn’t be called Fishing, it’d be called Catching.
Old 18-06-2010, 02:49 PM

brb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fished again at Hunters little 6am-3pm, hooked one at lunchtime and had it on there a while before hook pulled so happening to us all martin.
I will be back though, least ive had an 18 this week so should be hitting the 20 mark and hopefully that 30 im after soon.
Old 18-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart
This week my quest started for a river carp. After an extensive two month baiting campaign, I turned up on the evening of the15th at my swim for a two day session, a mere 20 minute walk from the car with a barrow, plus a manoeuvre over a lock & Sty with said gear, followed by another 150 yard walk. Things looked great, except there was a horrible northerly. I set-up and tried not to cast out until midnight, but found myself feeling drowsy so at 11pm, I slung them out. My indicators sat motionless all night…. the following day was warmish, and again nothing, I was almost willing a large chub to take my bait, not quite, but almost.

During the close season I had seen a lot of carp, the weather and conditions were similar to when I has seen them previously, if the sun is out and the weather was 20+ then they were there. But not a thing. Not even a bow wave, a roll or a lunker! The end of that the first 24 hours and my target for the two day session had been re-written, I had hoped for a couple…. Now I was just hoping for one. At dusk on the 16th I set up my rods for the night. I decided to put several balls of groundbait that would hopefully drift downstream and draw them up. As the light started to fade upstream a couple of heads and big shoulders popped out, followed by a big bow-wave ring. Bream? I convinced myself they were as they grew quite big in this river, but I secretly hoped and inwardly had a feeling that they were in fact carp.

It was 10:30pm My mate had text me for an update, and I had replied that my luck was out, carp nowhere to be seen etc. Then I was just reading his reply which said – “Have a bit of confidence mate” then beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, followed by a whizz of the baitrunner. Phone left hand, hit roof of my oval umbrella and landed at the back somewhere.. I wound down and the rod hooped over, them “pop” it went slack. It pulled the hook. Boooo! In a way I was a little pleased that I now had confirmation that there were carp present… so rebaited in the same spot with confidence. Then as almost to rub salt in the wounds my right had rod, starting letting off the odd beep. Not normally a good sign, and my fear was confirmed when I picked it up. I had a 4lb snotty (Bream) on the end. And that was my bait strategically placed on the other bank.

And that was that until I left the following afternoon. Mind you I did get a fair old sun tan on the 17th! It made it almost bearable. One of the locals, who has loads out of the Medway was fishing around the area and had walked upstream and down stream over both the two days had struggled to find them and blanked as well. In fact a total of seven anglers had fished for carp over those two days, and I had the only run, which makes me feel a little better.

It’s to be continued… I don’t give up that easily. If you were guaranteed, it wouldn’t be called Fishing, it’d be called Catching.
Lovely post mate, I'm almost there with you...

Far be it for me to teach anyone to suck eggs, but have you considered a more mobile approach?

I spent two seasons on King George V reservoir (Walthamstow complex) with an old mate of mine before fishing was closed there, and very quickly learned about the need to go light and be prepared to move at a moment's notice.

Knowing it was going to be a serious grind on KGV, we took regular breaks to keep our spirits up and part of this was a bit of a campaign on the Lea Navigation just upstream from Waltham Abbey.

Try as we might, we found the static approach very hit and miss - despite pre-baiting with some bloody good bait - and quite quickly adopted a similar approach to the one we used on KGV. Some days we would end up covering 2 - 3 miles up and down, but we rarely ended up fishless.
'What's the story Norm?'
Old 18-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Talking of fishing being a bit hit-and-miss, here's a photo taken by a mate of mine who lives in Dornoch, up in Jockland.

We've had a bit of banter about it over the last couple of days, but I'm completely happy it's genuine. It's just not often you see a dolphin get it wrong, and about one in a million to see a dolphin get it wrong through the lens of a camera!!!

'What's the story Norm?'
Old 19-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
If you want a chance to take a photo like that just pop up to Spey Bay.

If you want a chance to take a photo of otters muching on virtually non existent highly endangered Hampshire Avon salmon, come on down.

Atlantic Salmon RIP.

Basically.
Old 19-06-2010, 07:45 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lovely post mate, I'm almost there with you...

Far be it for me to teach anyone to suck eggs, but have you considered a more mobile approach?

I spent two seasons on King George V reservoir (Walthamstow complex) with an old mate of mine before fishing was closed there, and very quickly learned about the need to go light and be prepared to move at a moment's notice.

Knowing it was going to be a serious grind on KGV, we took regular breaks to keep our spirits up and part of this was a bit of a campaign on the Lea Navigation just upstream from Waltham Abbey.

Try as we might, we found the static approach very hit and miss - despite pre-baiting with some bloody good bait - and quite quickly adopted a similar approach to the one we used on KGV. Some days we would end up covering 2 - 3 miles up and down, but we rarely ended up fishless.

Cheers!

The spot screams carp. There is a large island that on one side goes to a weir and on the other goes down to to a lock. On the opposite bank are lillies and reeds. The stretch isn't that long until the next lock, so whilst they travel the full length, no doubt they will be down there on a regular basis, as I've seen. Plus over the past 9 weeks it's had 60kg of sweetcorn go in. Plus the other lad has been putting in mixed particle into the weir, as well. He actually took the roving approach, and went all the way along with surface gear, they were just nowhere to be found. Thats fishing. Am gonna go down there for a few hours tomorrow evening, and even if I dont get anything I'll put in a KG or two of boilies....

The guy did say that if they come across your bait or you do find them, you might end up having a hectic hour or so.
Old 19-06-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Talking of fishing being a bit hit-and-miss, here's a photo taken by a mate of mine who lives in Dornoch, up in Jockland.

We've had a bit of banter about it over the last couple of days, but I'm completely happy it's genuine. It's just not often you see a dolphin get it wrong, and about one in a million to see a dolphin get it wrong through the lens of a camera!!!

That sort of photo will get into the tabloids or the Metro - without a doubt.
Old 27-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Yesterday down here was the Annual 'Gudgeon Match to The Death' between myself and Sparkey, which I am pleased to report I won 51 to 17. Mind you he did manage to land this bugger - on gudgeon gear! - which hadn't read the right books, taking his maggots during the blazing sunshine yesterday afternoon.

12lb 14oz of prime Hampshire Avon barbel, & a new pb for Steve.
Old 29-06-2010, 09:17 AM

People will have you believe River carp actually climb up your line. I can vouch so far that they really don't!

Stalking them I've found that they are some of the most timid carp I have come across. Steeped in survival.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Archiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tried Lake 1 at Henfold last week and had four 7- 10lb carp on pop up boilies in a couple of hours.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:36 AM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Ran thirty miles to the most Southern point of the island on Saturday, trolled for six hours with a four rod spread, one king fish. Headed back up the road, dropped two wire trolling hand lines outside of the home port for fun and pulled 19 small Spanish Mackerel in an hour and a half.

Doh!

At least they're back in the gulf, now just need to find the big boys.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:04 PM

brb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Done my 9th or 10th session on hunters lodge trying to catch the 30lb carp im after and had a 8LB cat fish yesterday morining. 1st ever cat for me.

Also recommend catching the impossible on channel 4 on sunday mornings.
Old 25-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On the one day i dont go fishing my friends caught this today

Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Memories.......

Old 06-08-2010, 10:40 PM

pistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses growpistol knows where the wild roses grow
[QUOTE=Slimbloke'H']What's 15 seconds going to do to a block of frozen prawns?

Tell Pete he's having a giggle! [/Q

Just looked at this thread H somebody else told him that not me, but then he told me he saw a pike in the shallows at tonbridge, mind you a black bin liner could look like a pike going by his user name lol
Old 18-08-2010, 02:53 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Your marriages may now be safe: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol
Just looked at this thread H somebody else told him that not me, but then he told me he saw a pike in the shallows at tonbridge, mind you a black bin liner could look like a pike going by his user name lol
First chance I've had to post your photos mate.

PS... why's the carp noshing your rod???
'What's the story Norm?'
Old 18-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down lowYASSA the PALACETINIAN will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
First chance I've had to post your photos mate.

That's a fair size for a gudgeon