Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzieEagle
sweet corn
Have caught plenty carp using that ozzie - also boil potatoes in sweet water (just pour loads of sugar in the pan) potatoes have to be semi hardboiled, if they are too soft, you will not be able to cut them and bait the hook. Cheese is also another guaranteed bait for carp.
Never come across a recipe for them though - The chinese tend to eat them a lot (at least the ones on our ships did), I remember someone telling me they were a muddy tasting fish.
Also cook up some pasta with rice, sugar and sweet corn and use that as both bait and ground bait.

Used tuna to go shark fishing, I used to feel guilty about wasting such good tuna

How close are you to the Darling River where it meets the Murray ? - excellent cod fishing there - massive monsters.
Old 14-09-2002, 06:07 PM
Whinging Pom!

DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
hOW LONG CAN YOU STAND ON THOSE PINS
You saucey b*st*rd, and don't shout at me when you're taking the rise.
Old 14-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Whinging Pom!

DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzieEagle

Dennis has the plague that is carp, reached to the nether regions of nw wa ? i swear i've seen (they break my line) 3 foot plus ones in the goulburn here close to Melbourne.
No mate too hot for 'em up there. Perth is about as far north as they get in WA.
Leeds 1-Utd 0 Luvely Jubbly.
Old 14-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by DennisUphill
You saucey b*st*rd, and don't shout at me when you're taking the rise.
I was shouting because we are on the edge of a Tropical Storm and you may not have been able to hear me over the wind and rain
Old 14-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
wheres the freaking delete function, whoops double post dammit !

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 14-09-2002 at 06:37 PM.
Old 14-09-2002, 06:34 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by David Murray
Have caught plenty carp using that ozzie - also boil potatoes in sweet water (just pour loads of sugar in the pan) potatoes have to be semi hardboiled, if they are too soft, you will not be able to cut them and bait the hook. Cheese is also another guaranteed bait for carp.
Never come across a recipe for them though - The chinese tend to eat them a lot (at least the ones on our ships did), I remember someone telling me they were a muddy tasting fish.
Also cook up some pasta with rice, sugar and sweet corn and use that as both bait and ground bait.

Used tuna to go shark fishing, I used to feel guilty about wasting such good tuna

How close are you to the Darling River where it meets the Murray ? - excellent cod fishing there - massive monsters.
Thanks for the tips I would say that i'm 6 hours away from the darling/murray tributory, (to be honest i browsed the web for the closest town and couldnt find one, on a 1st look, and my aussie wife who is bound to have been there and would know is working nightshift dammit) but i'm sure its within 6 hours.

Mind you, fishing freinds of mine that have been up to my holiday place on the goulburn, swear there would be decent murray cod in the systems up there, there are miles of lakes, river goes for miles, and lagoons off the river. But as old man murray cod, lives in holes close to snags, i havnt bothered, we did catch a cod fry (about 4 inches) last year. only live bait i've ever used are worms, and for cod the best bait is something called bardi grubs (large moth catterpillars). I may well just chuck a line in with one on, and see what happens after a coupla hours, later this year. be nice to post a photo of a large cod eh
Old 14-09-2002, 06:34 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Quote:
plenty of carping
My God Murry(a) are you becoming another AFB

Quote:
How close to the River are you Darling they have massive monsters.
Murry(a) you ****
Old 14-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
Quote:
My God Murry(a) are you becoming another AFB

Murry(a) you ****
LOL - The scare of that approaching drizzle really has got your humour working overtime PFIA

If it happens, you are going out with a smile eh
Old 14-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Since '67

Found the closest town, for the darling/murray tributory, its Wentworth, which would be within 6 hours of here. However, if my Fishing manic freind is anything to go by, i should be able, or he should be able to catch a cod outta the goulburn, and i will post the results on here.

FYI, the goulburn hosts, Carp, Brown Trout, lots of crayfish, yabbies, Red fin, (thats a very big english perch) 2 kilos sometimes. Yellow belly, (christ knows what they are lol) Brim, Murray cod (is that the same as fresh water cod elsewhere ???) opps and turtles, plus lots of damn snakes, i saw two tiger snakes close to my site in the water last year, and if they bite yah, and you dont get treatment you are dead for sure. lots of water rats, too many water birds to mention. and the icing on the cake, is platypus, i have those nesting at the back of next doors caravan, now that is unusual, because they only like, clean wild water.
Old 15-09-2002, 04:05 AM
Ball Gazer has been.

N : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Perch Tench Carp and Pike are all edible fish and can sometimes still be found on the menu in France .
Old 15-09-2002, 04:38 AM
Whinging Pom!

Quote:
I was shouting because we are on the edge of a Tropical Storm and you may not have been able to hear me over the wind and rain
Good One.
Old 15-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Whinging Pom!

Quote:
Don't give up mate - get your self off after the Barramundi, now that is fishing
Well, just been told I've been transferred 1500 kms north & back to Karratha, probably the southernmost limit of the mighty Barra in WA. So I could be in wiv a sniff.
But my dream is to get into the Billfish.
Old 15-09-2002, 04:30 PM
Whinging Pom!

Quote:
Originally posted by biggus mickus
Bad scans, but you get the drift. One came in at 85 kilo, the other at 40 kilo. They were boated by two lads from NZ, and had to tie them to the sides. The boat was to small to bring them onboard.
What happened to 'Tag & Release' in Spain?
Old 15-09-2002, 05:07 PM
Playing a round

Quote:
Not sure they have heard of it over there Dennis

I remember tagging two blue sharks I caught off the coast of NSW (only about 80 and 120 kilos) but the andrenalin was flowing something terrific. It was during a weekend tournament and our boat won the shark fishing section with a 476 kilos Tiger shark - now that was one nasty muvver! Had to drown it and drag it back as it was not possible to bring it fully onboard due to its size.

All respect to the skipper of the boat though.
Old 16-09-2002, 05:27 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is Spain, they play it thier own way.
The Tuna competitions, are all keeps. In fact, everything, is all keeps.
They will keep a tiny Bass, and feed it to the cat, or put it in a soup.
The locals dont care. Even Spanish kids, fishing in the marina, will smash a small fish on the dockside, rather than get thier hands dirty.
You need a licence to fish on the beach here, unless you are Spanish. They only seem to check them, if you are blonde. You need another licence, to boat fish.
Old 16-09-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
A big Tuna competition was held at Ceuta, Moroco this weekend. The winning fish, came in at 248 kilo. Blue fin Atun. The fish was caught by a local boat called Los Primachos, a nice Rodman.
The Guardia, stopped every boat on the way back to Spain. The drug, and Illegal's problem is as bad here, as in the UK.
Old 16-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Playing a round

Quote:
Originally posted by biggus mickus
The winning fish, came in at 248 kilo. Blue fin Atun.
Nice bait for shark fishing Mick

What would that sell for over there ?
Old 16-09-2002, 06:07 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by N
Perch Tench Carp and Pike are all edible fish and can sometimes still be found on the menu in France .
I used to be a bailiff at a well known trout reservoir in the SE and we used to remove all pike under 10lbs which were placed in a holding pen until we had 2-300 fish. This used to take a couple of weeks and then we would transport them to Newhaven where they were sold for the French market. We used to get paid more per pound for the pike than we were charged for our stock trout

One amusing story, we used to kill the pike before taking them to Newhaven and one hot day the traffic was particularly bad and the fish were rejected as not being fresh. Trying to dispose of over 1,000lb of stinking pike bodies is something I never want to have to do again Still a couple of weeks later we took the next batch down but used the lorry with live tanks so no-one could claim the pike were not fresh. In fact when we handed down the first crate with twenty or so seriously pissed off snapping and flapping pike in it I think it was fair to say our point was made. By the time we had offloaded all the pike it was complete mayhem on the dock with people cursing and swearing trying to catch up escaping pike and getting in each others way.

Funnily enough we never again had any complaints about the quality of our pike

One other benefit of being bailiff at this water was permission to fish for the pike in what was a fly only fishery. One day I was spinning along a bank of mares tails and without moving swims I hooked five pike in five casts, of which I landed four. All were over twenty pounds in weight. Incredible but true. I never had a thirty but the fishery manager had two in a day once, again on spinners
Old 16-09-2002, 06:09 PM
I'm watching you

Selling it, the right way, ie paperwork. About 1000 and a bit.
Without the paperwork, half that.

About 4 a kilo.
Old 16-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Playing a round

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Eagle
Trying to dispose of over 1,000lb of stinking pike bodies is something I never want to have to do again
LOL

I can imagine, I have enough problems disposing of a dozen or so heads and leftovers when I clean fish at home. Don't want to throw them in the water by the house as they attrach eels and I hate them with a passion. Normally drive around to the local supermarkets dustbin (if it is not locked up) or some innocent dustbin along the way and pray the next day or so isn't sunny