Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by biggus mickus
Selling it, the right way, ie paperwork. About 1000 and a bit.
Without the paperwork, half that.

About 4 a kilo.
Worth coming over just for the fishing
Old 17-09-2002, 01:13 AM
Whinging Pom!

DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill
Quote:
Selling it, the right way, ie paperwork. About 1000 and a bit.
Without the paperwork, half that.

About 4 a kilo.
Jesus Christ Mick, you should think about doing a deal with the Japs. If you were to give it some Ikejemi (sp), keep it in ice slurry and not bruise it on capture. You could virtually buy a new boat for what their willing to pay for that stuff i.e. 250 kg fish.
Bit simplistic I know, but you should feel out some contacts out there.
Old 17-09-2002, 05:25 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Red tape, and worthless paperwork, are king here mate. Not even worth the trouble.
Old 18-09-2002, 03:18 PM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
Just booked another 2 days fishing - 26th for Cod and 28th (evening/night) for flatfish
Old 19-09-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Lucky sod.
The Melba have been, and gone. All five kin days of it.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 29-09-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm watching you

Bass are showing around the rocks, outside the marina.
Expect the Spanish to turn up with depth charges at any moment.

Old 04-10-2002, 02:03 AM
Playing a round

A far amount of flat fish (sole, dab etc) and a decent catch of cod last week. Night fishing was a bit sad, not as good as we had hoped - still, a catch is a catch.

Anyone fished in Portgual (Algarve)? Off there on Sunday for a week and will be trying out the local fishing scene - any tips welcome.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Whinging Pom!

DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill DennisUphill
Right, I'm buggering off back up to the tropics chasing the Wahoo, Mackerel and Billfish. I've got Braided line on me Overhead for bottom bouncing', I'm tempted to try the same on me shimano fixed spool reels
as me mono line's reached it's use by date. Now I've been told fixed spool reels and braided lines don't mix.
I like the idea of getting 500 metres of 10 kg line on a TSS4 & a Baitrunner.Anyone actually tried it and any thoughts.
Old 29-10-2002, 10:55 AM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Well after a year of no fishing, not even getting out on the Channel or down to the Tiese and having to read threads like this I have just booked myself five weeks in Trinidad & Tobago where I have a cousin who owns a marine salvage company so not only lots of free diving but also some serious fishing.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

12th December here I come
Old 29-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Jedi Master

bobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by TAK
Well after a year of no fishing, not even getting out on the Channel or down to the Tiese and having to read threads like this I have just booked myself five weeks in Trinidad & Tobago where I have a cousin who owns a marine salvage company so not only lots of free diving but also some serious fishing.

12th December here I come
If you need someone to carry your fly boxes don't hesitate to give me a call.

The path to the Dark Side.
Old 29-10-2002, 01:49 PM
_

candide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
so surprised that didnt work....
Old 29-10-2002, 01:51 PM
_

candide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
the one in front of me in the canoe and the one behind me got one each of these....

...at least i got to see it....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fisk.jpg (110.9 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by candide; 29-10-2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old 29-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by TAK

Green with envy TAK, you lucky *******

Still I did manage my first open-sea caught mullet on a fly recently which was something I suppose. I am currently trying to sort out three weeks in Queensland saltwater fly fishing next year to tie in with a weeks wild pig shooting I have been offered up there (Mrs_Blind permitting )

Like I said, green with envy
Old 04-11-2002, 12:00 PM
I'm watching you

One of the local boats has caught a Blue fin Tuna of 350 kilo.
This late season intruder was hit at a depth of 120 metres, using a flapper.
When the boat got to the dock, they used a crane to get it onshore. They had to tie it next to the hull to get it home. I will try and get a photo of it.

Old 04-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
bloody only thing i caught (whilst palace where playing brighton as well, sacrilege to be away from the comp at that time) on my beloved corn bait, was a bloody small crayfish dammit

mind you me and the missus got stonkered and we had fun !

ohh and the other enteraintment, was a home made orange gun, involves, plastic piping, aerosole, an orange, and ignition, bloody deadly, and a lot of fun when pissed !!!! punch a hole thru a tin shed, or travel close to 200 metres, might try some aerostart in it next time, lol

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 04-11-2002 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Whinging Pom!

Quote:
One of the local boats has caught a Blue fin Tuna of 350 kilo.
This late season intruder was hit at a depth of 120 metres, using a flapper.
When the boat got to the dock, they used a crane to get it onshore. They had to tie it next to the hull to get it home. I will try and get a photo of it.
"Flapper" Please explain Mick.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:26 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisUphill
"Flapper" Please explain Mick.
A flapper is when you cut from the tail, going towards the head both sides od a bait fish. Some keep the backbone and tail on, some dont. As the tide runs through the fish, the two flanks flag in the water. This allows the juices to flow out, and makes it stand out as bait.

Old 18-11-2002, 07:50 AM
Whinging Pom!

Don't know if this has appeared before
Attached Images
File Type: jpg masterb...jpg (10.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 18-11-2002, 07:53 AM
Whinging Pom!

Quote:
A flapper is when you cut from the tail, going towards the head both sides od a bait fish. Some keep the backbone and tail on, some dont. As the tide runs through the fish, the two flanks flag in the water. This allows the juices to flow out, and makes it stand out as bait.
Cheers and Birthday greetings to your old self.
Incidentally do you troll or drift the 'flapper'?
Old 18-11-2002, 07:54 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
We've often used flappers when drifting but best results have been when anchored and letting the flapper drift into a reck, surefire Conger eel