Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-02-2006, 02:23 PM
tie

mikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverer

Last edited by mikebow; 27-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 17-02-2006, 02:27 PM

JKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
Is it the same Envy? What's the album called, as they don't appear to have a discography on their website...?
It can't be...envy&OS don't have an album. They're an immense band IMO. I started up a record label a few years back...and they were on the CD (but under a different name of Atlas). Great band.

And I saw the Magic Numbers at Brixton last night. I was blown away, they were incredible. I had gone not expecting much. And in their encore they covered Beyoncé's 'Crazy Right Now". Brilliant set.

Anyone going to Biffy Clyro at Koko's on Monday? That one should be excellant.

Last edited by JKM; 17-02-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 17-02-2006, 02:46 PM

pubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the best
Quote:
Originally posted by mikebow
the 1000th post!..

who is seeing strokes tonight???...
Me. Who is supporting?
Old 17-02-2006, 04:07 PM
tie

mikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverer

Last edited by mikebow; 27-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 17-02-2006, 04:08 PM

colin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I'm planning to. Has anyone got a spare ticket at face value? I'm willing to pay £35 though
Old 17-02-2006, 04:27 PM

colin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcolin88 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
the shout out louds i think, they are some swedish indie i think haven't heard any of it though...
It's adam green. I'm not going anymore,my friend just cancelled on me!
Old 17-02-2006, 04:32 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
the shout out louds i think, they are some swedish indie i think haven't heard any of it though...
The Shout Out Louds are excellent. I've had their CD on for weeks now. They have stopped supporting the Strokes now though, and Adam Green has taken over.
Old 18-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Web Junkee

John.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bag
NME tourshow was superb, We Are Scientists and Maximo Park my personal favourites. Gutted about only being able to watch half of the latters set though especially as I passed up the chance to buy presales last Monday to see them in October. If anyone has spare tickets
Old 19-02-2006, 06:40 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the strokes were alright. Not great but not awful.
Old 19-02-2006, 06:57 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
James Blunt with the girlfriend tomorrow

Only gigs got planned after our Kaisers and the Icicle Monkeys both in April. Probably will end up at numerous others before then.
Old 22-02-2006, 01:06 AM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim of the 80's
I wish I was going. Might pay a fiver for the webcast.
It was well worth it, cracking performance.
Old 15-03-2006, 03:16 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw Jethro Tull at the Dome on Monday - 2 hours of brilliance including every track off Aqualung. If you have ever liked this band you should try to see them live to experience a unique gig atmosphere of total respect for the band who have total respect for their audience in return. Ian Anderson's stage patter is alway's fun to hear and the love of the music is evident.

An added bonus was special guest Lucia Marcelli who joined them onstage. This "rock chick" violinist was amazing and put an extra dimension to the Tull. In return, they backed her for a few numbers which included dazzling renditions of Bohemian Rhapsody and Kashmir - no I couldn't believe it either but it was blooming good!
Old 18-03-2006, 08:23 PM

DuncanW is playing for a contract
Saw The Violets and White Rose Movement on Monday night at Kings College. Both were excellent although WRM are probably the more likely of the two to break through as they're a bit more commercial. in fact, I think their new single, Girls in the Back could be the one to do it for them.
Old 18-03-2006, 08:27 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by DuncanW
Saw The Violets and White Rose Movement on Monday night at Kings College. Both were excellent although WRM are probably the more likely of the two to break through as they're a bit more commercial. in fact, I think their new single, Girls in the Back could be the one to do it for them.
I've been championing WRM for ages on the what are you listening to. Really wanted to see Larrikin love last night at Koko but had made other plans unfortantly.
Old 19-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just got back from the Dead 60's who were playing the London Astoria. 3 or 4 good songs. Was average.

The Rifles were supporting, a lot better IMVHO.
Old 20-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Saw a slightly cut-down Chumbawamba playing a great little accoustic type set in The Cartoon on Friday. £10 on the door, local venue, worth every penny.
Old 20-03-2006, 12:07 AM

Tony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have a mate who saw "the dead 60's" at Astoria tonight, don't know how it was, but saw them at Concorde 2 in Brighton not so long ago. Quality band, Ska Revival and more substance to them than many. Any reviews?
Old 20-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana
Have a mate who saw "the dead 60's" at Astoria tonight, don't know how it was, but saw them at Concorde 2 in Brighton not so long ago. Quality band, Ska Revival and more substance to them than many. Any reviews?
Look a few posts up...
Old 20-03-2006, 12:18 AM

Tony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
Look a few posts up...
hehe! What was their Set list. The reason i ask is because when i saw them i was a little disappointed that with their selection. IMHO i thought far better songs on their album than they played that night(were supported by the kooks who were worse than average) When i went was quite a young crowd aswell.

Saying that, Riot on the radio is one of the better songs i've heard recently. The band is heavily influenced by Joe Strummer(RIP) and Specials(please reform, heard a rumour will be at Badfest, but won't believe it!)
Old 20-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Let it Be

I don't know their songs well enough to tell you the set list. Riot on the radio was good, and ghost face killer that they played at the end. A couple of other good ones, but nothing great.

I'm seeing the Kooks mid May, hopefully. Hope they are better than worse than average. Paid a lot for the tickets on Ebay.

Dirty Pretty Things are the band I'm looking forward to this year tho.