Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 28-07-2000, 03:09 AM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
A pint before Millwall

I seriously would advise not drinking near the Den for a number of reasons.

The George on Borough High Street is strongly reccomended, it's a nice place next to London Bridge Station. No problem with bringing the kids and you can sit outside if the weather is good.

A few of us meet there on Fridays, so I can reccomend it.

Old 28-07-2000, 02:32 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its OK before the game, but I'd think twice about afterwards from personal experience.

We got chased all over London Bridge/Sothwark when we beat 'em 4-1 at the New Den in 1996 and ended up in the George.

It didn't take 'em long to figure out where we'd ended up, but thankfully there was quite a few more Palace there so they didn't start anything, they just hung around waiting for us to leave ... but eventually got bored and left.
Old 28-07-2000, 03:44 PM

The Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The George it is then. If you bring Mat ov, I'll bring Oisin and we can watch them schmooze up to each other whilst debating asylum seekers, the NHS and such like.
Old 28-07-2000, 05:10 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
As Men at Work will tell you, my nephew, who is Palace - and also a tall nutty looking skinhead character but actually a very nice bloke - runs a pub in New Cross.
Old 28-07-2000, 05:10 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
I'll be in 'The Hobgoblin' opposite New Cross Gate station. Newly renovated with a huge beer garden. The few Millwall supporters in there are all locals and regulars so no chance of trouble (especially since the owner is a Palace fan). I've been in there a few times post-game in Palace colours and never had a sniff of trouble. The walk to the ground brings you through the south side which avoids any chance of trouble at Bermondsey station.
Old 28-07-2000, 05:24 PM

The Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Wee Red : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
we're likely to be boozing in New Cross after the game. I haven't been in the Hobgoblin since it was done up but may pay a visit as well as The Marquis of Granby.
Old 28-07-2000, 05:35 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Say hello to my nephew for me!
Old 28-07-2000, 05:42 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Have you seen little Peter Brodie Digby Vaughan(?) yet, Al? Even at 7 weeks old he has more hair than his Dad
Old 28-07-2000, 06:21 PM
A rare visitor

No, but I heard about him from his gran! (My sister)
Old 29-07-2000, 04:36 AM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Sadly Mat ov will be in Croatia by Saturday. He's the only person I know who considers ethnic cleansing as an acceptable form of adventure holiday.

[This message has been edited by TAK (edited 28 July 2000).]
Old 29-07-2000, 04:52 AM

Tak, I thought you'd be walking into a Bermondsey pub in full Palace colours yelling that you'll take on the useless Millwall losers if any are hard enough. You can then go into the home support and keep up non-stop Palace songs for the whole game then go back into their local and take the piss out of them for getting hammered on the pitch. After that you won't be scared of anything so you can give that wedding speech with confidence
Old 29-07-2000, 04:55 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I've arranged to meet a few friends in the george already including two Millwall and Wee Red as you can see. About one o'clock.
Old 31-07-2000, 12:22 AM
A rare visitor

I hear a lot of BBSers went into my nephews pub. Does he really have a Palace Eagle adorning the front of the bar?
Old 31-07-2000, 03:45 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell
I wouldn't say there was a lot of us there Al - but certainly more than there were Millwall !
Didn't see the Eagle though - saw pics of the baby - but the only other thing staring us in the face from the front of the bar was beer !
Old 31-07-2000, 12:58 PM

Al, I did say hello to Brodie from you. He looked extremely puzzled before finally remembering who you were. That Sunderland game was a long time ago.
Old 31-07-2000, 03:34 PM
A rare visitor

We're a close family! Actually I don't see him much at all - but he phoned me to say he'd met a few BBS types and also to agonise over the result.

Old 31-07-2000, 03:40 PM

The only bright spot he could see from the result was that no-one was going to smash his windows in. Perhaps the team were given police advice to lose heavily to avoid any trouble
Old 31-07-2000, 03:52 PM
A rare visitor

See, thee's always an upside!