Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-10-2018, 04:01 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
Typical network rail feck up although apologies to LN1 but signallers these days just seem to want to keep trains running come what may. Well that's the way it is up here in scotland. If you have a train fault the signaller hounds you as though its him personally who is paying for the delay.

Yes the driver seems to be in the wrong here but once the signaller was in contact with him the signaller was totally unproffessional and in my opinion grossly negligent. Lucky for all concerned there were no serious injuries or fatalities
It's something I've never done as long the driver tells me he is a failure or is fault finding them I leave them to it. Mind you with 13 years as a Mobile Ops Manager with plenty of time in the cab I know a driver has a lot of things on his plate during failures and incidents as well as dealing with his own Control. Sadly the pressure for almost 'real time ' incident updates with todays 'delay minutes' mantra doesnt help at times with the constant clamour for information from above. Conversely I had an incident today where the driver was calling me quite often wanting to know what was going on but I couldn't help and felt quite sorry for him given the nature of the event. At least we have the luxury of guard/conductors on all our trains so the driver has on less thing to cope with unlike the Overground train in the report..

Last edited by LN1; 24-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 24-10-2018, 04:08 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
It's something I've never done as long the driver tells me he is a failure or is fault finding them I leave them to it. Mind you with 13 years as a Mobile Ops Manager with plenty of time in the cab I know a driver has a lot of things on his plate during failures and incidents as well as dealing with his own Control. Sadly the pressure for almost 'real time ' incident updates with todays 'delay minutes' mantra doesnt help at times with the constant clamour for information from above. Conversely I had an incident today where the driver was calling me quite often wanting to know what was going on but I couldn't help and felt quite sorry for him given the nature of the event. At least we have the luxury of guard/conductors on all our trains so the driver has on less thing to cope with unlike the Overground train in the report..
Dealing with a incident is far far easier when you have a guard.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:31 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Ive had a signaller tell me to ask the paramedics be as quick as possible to get the patient off my train when we had a medical emergency recently. I told him to go **** himself and that I'd leave them to do their job.

Also had a passenger collapsed on the platform recently. Made an announcement asking if any medics on board. Three nurses jumped off and took over in the pissing rain. The signaller said I could leave my ticket examiner with them to await the ambulance and continue on my journey. Again I told the **** to **** himself
Old 24-10-2018, 09:08 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ive had a signaller tell me to ask the paramedics be as quick as possible to get the patient off my train when we had a medical emergency recently. I told him to go **** himself and that I'd leave them to do their job.

Also had a passenger collapsed on the platform recently. Made an announcement asking if any medics on board. Three nurses jumped off and took over in the pissing rain. The signaller said I could leave my ticket examiner with them to await the ambulance and continue on my journey. Again I told the **** to **** himself
Certainly wouldn't happen around our way but many signalling centres now have Ops and delay staff breathing down the neck of the signaller locally in the building so may be pressured to do so? Had a Cat 'A' today and to their credit no-one pressured anyone at anytime to clear it away quicker than that was necessary. That said we are fairly quiet and it may be treated differently in other (busier) areas, not that that's a justification to do so.
Old 24-10-2018, 09:11 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

I've had Control ask me to ask the paramedics how long they were gonna be. They were treating a man who had a seizure. I refused.
Old 24-10-2018, 09:44 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Not specific to Southern but one for the train drivers and signallers on here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
In the comments, one guy suggests a checklist the driver can follow for various types of incident. I've always thought this would be handy to have. It doesn't replace the rule book but can at least help you if you have to deal with a lot of things happening at once. I always think contact the signaller with accurate info is a good first step to take. Then maintenance control as they fix trains all the time. Obviously with diesels you don't have the electric danger unless you are in a dual area. And as others have said, a guard is a great asset to keep passengers informed and stop them bolting from the train like at Lewisham. Maybe in that example things wouldn't have escalated dangerously with the signaller in the loop early and maintenance control helping to fault find.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Southern Railway bastards

Can any of our resident drivers tell me why the Victoria-Epsom service is such shit? And are you told to a) go ******* slow b) miss out Carshalton - Balham regularly for any particular reason?
Old 03-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er View Post
Can any of our resident drivers tell me why the Victoria-Epsom service is such shit? And are you told to a) go ******* slow b) miss out Carshalton - Balham regularly for any particular reason?
Never normally have too many issues along there although there is one train my depot do in the morning where we are on time from Dorking all the way to Mitcham Eastfields and then often end up at Victoris 10-15 minutes late.

Most Dorking / Horsham services now run fast from Clapham to Carshalton and the other way. Not sure if that is what you mean? The Epsom terminators usually stop all stops but if they are very late can get run fast as they only have 8 minute turn around at Epsom (9 or 10 at Victoria) and will usually end up blocking the path through for Dorking / Horsham's at Epsom and also then delay the terminators from London Bridge too.

Drivers have really started to like the London Bridges now as we usually get 27 minute turn around up there. At Epsom and Victoria even without delays we are literally straight in and out. I got moaned at for having to use the toilet yesterday. When you have to go etc etc.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:01 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Checking out this story about female airline pilots and it had this table below. Where do I sign up to be a driver?

Old 07-11-2018, 02:05 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Google rail uk forums Fatgirl.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:06 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Checking out this story about female airline pilots and it had this table below. Where do I sign up to be a driver?

Apply via website.
High failure rate (80%) to get through the various tests, so don't be disheartened if you fail first time.
(you only get 2 chances to apply)
Old 10-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Dangerous and entirely avoidable situation at Selhurst tonight with lies on twitter as usual

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-11-2018, 08:15 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Dangerous and entirely avoidable situation at Selhurst tonight with lies on twitter as usual
What happened?

Standard shambles at Norwood Junction, where they hold hundreds of people back then force them through a small side entrance.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 10-11-2018, 08:28 PM

I would like to nominate LNER for todays award for cancelling their only direct Lincoln train but then diverting all their remaining through services via Lincoln without one stopping there! Squelchy feet (thanks Southern) on the 80 minute bus replacement service ☹