Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Hennessey 15 4.44%
Wan-Bissaka 121 35.80%
Tomkins * 15 4.44%
Sakho 76 22.49%
van Aanholt 5 1.48%
McArthur *** 2 0.59%
Kouyaté 35 10.36%
Milivojevic 3 0.89%
Meyer ** 3 0.89%
Townsend 26 7.69%
Ayew 15 4.44%
Kelly * 2 0.59%
Schlupp ** 9 2.66%
Sørloth *** 11 3.25%
Voters: 338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
So Kane, one of the best forwards in Europe loses his marker and it's the defender's fault? Come on, Kelly isn't that good in the first place which is why he isn't a starter. He's not the first, last or the best defender to get done by Kane's movement. He was too good for Kelly but there's no shame in that.
Especially when he had just come on - very difficult to get immediately up to speed.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Very difficult to get up to speed?! It was a header in which Kane moved about one yard. It wasn't great movement and Kelly just got out-muscled. It was weak defending. The fact he had just come on shouldn't have a difference. It wasn't as if it was a sprint race in which I could understand him not being up to speed.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Owngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last few weeks I have seen dreadful marking from both Tomkins and Sakho. That goal was down to a collective lack of action and particularly Ayew. Kelly made some vital interceptions later on. He had not warmed up particularly well prior to coming on. Really unfair to try and put the blame onto him as several intelligent posters have pointed out.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:51 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Last few weeks I have seen dreadful marking from both Tomkins and Sakho. That goal was down to a collective lack of action and particularly Ayew. Kelly made some vital interceptions later on. He had not warmed up particularly well prior to coming on. Really unfair to try and put the blame onto him as several intelligent posters have pointed out.
I agree there were a number of mistakes so it wasn't just Kelly. But if Kelly won that header then the goal wouldn't have happened. Are we honestly not to expect a professional footballer in the premier league to be ready to come on? They do warm up after all.

Anyway, what is undeniable is that Kelly is a good, solid professional but he's significantly below the level of Tomkins and Sakho. I always worry when Kelly starts just because our first choice CBs are so strong.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Was played out wide.
He gave the ball away from simple passes several times and failed in several tackles. Stop saying it was a positional thing, nobody expected him to whip crosses in from the wings, he was just shit.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
It want Sakho that was marking him, it was kouyate wasn't it?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:26 AM

Owngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I agree there were a number of mistakes so it wasn't just Kelly. But if Kelly won that header then the goal wouldn't have happened. Are we honestly not to expect a professional footballer in the premier league to be ready to come on? They do warm up after all.

Anyway, what is undeniable is that Kelly is a good, solid professional but he's significantly below the level of Tomkins and Sakho. I always worry when Kelly starts just because our first choice CBs are so strong.
I can remember Kelly getting MoM and high ratings in the past alongside Sakho. No need to single him out for worry. Certainly not a full back. As I said in the majority of goals recently it has been collective navel gazing at free kicks that has let us down. Then of course we have Luka and Andros incapable of finding a Palace player when they take theirs. Roy needs to get a defensive coach to work with the players, such as Paddy.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:31 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
So Kane, one of the best forwards in Europe loses his marker and it's the defender's fault? Come on, Kelly isn't that good in the first place which is why he isn't a starter. He's not the first, last or the best defender to get done by Kane's movement. He was too good for Kelly but there's no shame in that.
We talking about this season or last seasons game?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:59 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Especially when he had just come on - very difficult to get immediately up to speed.
A scapegoat for a few Palace fans I’m afraid. Add him to the list with Hennessey, Schlupp & Sørloth
Old 12-11-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
I can remember Kelly getting MoM and high ratings in the past alongside Sakho. No need to single him out for worry. Certainly not a full back. As I said in the majority of goals recently it has been collective navel gazing at free kicks that has let us down. Then of course we have Luka and Andros incapable of finding a Palace player when they take theirs. Roy needs to get a defensive coach to work with the players, such as Paddy.
Agree with that. It's odd as we look good defensively the majority of the time but then we seem to concede from basic setpieces recently. Maybe it's just a temporary bad patch but it's not good. Definitely something that needs work on to tighten up as you say.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:04 PM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We are in the prem, not in the relation zone. Cheer up everyone!!
Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CPFC* View Post
We are in the prem, not in the relation zone. Cheer up everyone!!
Maybe but too damn close to be anything but very concerned