Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2018, 11:55 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is hereJaserob Sam the man is here
Missed Transfer Flops

With all of the transfer speculation going on at every transfer window and all of the players we have been linked with over the years, the fair majority of us have been excited at being linked with certain players and then disappointed when we don't sign that player.

It just made me wonder, how many of those players have turned out to be flops, and we should be grateful at having not signed those players.

One that sticks in my mind was Islam Slimani.
Old 30-01-2018, 01:59 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Or which ones that we have really been in for have gone on to succeed? Didn’t we bid £30 million for Batshuayi? He’s not exactly ripped up trees has he?
Old 30-01-2018, 03:54 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
I was disappointed we missed out on James Chester, Michael Hector and Steven Caulker as they all seemed like Palace players in that they were rough diamonds needing a polish. All ended up in the Championship.
Old 30-01-2018, 04:47 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Missed Transfer Flops

I remember we were a gnat's cock away from signing Kennet Andersson. Not sure anyone had heard too much about him, but he went and had a great 1994 World Cup in the USA, and we lost out on him.

I'm not so sure he really hit the heights it was expected, although I might be wrong.
Old 30-01-2018, 07:10 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Edit - I've read this thread way wrong.

Clinton Morrison

Last edited by CharlieCPFC; 30-01-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old 30-01-2018, 07:58 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Darren Bent and Nicholas Bendtner. Bent was extremely close to signing IIRC only to blow us out for Fulham. Bendtner, it was claimed was at the training ground though maybe that wasn't actually true. Either way both of their careers nosedived
Old 30-01-2018, 08:30 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Darren Bent and Nicholas Bendtner. Bent was extremely close to signing IIRC only to blow us out for Fulham. Bendtner, it was claimed was at the training ground though maybe that wasn't actually true. Either way both of their careers nosedived
Should a joined the Palace
Old 30-01-2018, 08:54 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
... I see that Cahill has just resigned for Millwall... missed out again!!!
Old 30-01-2018, 09:24 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Agents fees!
Old 30-01-2018, 09:25 AM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
I think we have! The Standard says he is now a forward and wants to play to keep fit for the World Cup. Surely would've been worthwhile getting him in for the sub bench for the last 20 minutes here and there, and also for nostalgia reasons.
Old 30-01-2018, 09:39 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
I think we have! The Standard says he is now a forward and wants to play to keep fit for the World Cup. Surely would've been worthwhile getting him in for the sub bench for the last 20 minutes here and there, and also for nostalgia reasons.
I think the 'wants to play'. He will get as much game time as he wants/can manage at Millwall under 0 pressure.
Old 30-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
That lad who was playing in Germany last season, Oliver Burke, this place lost its mind when he went to WBA...

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 30-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Weren't we linked with those two Russians who went to Millwall and ended up as duds?
Old 30-01-2018, 10:20 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
Part of a front 3 of AJ and Kevin Doyle.
Old 30-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I remember we were a gnat's cock away from signing Kennet Andersson. Not sure anyone had heard too much about him, but he went and had a great 1994 World Cup in the USA, and we lost out on him.

I'm not so sure he really hit the heights it was expected, although I might be wrong.
I still remember that one too and being totally gutted when it didn't work out and feeling even worse once I had seen him in the World Cup because he looked very good. But he had an OK career after that rather than a stellar one. I had never heard of him before the link to us and so being gutted was totally irrational. But that's the same today
Old 30-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Or which ones that we have really been in for have gone on to succeed? Didn’t we bid £30 million for Batshuayi? He’s not exactly ripped up trees has he?
That summer we were heavily linked with Slimani, Batshuayi, Bony, Berahinho & Zaza all for a similar price to Benteke.

Big Ben has got a lot of stick this season but he was the most successful out of that lot after he moved clubs.

(I think Zaza has since done well in Spain)
Old 30-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
That summer we were heavily linked with Slimani, Batshuayi, Bony, Berahinho & Zaza all for a similar price to Benteke.

Big Ben has got a lot of stick this season but he was the most successful out of that lot after he moved clubs.

(I think Zaza has since done well in Spain)
Isnt Zaza still trotting towards the penatly spot?
Old 30-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
There was the Polish bloke Arkadiusz Bak that Steve Bruce wanted to sign and SJ refused and led to bruce jumping ship to Birmingham...signed him...bloke flopped.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 30-01-2018, 12:57 PM

bloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Albert 'Sideways Step' Adomah
Old 30-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Nugent.
Closed Thread