Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

View Poll Results: The Transfer window
day 1 5 1.78%
week 2 62 22.06%
week 3 65 23.13%
last minute of the last day 149 53.02%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
I can see this getting very tense. Here is the thing, as we always know, most deals get done near the end of the window, whether that is the right thing to do or not. So far, bar Tosun, the only deals that have been done, most likely started being planned in the summer(Coutinho, Van Dijk). The fact we have done no business yet is no real surprise and I imagine clubs are trying to hold us to ransom for as much cash as they can. Son in a lot of ways, panicking is just silly right now.

HOWEVER. Here is the problem that will be driving a lot of us nuts. Under Pardew we all became blinded that this squad was better than it was, so we only added a few players to it. Last season we realised that actually, it really isn't. We went into last summer needing a massive overhaul, we all knew it and I swear Big Sam did too, and would put money on he left because there would not be the money to do the necessary rebuild. The only business we actually did were two loans and one permanent player. We needed a keeper, didn't get one. We needed a striker or two, didn't get any. We have no replacement for Wilf or Townsend, very few options at right back and no real replacement for Luka. We left it all to the last minute and ballsed up big time. Roy has come in and until injuries forced his hand, was only really using 12-13 players because the rest just aren't good enough either currently, or anymore. No injuries are hammering us, our desperation has grown even worse. We need six wins to survive, but Roy is running out of players to achieve that with.

Our results over xmas probably calmed the possible storm. But soon people are going to get very vocal. Dougie has been hired to sort out transfers. He has known that a minimum strikers and a keeper were required since September 1st. I believe at some private Q&A he implied there would be deals done swiftly. Nine days in and nothing has happened. The only real mention is Guaita, but then there is rumour that we have delayed and allowed Watford to steal in. Of course, no on really knows, but if he signs for Watford, that is what everyone will now think happened. Parish, for all his good work, messed up massively in the summer and Roy has so far bailed him out. But if we don't back Roy well this month, this place will go into meltdown.
Agree with most of that but, pedantically, we actually signed 2 permanent and 2 loans in the summer.

There is also differing versions as to where the blame lies with that (i.e. it is claimed by some that FdB was not signing off on players offered to him). However, as with any orgnaisation, the buck stops at the top so SP must accept ultimate responsibility for failures in the summer window.

However, we are 8 days into this window so, regardless of past history, we need to remain a little patient and accept that very few deals have been done so far. We are also dealing with a moving target insomuch as we suddenly have new areas of the squad to patch up and we need to ensure that transfers from this point onwards are correct rather than rushed. Rushed transfers is one of the reasons we've got a squad of 24 but only around 14 good enough to play at PL level.

I'd rather we got 2 excellent players this window that we need than 5 bang average ones. I also think that we've been in tense situations before and quite often Parish has managed to hold his nerve well enough when everyone else is losing their shit. Yes, once or twice it appears to have cost us, but there have been several times where holding nerve was, retrospectively, effective.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:48 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last night showed we are short on squad strength, but for the immediate situation to get us through any possible relegation problems i would say the need is for FOUR players.
Firstly a Keeper and the Spanish guy sounds as though he could fit the bill at a very sensible fee.
Next a Centre Back especially as Dann with the seriousness of his injury and age could be out for a very long time, so it may make sense to look at a quality replacement and i would go for Smalling with his experience would be excellent alongside Sakho in time, and if we play a well balanced Back Three it could be Tomkins-Smalling-Sakho.
Next a Central Midfielder with energy and a "bite" to add in the central area as unfortunately Cabaye is starting to show his age, i feel either Harry Arter or Ward-Prowse would add real quality to that area.
Finally Two Strikers, currently CB is so badly out of goalscoring touch that we cant rely on him for the goals needed, and as for Wickham who knows as to when he will be back to match fitness let alone sharpness, so TWO new strikers is a must which will still only leave us with just Four strikers. Who would i have? One must be a proven goalscorer and someone that could play in a "Two" upfront that for me is Andre Gray, and the other is someone that Roy and club seem to like that's Niasse, not necessarily my choice.
Ok this little lot may cost us in excess of 50m, but survival in the lucrative premiership this season along with the New Stand construction in the not too distant future, must mean it is crucial we stay up, but also build for next season and beyond and without the constant worry of struggling season after season to stay up.
So spending in this window wisely could ensure that, but also possibly we DON'T need to then spend much in the summer, simply moving on players out of contract and replacing with squad players that will be readily available cheaply.
This is only a question of spending now when the need and time suits the circumstances we are currently in to benefit Palace when it is needed most.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:49 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
It's not the Palace way. The Palace way is to wait and wait until somebody falls in your lap
The Palace way is actually to wait until the last minute and then notice that no-one has fallen into your lap.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:52 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This period is all about Agents trying to play clubs off against each other to get the best deal for the player.

I can't see us doing much business until later in the window. Just the way it works and unless you overpay like Liverpool or Barcelona not much gets done early.

We are likely to have a long list of targets just need to be patient.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:55 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Last night showed we are short on squad strength, but for the immediate situation to get us through any possible relegation problems i would say the need is for FOUR players.
Firstly a Keeper and the Spanish guy sounds as though he could fit the bill at a very sensible fee.
Next a Centre Back especially as Dann with the seriousness of his injury and age could be out for a very long time, so it may make sense to look at a quality replacement and i would go for Smalling with his experience would be excellent alongside Sakho in time, and if we play a well balanced Back Three it could be Tomkins-Smalling-Sakho.
Next a Central Midfielder with energy and a "bite" to add in the central area as unfortunately Cabaye is starting to show his age, i feel either Harry Arter or Ward-Prowse would add real quality to that area.
Finally Two Strikers, currently CB is so badly out of goalscoring touch that we cant rely on him for the goals needed, and as for Wickham who knows as to when he will be back to match fitness let alone sharpness, so TWO new strikers is a must which will still only leave us with just Four strikers. Who would i have? One must be a proven goalscorer and someone that could play in a "Two" upfront that for me is Andre Gray, and the other is someone that Roy and club seem to like that's Niasse, not necessarily my choice.
Ok this little lot may cost us in excess of 50m, but survival in the lucrative premiership this season along with the New Stand construction in the not too distant future, must mean it is crucial we stay up, but also build for next season and beyond and without the constant worry of struggling season after season to stay up.
So spending in this window wisely could ensure that, but also possibly we DON'T need to then spend much in the summer, simply moving on players out of contract and replacing with squad players that will be readily available cheaply.
This is only a question of spending now when the need and time suits the circumstances we are currently in to benefit Palace when it is needed most.
New Keeper, Smalling, Ward Prowse, Gray and Niasse would cost closer to £80-£100m when factoring in wages, though i completely agree, good investment now not only would keep us up but give us a stable settled squad without the need for 5 players in the summer.

New Keeper

TFM
Sakho
Smalling
PVA

Luka
Ward Prowse
RLC

Wilf
Sako
Benteke

Bench:
Speroni, Tomkins, Schlupp, Townsend, Gray, Niasse, Cabaye/McArthur

Is a serious squad. Doesnt even include Hennessey, Ward, Wickham, Dann, Puncheon, Ridewald, Kelly.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:00 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
All good suggestions but your probably spending £70m-£80m there and £350k a week. I think the keeper is realistic and then we will probably do a foreign loan and one £10m+ transfer.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:21 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
smalling over tomkins?!?! jesus
Old 09-01-2018, 04:01 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Skeptical the management and owners have the ability to accomplish what is needed in this window
Old 09-01-2018, 04:05 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
This period is all about Agents trying to play clubs off against each other to get the best deal for the player.

I can't see us doing much business until later in the window. Just the way it works and unless you overpay like Liverpool or Barcelona not much gets done early.

We are likely to have a long list of targets just need to be patient.
This ^

Amazing how many people still don’t get this.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why do people keep saying ‘last night proved we need to strengthen the squad’?

Last night proved nowt

We’ve known that for 2 years. MINIMUM
Old 09-01-2018, 04:27 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
Skeptical the management and owners have the ability to accomplish what is needed in this window
When shit hits the fan we get to work. We signed 3 in a day in our promotion season, we signed about 28 on deadline day in our first season back and we were the top spenders this time last year. Admittedly last summer was a cluster**** and only an idiot would repeat that again.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Stoke just signed Moritz Bauer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 09-01-2018, 04:39 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Stoke just signed Moritz Bauer.
Should have gone for Jack.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:28 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Should have gone for Jack.
Jack Bauer? Never heard of him.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:00 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I see a poll. whats the question?
Old 09-01-2018, 07:07 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
What is needed in this window, and to what end? If it is needed (as opposed to wished for) why would the owners not accomplish this?
Old 09-01-2018, 07:47 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
9 days in and not even a nibble to talk about...it is going to be a long month.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:22 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
You having a laugh. Star of 24 aka Kiefer Sutherland. Never went to bed, worked 24 hours a day. With his stamina would be great in midfield!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:23 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
That's how he likes it. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:35 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s not up to the management is it .