Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 14-05-2018, 06:25 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
One thing that's for sure, we're definitely a much more temping prospect for any potential striker we could be looking at. Yesterday for example, there was plenty created for one definite winger and one winger come cf - if said striker watched that game, I reckon they'd look at the three for Wilf, and the other that Townsend had and think they could put them away.

Still amazes me how well we did with two wingers for centre forwards.

(poorly written, but you get my gist)
Old 14-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy & Dougie at Fulham v Derby tonight
Old 14-05-2018, 07:47 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post

Yesterday Roy sounded like he was turning his attention to next season and hes on it already, hes not messing around is he.
Old 14-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
One thing that's for sure, we're definitely a much more temping prospect for any potential striker we could be looking at. Yesterday for example, there was plenty created for one definite winger and one winger come cf - if said striker watched that game, I reckon they'd look at the three for Wilf, and the other that Townsend had and think they could put them away.

Still amazes me how well we did with two wingers for centre forwards.

(poorly written, but you get my gist)
It's a fair comment. I would hope that the likes of Vardy and Rodriguez were jealous at the opportunities created.
Old 14-05-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Unfortunately Fulham will probably go up, they have some decent players.

Jaspercpfc is a bellend
Old 14-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mitrovic has been class, immense at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play. Shame his shooting hasn't been great
Old 23-05-2018, 09:29 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
If Cabaye is off, it complicates this window even more. Others don't have the scope that he does, almost like losing two players if you catch my drift. This leaves us with a midfield of Luka, McArthur and Reidewald - I can't see Puncheon returning a particularly effective player, especially the way that Hodgson sets the team up with fast effective passing. As for Mutch...

From those we've been linked with, I think the most balanced and affordable would be...

Amadou, Dendoncker, Maddison, Bamba and Fredericks.

I'd like...

Amadou, Dendoncker, Maddison, Bamba, Toure (with Mitrovic replacing Benteke if he goes and Mawson in if Dann goes) Shurrle seems like it could be that big signing that's maybe too expensive in a window that requires so much doing and I just can't see Chelsea letting Loftus-Cheek go. Who knows what our budget is anyway?

I've completely confuddled myself and already regret writing such bollocks, but I've written it now, so I'll be damned if it's not getting posted.
Old 24-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Registered Confused.

Brod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
If Cabaye is off, it complicates this window even more. Others don't have the scope that he does, almost like losing two players if you catch my drift. This leaves us with a midfield of Luka, McArthur and Reidewald - I can't see Puncheon returning a particularly effective player, especially the way that Hodgson sets the team up with fast effective passing. As for Mutch...

From those we've been linked with, I think the most balanced and affordable would be...

I'd like...

Amadou, Dendoncker, Maddison, Bamba, Toure (with Mitrovic replacing Benteke if he goes and Mawson in if Dann goes) Shurrle seems like it could be that big signing that's maybe too expensive in a window that requires so much doing and I just can't see Chelsea letting Loftus-Cheek go. Who knows what our budget is anyway?

I've completely confuddled myself and already regret writing such bollocks, but I've written it now, so I'll be damned if it's not getting posted.

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
Old 24-05-2018, 06:20 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lol that how I feel on a lot of my posts and then mostly end up deleting them usually because I can't be arsed with an argument lol
Old 24-05-2018, 06:55 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'd like...

I actually thought that was a pretty well thought out post. We might end up with 4 or 5 players that are potentially underwhelming for some on here but it wasnt that long ago we signed Kebe, Fryers etc. Knowing Steve Parish hes already realised that having great intel in the transfer market is essential so I expect that side of the club to gradually improve (although nobody could argue the January window wasnt poor).
Old 24-05-2018, 11:50 PM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
lots of interesting ideas and suggestions on here but rather than speculating on various players at the start of the silly season; who are all being linked with the usual suspects (west ham/Southampton/newcastle etc); it would seem a lot of players being regurgitated by the press maybe a product of lazy journalism and agents favours, we can all see which players contracts have ended both in the premier league and in overseas and its not rocket science to speculate on who out of the relegated and not promoted teams would be of interest to other clubs - so can i suggest the club are maybe taking a slightly different approach ?

first - establish who we a) want to retain b) wants to stay...?

we have several players who have played for the 1st team this season who's contracts are up: (the highest profile ones being Cabaye, Ward, Hennessey, Sako and Lee), we also have to entertain the prospect that other clubs will come and and attempt to sign players that we don't wish to loose - we can speculate but only an obvious few know which ones will come out of this process...

what i do think is important is that we establish what we've got before we then move into phase two which is to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the squad against the way in which Roy envisages how we are going to play and ergo the requirements...

the key duty therefore of the Parish/Freedman combo is to complete these negotiations quickly, otherwise we fall back into the same pattern that we have experienced over the last 5 years of either having to sometimes pay exorbitant prices or last minute desperate deals to satisfy fans/manager - this IMO is the true litmus test on whether Steve truly has learnt his lesson and if Freedman is effective in his director of football role - Roy has already gone on record at the end of the season saying that he wanted to retain the kernel of the team that finished so well, my trauma would only come if we are still talking about Cabaye/ward & co going or staying for weeks to come - i appreciate that things can change very quickly with so much money swilling around at this end of the football trough but it would be naive to not at least have this established ?

last point, once we do get our shopping basket out - lets look up rather than down or sideways; the lesson we have learned from the loanees is that clubs in that top 8 have players who are and or will become surplus to requirements, particularly as they look to upgrade this summer (especially post/during the world cup), in their pursuit or Man city and champions league riches; IMO once we establish our needs, lets get in early on players in these teams; they can all only announce a squad of 25; which will leave some very talented, often proven premier league players cutting oranges for half time, i would hope that the vision that Steve and Roy could portray might encourage one or two of them to look at Palace as an outside chance of top 10 football next season, with a vociferous and loyal fan base, a London location and ambitions to increase/expand the stadium (and a reputation of being very good payers) - capped with this the positive experience both loan players will have had from their time with us; and Roys connections (via England and working abroad) with most of the high profile clubs - lets hope we see some real quality coming to SE25 and break the sound barrier - like we did when we signed Cabaye who was the catalyst for a lot that came after...
Old 25-05-2018, 08:06 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
So reading between the lines Roy is gonna look to persist with the favoured 442 with the variation of a 433 from time to time. It's nice to have a manager with some tactical flexibility.

Dawson or Goldson.
Fredericks
Dendoncker
RLC
Adegbenro
Mitrovic/Dembele
Solanke (Loan)

You're probably talking upwards of 60M at least which I can't realistically see us spending. If we loaned RLC for another season it's probably possible. I just think this is the kind of surgery we need to have a proper competitive squad.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 25-05-2018, 09:21 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
So reading between the lines Roy is gonna look to persist with the favoured 442 with the variation of a 433 from time to time. It's nice to have a manager with some tactical flexibility.

Dawson or Goldson.
Fredericks
Dendoncker
RLC
Adegbenro
Mitrovic/Dembele
Solanke (Loan)

You're probably talking upwards of 60M at least which I can't realistically see us spending. If we loaned RLC for another season it's probably possible. I just think this is the kind of surgery we need to have a proper competitive squad.
The Adegbenro who has scored 3 times in 12 appearsnces for Rosenberg? No thanks.

Why do you keep mentioning him?

Last edited by Jordan555x; 25-05-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 25-05-2018, 09:30 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
The Adegbenro who has scored 3 times in 12 appearsnces for Rosenberg? No thanks.

Why do you keep mentioning him?
A 1 in 4 strike rate for a winger, by your reckoning at the same age you'd of not fancied Zaha based on that statistic. He's been injured recently, but I watched the Rosenborg Ajax Europa league game and he tore Ajax to shreds. Has that raw directness that us Palace fans love and at an age where he'll develop.

I know for a fact he's been watched by somebody at the club previously.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 27-05-2018, 12:32 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
A 1 in 4 strike rate for a winger, by your reckoning at the same age you'd of not fancied Zaha based on that statistic. He's been injured recently, but I watched the Rosenborg Ajax Europa league game and he tore Ajax to shreds. Has that raw directness that us Palace fans love and at an age where he'll develop.

I know for a fact he's been watched by somebody at the club previously.
Comparing him to Zaha is ludicrous! Zaha was something special and everyone knew he was going on to be a quality player. His end product was a work in progress but his ability on the ball had the world keeping tabs.

If Adegbenro was any good he would score more in that tinpot league..
Old 27-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Comparing him to Zaha is ludicrous! Zaha was something special and everyone knew he was going on to be a quality player. His end product was a work in progress but his ability on the ball had the world keeping tabs.

If Adegbenro was any good he would score more in that tinpot league..

I'm merely comparing the statistic you pointed out which seems to have clouded your overall judgement of the player.

People could have said the same about Zaha playing in the second tier in that he wasn't scoring enough goals but we knew the quality he possessed.

No player is the finished article at 22 years of age. He has the raw talent and has done it against Ajax who were the Europa League runners up not so long ago.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 27-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I'm merely comparing the statistic you pointed out which seems to have clouded your overall judgement of the player.

People could have said the same about Zaha playing in the second tier in that he wasn't scoring enough goals but we knew the quality he possessed.

No player is the finished article at 22 years of age. He has the raw talent and has done it against Ajax who were the Europa League runners up not so long ago.
Championship is a hard league to play in. Ask the teams who have gone down and tried to get promoted again. Some teams like Leeds, Bolton, Blackburn, Pompey and Charlton have not been seen since. Certainly much more competitive and difficult league than the Norwegian league! Wilf would've been that league's best player by an absolute country mile even back then!

Bendtner is scoring for fun there right now and he got send on his way by Nottingham Forest for simply not scoring enough!

Last edited by Jordan555x; 27-05-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 27-05-2018, 02:43 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
So it seems we will be losing both Ward and Cabaye, and with RLC and Tofu Mensa loan's coming to an end. We are going to have to be pretty active in the market
Old 27-05-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Championship is a hard league to play in. Ask the teams who have gone down and tried to get promoted again. Some teams like Leeds, Bolton, Blackburn, Pompey and Charlton have not been seen since. Certainly much more competitive and difficult league than the Norwegian league! Wilf would've been that league's best player by an absolute country mile even back then!

Bendtner is scoring for fun there right now and he got send on his way by Nottingham Forest for simply not scoring enough!
It's silly to use those clubs as a marker for how difficult the championship is. All of them would have naturally lost key players following relegation. It's competitive without a doubt, but in terms of quality it's still not brilliant.

To be honest the debate shouldn't be about the quality of the division but the quality of the individual. He's 22 years of age, he was brought over from Nigeria and he's used the platform to excel and get the move from Viking to the biggest club in Norway.

To even compare him with Zaha is harsh because of the player Zaha is today is clear to see, he's not far off being one of the best wingers in the premier league.

Benficas recruitment has come from Croatia, Serbia and Greece. Levels I'm sure you'd have a snobbery approach towards yet they're producing top quality players that the top European clubs eventually come and sniff around.

If the club have had representatives watching him previously that's enough to me to suggest he's been catching some people's eyes.

I just think with the squad needing so much surgery we need to start finding value in the European market when we can.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 27-05-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
It's silly to use those clubs as a marker for how difficult the championship is. All of them would have naturally lost key players following relegation. It's competitive without a doubt, but in terms of quality it's still not brilliant.

To be honest the debate shouldn't be about the quality of the division but the quality of the individual. He's 22 years of age, he was brought over from Nigeria and he's used the platform to excel and get the move from Viking to the biggest club in Norway.

To even compare him with Zaha is harsh because of the player Zaha is today is clear to see, he's not far off being one of the best wingers in the premier league.

Benficas recruitment has come from Croatia, Serbia and Greece. Levels I'm sure you'd have a snobbery approach towards yet they're producing top quality players that the top European clubs eventually come and sniff around.

If the club have had representatives watching him previously that's enough to me to suggest he's been catching some people's eyes.

I just think with the squad needing so much surgery we need to start finding value in the European market when we can.
The last decent player to come out of the Norwegian league was Odegaard, they aren't exactly famous for producing good players. Croatian, Serbia and Greece leagues have produced good talents easily Premier League level players some world class especially in Modric