Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Well the worlds gone mad and I suppose supporters don't help . If we all stopped subscribing to sky then maybe it would be a wake up call for clubs to get back to reality . Much as I love watching Palace and Football , the money players get is obscene . Nurses , social workers , carers etc get less in a year than most footballers get in a week ( in a day in some cases ) .
For the record I don't think we should be paying Benteke Cabaye , Townsend , etc anywhere near their reported salaries
Well yes, agreed - but comparing footballers to Nurses, etc is never a fair comparison.

Football for me really showed it was ****ed when Man Utd paid £90mil for a player they let go for less than £1mil a few years previously.

It is mad the money being thrown about - but our club is part of that world, & sadly we have to pay the going rate - whether we agree with it or not.

I mean, we live in a world where Jordon Mutch is worth several million pounds...how does that make any sense?!
Old 09-01-2017, 12:29 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
A 24 year old, International with Prem experience. What do people think £10mil gets them these days? Not much! People are talking like it's 2004.
I'd hope more than a guy that gets on average 3 goals and 2 assists per season
Old 09-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Over the years I have come to hate the transfer window period. The obscene spiral of fees and wages has reinforced that. I really don't understand how clubs can square the circle of these costs and the current constraints re finances. Equally I don't understand how investors in 'smaller clubs' realise the gains they expected as those costs spiral and they can't sustain Premiership status. Feels more and more like a train wreck ahead of us.

Anywho (sic) - if we want Brady available so we can move to the next target then we will need to stump up the rest and get to circa 12m for him. Seems bizarre and I am not sure he is right at that price but I don't think there is any cheaper alternative other than a 'bit of a flyer from abroad'. He is at a good age for a 5 year deal and with the spiral, any price should be covered with a sale.

Equally we can't afford to sell cheap because of these costs and yet we can't afford not to sell. This Chairman job is nowhere as easy as many in here think!

I have stopped trying to guess our path and have set expectations low for now.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
I'd hope more than a guy that gets on average 3 goals and 2 assists per season
Prior to this season, so called experts used to throw stats like that at Wilf. We know that he brought far more to the table than that though. Maybe Brady does too?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:35 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
The two key things here is his ability and his age.

When was the last time we had a left winger with a real wand of a left foot? In Brady you have a player who will develop and stick in the squad regardless of our position come May.

Clinton Morrison

Last edited by CharlieCPFC; 09-01-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:37 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Parish doing a Boolean search for a defender online:

African AND defender AND cheap AND "bad driver"

Just pay the £12m FFS and be done with it.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:38 PM

ChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For me its a no brainer investment. Pay the fee.

If we were to go down, he is the sort of player you can cash in on for lower end clubs for the price we pay for him now.

If we stay up, hopefully he progresses to become a great LB or LM and covers positions in the squad.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:39 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Bleacher Report site claimed on Monday morning the Eagles had stepped up their interest in signing the Republic of Ireland international but Norwich have knocked back an eight-figure bid.

City chief Alex Neil made it clear after the Canaries’ FA Cup third round draw against Southampton on Saturday reports of a £7m move from Sam Allarydce’s club was wide of the mark.

“Not true. No bids at all. He won’t go if we don’t get a bid we feel reflects his value,” said Neil. “If a club is going to contact us they will and ask, ‘How much is Robbie Brady going to cost? Here is our offer’. We haven’t had any contact from clubs offering us money for Robbie Brady. An enquiry would be an offer. If a club asks what we want the message will be, ‘Give us your best offer’.

The Eagles have competition from Leicester, Burnley, Swansea and Championship duo Newcastle United and Aston Villa, who came down from the top flight last May along with Norwich. The Canaries need to generate funds to bring in fresh blood to revive their own Championship promotion hopes.

City have lowered the asking price from the summer, which ensured Brady remained at Carrow Road after his impressive displays for the Republic of Ireland at Euro2016, but the Dubliner’s former club Hull is reportedly due a 25pc sell-on fee as part of the original deal that brought him to Norfolk in 2015.

Brady signed a three-year deal, with an additional one year option, when he moved from the relegated Tigers but the versatile left-sided player is currently serving a three-match ban for his red card at Brentford on New Year’s Eve.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:44 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
I think a lot of us need to rebase our valuations. We are in a world where Sissoko went for £30m and championship teams regularly spend over £10m on a player. I can see why Norwich are looking for more. It makes having a good scouting network all the more important, I'm sure there are some top players in the German and French leagues for that sort of money.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:47 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
A 24 year old, International with Prem experience. What do people think £10mil gets them these days? Not much! People are talking like it's 2004.
Fair point... I suppose in % terms it's about right but still don't sit right
Old 09-01-2017, 12:54 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Sadly in today's Market, 12 Million is about right.

Even sadder is it will not leave much left in the kitty.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Fair point... I suppose in % terms it's about right but still don't sit right
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure if the tables were turned & we had a player like Brady, we'd want the club to hold out for more than £10mil when you consider the money other players are going for.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Get him in now, we can get points from January's games and he won't be cheaper at the end of Jan.
We can't go on with this fiasco at LB.
We also need cover for LB but that can be cheaper or possibly from a left sided midfielder.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
If only we hadn't wasted money on Townsend.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:04 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Now interest in Stuart downing
Old 09-01-2017, 01:08 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Although there could be better out there. Being January think we should do it. He has a determined character, which makes me think he can come in and adapt quicker than say a young french left back will. I do remember seeing him play left WING back for Hull against us at Selhurst and he did well. Hope Delaney stays in plays centre/left to guide put his arm around him being irish and that!
Old 09-01-2017, 01:08 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure if the tables were turned & we had a player like Brady, we'd want the club to hold out for more than £10mil when you consider the money other players are going for.
Yeah that's because we are fickle bastards
Old 09-01-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
Now interest in Stuart downing
Hope not he's shit
Old 09-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Get him in now, we can get points from January's games and he won't be cheaper at the end of Jan.
We can't go on with this fiasco at LB.
We also need cover for LB but that can be cheaper or possibly from a left sided midfielder.
He's not really a left back, that's the thing.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:11 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Hope not he's shit

On loan