Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:28 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed, Georgia World Congress Center authority Frank Pope and CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb were also in attendance.QUOTE:

This is the same Jeffrey Webb who was today extradited back to the States to face charges connected to corruption in F.I.F.A. Once back on American soil expect him to sing like a canary. Wonder how much Atlanta officials stuck in his back pocket in order to get the MLS place?
Old 11-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Quote:
Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed, Georgia World Congress Center authority Frank Pope and CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb were also in attendance.QUOTE:

This is the same Jeffrey Webb who was today extradited back to the States to face charges connected to corruption in F.I.F.A. Once back on American soil expect him to sing like a canary. Wonder how much Atlanta officials stuck in his back pocket in order to get the MLS place?
Huh, CONCACAF has nothing to do with MLS. That original quote about Webb is from last year. Arthur Blank paid a $70 million expansion fee to the MLS.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Atlanta United... Well that was a let down name.

So many newish teams in the MLS these days I can't keep up.

Bring back NY/NJ Metrostars vs Tampa Bay Mutiny.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:43 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Well, they're calling me to buy season tickets. Me and my buddy are gonna splurge on the cheapest ones:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-03-2016, 05:31 AM
Thread Killer

bern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowbern5161 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Lol. Such a cheap looking and unuser friendly website. They'll need to up their their game to match cpfc.co.uk ��
Old 11-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I saw there's another new team been named recently but I can't remember who now.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The whole franchise system is a **** up. It's constantly suffering with breakaway leagues and reorganisation. This is what a closed shop without relegation brings, you end up with competing franchise leagues where the tiers aren't teirs at all. They absolutely should bring in relegation because soccer in the USA will become gigantic, there will be loads of big clubs - isn't the best and most successful getting to the top meant to be what they believe in or what?
Old 06-03-2017, 05:38 AM
Panty Organizer

Since Jaserob already pimped his Minnesota team's first game, I figured I'd do the same for my Atlanta team's first game. Unfortunately, we had the same result a 2-1 loss to NY Red Bulls. They started out nervous but looked better for the next 60 minutes but ran out of gas at the end. They play a similar style to Ecuador under Gerardo Martino minus the killer crosses of Montero. They sold 30,000 season tickets and 55,000 turned up for the first match, which they played at Georgia Tech's football stadium until the new Falcons/AUFC stadium is finished in July. Hopefully.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:51 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Love the fact that the MLS is back. Gives me something to watch and bet on when the missus goes to bed.

Great crowd for Atlanta, will keep an eye out for them.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
MLS is boring boring boring. No atmosphere. Maybe when they get enough teams to have promo and relegation, they'll wake up to passion. Americans are more interested in stats than anything else

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Since Jaserob already pimped his Minnesota team's first game, I figured I'd do the same for my Atlanta team's first game. Unfortunately, we had the same result a 2-1 loss to NY Red Bulls. They started out nervous but looked better for the next 60 minutes but ran out of gas at the end. They play a similar style to Ecuador under Gerardo Martino minus the killer crosses of Montero. They sold 30,000 season tickets and 55,000 turned up for the first match, which they played at Georgia Tech's football stadium until the new Falcons/AUFC stadium is finished in July. Hopefully.

Come on Funk, it's just another team in Atlanta for you to dispair over
Old 06-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
MLS is boring boring boring. No atmosphere. Maybe when they get enough teams to have promo and relegation, they'll wake up to passion. Americans are more interested in stats than anything else
You probably watch more MLS than I do, but I like the little I have seen

As a matter of interest how does the 2nd tier NASL and third tier USL match up to English football? We have a few Jamaican bredren playing at various levels in the US
Old 08-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Come on Funk, it's just another team in Atlanta for you to dispair over
Heartbreak is in our DNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
As a matter of interest how does the 2nd tier NASL and third tier USL match up to English football? We have a few Jamaican bredren playing at various levels in the US
Actually, the USL is the second tier now and the NASL is almost like a rogue league at this point. I'm not sure which level in England to compare the USL with, a lot of MLS teams have reserve teams in the league while others have affiliated teams in the league. I would guess they are around a League 2 level. Joe Cole played in the NASL last season. (Not sure if he's back this season but Tampa moved from the NASL to the USL)

Also, had to mention this:

Quote:

The largest soccer crowds in the world last weekend:

1. 79,100 Borussia Dortmund-Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)
2. 77,117 Barcelona-Celta Vigo (Spain)
3. 75,245 Manchester United-Bournemouth (England)
4. 55,297 Atlanta United-NY Red Bulls (U.S., MLS)
5. 54,014 Borussia Moenchengladbach-Schalke 04 (Germany)
6. 53,146 Liverpool-Arsenal (England)
7. 51,500 Eintracht Frankfurt-Freiburg (Germany)
8. 50,000 FC Cologne-Bayern Munich (Germany)
Old 14-03-2017, 12:15 AM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You can stay a lot about MLS and i've said many things about the overly direct style of play. However, the atmosphere in many of the grounds is outstanding-- probably as good as any premier league ground save Selhurst.

On holiday I went to a match in Portland and their supporters end stood and sang for 90 minutes straight in a match their club was squarely defeated in.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:11 AM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Don't relegation will ever happen in the states. The problem is that most US grounds arent owned by the club but rather by the city. And the city would never build a ground without a guarantee of someone to pay a 20 year lease.
Old 19-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Panty Organizer

Just got home from watching Atlanta put the boots to Chicago. It was another sellout, but only 45,000 this time. (They are limiting tickets for some reason at the temporary stadium) Atlanta had 75 minutes worth of possession, Chicago getting an early red card helped. But so did Chicago tiring themselves out chasing Josef Martinez all over the field. Atlanta better make that loan deal permanent in a hurry. Five goals in 3 games already.

Old 19-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Blimey Funk, you love your sport in Atlanta. Great crowds.
Old 19-03-2017, 01:26 AM
Woody McWoodface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Fantastic support! With 10+ top teams within 15 or so miles of Palace, people over here might not realise that many MLS fans travel 4 or 5 hours to see their 'local' team in the US!!!
Old 19-03-2017, 01:46 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Blimey Funk, you love your sport in Atlanta. Great crowds.
It's funny, people say Atlanta is a bad sports town.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Funk Butter; 19-03-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Old 25-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Panty Organizer

Had a match versus Colorado last night, who featured none other than the mighty Kevin Doyle. He played all 90 minutes but I'll be damned if I remember him do anything. The whole Colorado team was jammed up in the midfield playing for the draw, but Martinez was able to break them and Tim Howard. Another sellout last night, Atlanta leads the league with a 46,000 average attendance for their 7 matches.