Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-05-2018, 10:12 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Though I understand why it is getting some media attention, the fact it is headline news on Sky is staggering.

Still think he has not engaged his brain properly by getting it done, but at the end of the day his explanation as to why he has, should surely end any claim that he is glamourising gun crime.

The ills of having to fill in the blanks of 24 news coverage when it is done by an organisation that takes a tabloid approach to doing it. There is enough news out there that is of greater importance for this to merit anything more than a brief mention, and even then it should disappear by this afternoon. Somehow cannot see that happening.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
Shouldn't even be news. He can do whatever he likes. If that's his rationale, so be it. They can be against it, but demanding he's dropped from the side.. pff. Who really cares.
Nothing else needs to be said.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
This made me laugh.

She told The Sun: "We demand he has the tattoo lasered off or covered up with a different tattoo.

"If he refuses he should be dropped from the England team.

"He's supposed to be a role model but chooses to glamorise guns."

We demand

**** off.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:22 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
There is no doubt there is, and has been for a long time, a media agenda against Sterling.

When I say media it is the Sun that really has set and led this agenda. To be frank it is not creepy it's disgusting.

How about the perpetually farting, tax avoiding, serially divorced, spreader of lies Murdoch being a target for once. That man has done so much damage to the world. He is a genius, but sadly his genius is in knowing how to appeal to the worst of us. He is forever seeking out the lowest common human prejudice denominator and then hitting the spot.

Successful young black man who has the temerity to manage his career for the best personal outcome is one of those spots.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:25 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Honestly I would never have noticed, footballers are full of tattoos they are a blur.

Particularly the ones behind a sock.

I doubt many others would have noticed either, and if they had would of thought nothing of it.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Just following the Sun's thought through a little, knife crime is now on the up and so does that mean that anyone with a dagger tattoo should be having it removed? That's a whole new industry right there. Then there is the film industry, Secret agents should be depicted battering each other with Marigolds (the flower or the rubber gloves, either works). It's all getting a bit silly isn't it?

I have to admit I must be out of step on this because I still don't understand why kids aren't allowed to have toy guns (in the UK). This started around 30 or so years ago and I have never understood it. The 'experiment' certainly hasn't worked has it with more gun crime and now knife crime than ever. We all had oodles of toy guns as kids and it's not playing cowboys as a kid that makes a murderer. In the US I would understand it a little more but that's only because there are so many real guns around that they might be mistaken for a real one and be shot by police etc. not as a deterrent. As I say, I am out of step on this I know and I am digressing oops.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:31 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Nothing to see here. His leg, his choice, his life.

Shockingly poor tattoo, but if it floats his boat, then good luck to him.

Martin H - I agree regarding the toy guns. Take something away and people will only want them more. Toy guns don't kill people, its the ability to source real ones which do the damage.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I think the media obsession with Sterling is all due to the rumours about his sexuality. They all want to be the first to load that up on their front pages. Like anyone gives a shit
Old 29-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
Nothing to see here. His leg, his choice, his life.

Shockingly poor tattoo, but if it floats his boat, then good luck to him.
But he's a role model.

Or so I heard on two different pieces on the radio. Utter bollocks of course.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:35 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I think the media obsession with Sterling is all due to the rumours about his sexuality. They all want to be the first to load that up on their front pages. Like anyone gives a shit
Forget the rumours about his sexuality, I'm just waiting for Phillip 'Mr' Drummond to be revealed as his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
But he's a role model.

Or so I heard on two different pieces on the radio. Utter bollocks of course.
Who gets to define what a role model actually is?
Old 29-05-2018, 10:42 AM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Why does it really bother people? How sad
Old 29-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
...Who gets to define what a role model actually is?
Well, quite (and ignores the evidence that people immediately around a young person has the most impact on their lives)
Old 29-05-2018, 10:44 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speron1 View Post
Enlightening thread here on the times Sterling's been targeted by the tabloids for incredibly innocuous things:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Grim. The Sun and the like are vehicle for harrassment. They single him out. And I think because he is black - and a showy black man according to them. They don't like that.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:45 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The reason papers like the Sun write this rubbish is because it is guaranteed people will bite. Bet they are racking it in with Advertisement money today from their site.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:50 AM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was his father murdered using an M-16 then?
Old 29-05-2018, 10:53 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
I find it all pretty depressing really. The shit that people talk on a regular basis, the hypocrisy, the speculation and sensationalism. The people like Piers Morgan who is making a living out of hate and bullshit and the people that swallow it.

Leave the poor fella alone, we only get to do this once, why can’t we be a bit nicer and understanding. Ffs.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
British press starts targeting England squad (and often management too) in build up to World Cup / Euro shocker.
Sun bigs up footballers (and often management too) onto a pedestal, then slowly and remorselessly chips away until they fall apart - then that in itself becomes a whole new storyline. (Think Best, Gascoigne, Sven, Hoddle et al) shocker
Harry Kane has a tattoo of a strawberry on his butt cheek after his father was attacked by a man bearing soft fruit. Sun goes into meltdown.
Old 29-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
I find it all pretty depressing really. The shit that people talk on a regular basis, the hypocrisy, the speculation and sensationalism. The people like Piers Morgan who is making a living out of hate and bullshit and the people that swallow it.

Leave the poor fella alone, we only get to do this once, why canít we be a bit nicer and understanding. Ffs.
Spot on mate. In general people are pretty horrible to each other these days - Well in the media and via the internet anyway.
Old 29-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
When we get knocked out of every tournament the media conduct a month long investigation into why we failed. Putting pictures of players on holiday to make out they don't care because how dare they have holidays with their families.

They are the single biggest oroblem , vultures why would any national paper want to harm our chances? Scum.
Bit like Palace fans putting pics up of our players and chairman on holiday and being outraged?
Old 29-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Does anyone really consider a footballer to be a role model?