Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Bournemouth (away)

--------------------------Hennessey------------------------------
AWB-----------Tomkins-------------Sakho----------------PVA
Andros--------Milivojevic------------Meyer------------McArthur
----------------Benteke--------------Zaha-----------------------

Subs:

Guaita
Schlupp
Ward
Kelly/Dann
Kouyate
Ayew
Sorloth/Wickham

1. That is the best XI until/if Wickham is ever fit.
2. If it is 4-3-3 it is not a massive issue, however...
3. I would prefer we line-up 4-4-2 because I prefer Zaha to be more influential by picking the ball up in the centre of the pitch rather than out wide where he is no danger unless he scores a worldie like at Huddersfield. He can still drift wide from the centre, but he's not as effective on the wing all the time. Too predictable.
4. By playing 4-4-2 we could potentially bring on Ayew to replace McArthur wide left if we need more creativity from the midfield. He has played there before.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For once, I agree. Whether it’s 442 or 433. This is the best 11.
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Same team bar Meyer for Kouyate.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Guiata

Awb Tomkins sakho pva

Luka

Meyer MacArthur

Townsend Benteke Zaha

Subs
Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Kouyate
Ayew
Schlupp
Sorloth
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looking forward to this game. Bournemouth’s way of playing suits us I feel and as a result I think he’ll stick with Ayew up front. It’s just a case of whether he will be ballsy enough to go with Meyer in the middle or if he will shore things up with Kouyate. Go with Meyer from the start and we will have a great chance to pick Bournemouth off, go with Kouyate and it will be a different game.
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Guiata

Awb Tomkins sakho pva

Luka

Meyer MacArthur

Townsend Benteke Zaha

Subs
Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Kouyate
Ayew
Schlupp
Sorloth
Yep, that's the 4-3-3. Pretty good that we can change formation with the same personnel so effortlessly. When one system isn't working we have the other one up our sleeve.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Wickham our saviour LOL
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Guiata

Awb Tomkins sakho pva

Luka

Meyer MacArthur

Townsend Benteke Zaha

Subs
Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Kouyate
Ayew
Schlupp
Sorloth
I think if we start Meyer, Kouyate is the better partner.
433 is the way to go forward.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There was little point in having Ayew on the pitch yesterday. We just weren't able to get the ball up to him. If Benteke is fit I would suggest he replaces Ayew. If he is not fit I would drop Ayew and bring in Meyer to play in a no 10 role with Wilf and Andros up top.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Wickham our saviour LOL

We're doomed.
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Wickham our saviour LOL
Who said that?
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

dougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedougie87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Meyer for McArthur . We need kouyates physical presence to allow Meyer to do his thing.
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Meyer for Kouyate.

Benteke for Ayew.

Only changes from Newcastle first XI.

And I have to say, pretty obvious changes needed.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Die hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is Benteke fit then?
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let’s hope so
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shouldn’t we have a thread for the West Brom game first?
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Ealing Eagle

webgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyeswebgardJR dances before me like a million eyes
WAYNE

AWB TOMKINS SAKHO PVA

KOUYATE LUKA

MEYER

TOWNSEND BENTEKE ZAHA

Subs:
Macca
Ayew
Schlupp
Ward
Kelly/Dann
Sorloth
Guaita

Last edited by webgardJR; Yesterday at 07:17 PM. Reason: Missed out goalies
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Shouldn’t we have a thread for the West Brom game first?
I think it's been forgotten. Normally we wait until we lose before doing that
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is a West Brom thread
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Hennessey
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Townsend Meyer Luka Zaha
Benteke Ayew

Up and at em 44 f**king two. Were lacking threats centrally and not using the width properly. Were two slow and pedestrian with the 433, were much better suited to moving the ball quickly.

Clinton Morrison.