Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-05-2017, 10:17 AM

Gazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appearGazzz endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Also, don't forget the combined wealth of our owners is about the 6th richest in the Premier League. Now of course, that doesn't mean they're ploughing all of that in to the club, but I'm sure they have enough money to go with the TV/prize money to be offering these mental wages.
I don't really understand why people keep mentioning the wealth of the owners. Surely we're still subject to FFP rules, so they can't just keep ploughing money in if they so desired? Or have I misunderstood FFP?
Old 18-05-2017, 10:17 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
This If he signs and continues the way he is he will be my favourite ever player - he's already on a par with Ian Wright Watching him develop has been a real pleasure and is what being a Palace fan is all about imo
Completely agree. Though...I think he's already surpassed my favourites (AJ & Jules). Like you say, he's an absolute pleasure to watch and his development over the past couple of seasons has been nothing short of incredible.
Old 18-05-2017, 10:19 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
I don't really understand why people keep mentioning the wealth of the owners. Surely we're still subject to FFP rules, so they can't just keep ploughing money in if they so desired? Or have I misunderstood FFP?
Manchester City seem to get around it.
Old 18-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Wilf is more famous than whole premiership teams

Wilfred Zaha 736k Twitter followers
Brighton And Hove Albion 128k Twitter followers
Old 18-05-2017, 10:26 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post

Crystal Palace 509k Twitter Followers
Old 18-05-2017, 10:27 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Even if they did not have FFP to worry about, the sounds have been (rightly so) that we want to largely be run sustainably.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 18-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
We can increase out total wage bill be 7 million per season if our revenue is flat. We can increase by more if our revenue grows. So if we are anticipating increased sponsorship revenue, for example, we will see a greater increase and still be within FFP
Old 18-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
But then the story last August was that Wilf wanted to double his money (earning 35k a week then) because players like Sako were earning more. If we are now saying that he was given a 25k per week increase last year and less than 9 months later we are looking to give another increase of 50k then it worries me.

We are a club that potentially were 180 minutes from the Championship. I know there is a flood of new TV money coming our way but we do need some sort of wage structure in place. The wages quoted for Sako were always a big worry that we had lost the plot.
I assume the money is banked on that if we go down, players on 100k a week or more would be sold for high fees, 20-40m each.
Old 18-05-2017, 10:28 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
yes, its why these rules were brought in (though not before several clubs benefited massively from owners chucking money away)

It why the American money will eventually be used to do up the ground, make the club a cat one club etc
Old 18-05-2017, 10:29 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
From what I understand the American owners strategy is to take no money out of the club and make the profit on a future sale. If you are doing that your main aim is to grow revenue as profit is less of a concern.
With all due respect, that's nonsense.
Old 18-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Wasn't me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
Crystal Palace 509k Twitter Followers

Crystal Palace never played for Manchester United.

Anthony Knockaert 24k
Old 18-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Wasn't me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaby View Post
With all due respect, that's nonsense.
Why do you say that? I can't really justify it if you don't say why
Old 18-05-2017, 10:33 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Manchester City seem to get around it.
Maybe because their revenues are quadruple ours.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 18-05-2017, 10:55 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

Cabaye has 718K twitter followers, and there's the added challenge of recalling your French O-level in an attempt to translate some of it!
Old 18-05-2017, 11:05 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
But then the story last August was that Wilf wanted to double his money (earning 35k a week then) because players like Sako were earning more. If we are now saying that he was given a 25k per week increase last year and less than 9 months later we are looking to give another increase of 50k then it worries me.

We are a club that potentially were 180 minutes from the Championship. I know there is a flood of new TV money coming our way but we do need some sort of wage structure in place. The wages quoted for Sako were always a big worry that we had lost the plot.
Sako wages reflect his free transfer status. Look at Ibrahimovich. ....His wages were reflective of that too. Yes different class but principle the same. That's probably why people wind down contracts like ledley.
Old 18-05-2017, 12:57 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Why do you say that? I can't really justify it if you don't say why
It's an established business, within an established model, with a remarkable (and regulated via FPP) cost base.

Priming it for sale is about a whole lot more that top line revenues.

Which I know you know, so maybe I missed a nuance in what you're saying.
Old 18-05-2017, 01:18 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
He will become our greatest ever player now

what a man
Old 18-05-2017, 01:21 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
This

If he signs and continues the way he is he will be my favourite ever player - he's already on a par with Ian Wright

Watching him develop has been a real pleasure and is what being a Palace fan is all about imo
Bang on the money all of that.
Old 18-05-2017, 01:22 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
He will become our greatest ever player now

what a man
He's a legend and hurtling towards Jim Cannon status!.
Old 18-05-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Could the owners not get a third party to use their money by sponsoring us therefor investing a decent sum and increasing revenue ?.