Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Point is he has progressively improved season on season. Roy can be forgiven for leaving him out throughout 2015 and up to the euros. But his form since then has been a marked improvement and deserved a call up. The fact that he's exactly the kind of player England is crying out for, who can perform under pressure, bring vital pace and an out ball and do the unexpected, is extra galling. Lingard, Oxlaid-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Tom Ince (!!!), all picked by Southgate in easy game whilst Wilf was ignored. Awful management from an awful manager.
Agree on just about all of this and let's not forget that last Nov Southgate went up to watch Wilf at Turf Moor when we lost 2-3 thanks to another Pardew fck up.

I was there Wilf was outstanding, Townsend awful and subsituted leaving the ground pisssed because of the result my son said "well the only good thing is that Wilf must now Ben selected after that performance" what happened? He selected Townsend!!!!!!!!

I thinks that useless mouthy ugly C**t Henderson bent Southgates ear. Sorry but that shows a lot of weakness

God how he must regret that now how can you compare Wilf with Ox or Jesse
Old 29-10-2017, 10:29 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
One thing he was always slightly lacking was goals. He now has them. He is the best we have ever had. The worst thing for me if we get relegated is losing wilf. I genuinely believe if we stay up he stays for a while
That's how I feel. I can handle relegation (we've had enough practice dealing with it) but losing Wilf would be the biggest disappointment. He's been the one glimmer of hope in a largely dreadful two year spell.

I consider him our best ever player, at the very least the most exciting to watch.
Old 29-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The best to ever play for us. And he's an local lad and from the academy. Doesn't get any better.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 29-10-2017, 11:14 AM

Hal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's not entirely Southgate's fault nor Hodgson's - although both take quite a lot of the blame. Southgate probably takes a bit more for calling on Townsend rather than Wilf after that Burnley game. Based on form at the time Wilf was a Bentley and Townsend a Ford. On the same basis I'd compare Sterling to a Jag- still a strange choice but not so odd that it's an insult.
The fault also lies with the FA and England culture. For years if you were quality but with a 'small' club you'd be kept on the margins e.g. Matt le Tissier. But if you were average and with a big club then you'd get your call up e.g. the conveyor belt of crap players at so many tournaments.
In the end, though, I think Wilf has made a good choice. It is the land of his birth, which is important, but he's also avoided being part of a culture which dislikes originality and a team with many players who really aren't that interested. Much as I hate to praise Beckham and Rooney, they are the only England players in recent years who have as much passion as Wilf. When England cock it up again, Wilf, if he were in the team, would be the easy target to blame.
He really is better of out of it.

"To good for Engerland"
Old 29-10-2017, 02:43 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
We're a one man team. Hope he goes to a top club at the end of the season, he deserves it.
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Keep him keep him keep him keep him keep him!
Old 29-10-2017, 03:33 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
We're a one man team. Hope he goes to a top club at the end of the season, he deserves it.
I'd like to see him stay, but if he does move it should be to Barcelona in 3 years time.
Old 29-10-2017, 03:37 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Wilf still looks no where near top match fitness. He scored that goal yesterday on pure grit, effort and talent. And he seems to have learned to dose his energy and conserve something for the final 10 minutes (or 17 minutes ).
Playing further up top conserves his energy. Hopefully Hodgson will have learnt his lesson. You don't take Wilf off. Ever. Unless he's injured. What happened at St James Park was a disgrace.
Old 29-10-2017, 03:42 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
it's Leo's turn to run rings around his dad this afternoon (having just seen his instagram story)
Old 29-10-2017, 04:41 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
it's Leo's turn to run rings around his dad this afternoon (having just seen his instagram story)
Very cute kid. Love that Wilf shares these videos.
Old 29-10-2017, 06:09 PM

smoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Where's there's Wilf there's a way
Old 29-10-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
Where's there's Wilf there's a way
Glad you like my signature!
Old 30-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
In Garth Crook's Team of the Week again:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

"When you're hot, you're hot, and Wilfried Zaha is on fire at the moment. The Ivorian's performances of late have given Crystal Palace a lifeline. If the Eagles can get Christian Benteke, Andros Townsend and Zaha on the pitch at the same time, Palace will pick up points.

At the moment all the responsibility seems to be bearing down on Zaha's shoulders and I can understand that weight being too much. The player admits there are times when the pressure is inclined to get to him, but there is nothing like scoring goals to solve that particular problem.

Zaha has wonderful ability and Palace supporters willingly pay to see a glimpse of that Zaha magic. That is all he should be concerned about at the moment. He is adored by his fans - just give them a little of what they crave. That's all."
Old 30-10-2017, 09:00 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where would we be without him?
Our best player for a long time.
We go down and he's gone.
Old 30-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Where would we be without him?
Our best player for a long time.
We go down and he's gone.
Absolutely no question of that!

There are probably a very small pinch of clubs in the league who wouldn't take him (if any at all). I hope he doesn't have a release clause in his contract, though suspect there is slim to no chance he doesn't have one for if we are relegated, as he is the one player we would have no problem selling at premium price despite going down - there will be any number of clubs coming in for him.

Of course, I would much prefer staying up and not having to worry at all!

If the likes of Tottenham wanted him then, well what price do you put on a player that has single handily carried your team, academy lad, is adored by the supporters and has only just signed a long term contract?!
Old 30-10-2017, 02:19 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace staying up will be worth well over £100m per season and so if Palace did decide to sell him it would not be anywhere near the £30m valuation from the media as Palace have never suggested that they wanted to sell him or given a price.

I fully expect Palace to stay up this season and so cannot see any reason why Palace would change their stance on him being made available especially as he recently was delighted to sign an improved extended long term contract.
Old 30-10-2017, 02:25 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Eh? Why would anyone ‘hope’ that?
Old 30-10-2017, 02:25 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Wouldnt even sell him if we went down. He would fire us up and the drop off from when players drop from Prem to Champ arent like they once were (Sam Clucas went for £17m!) so can always cash in whenever.
Old 30-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
It's amazing how the spectre of his time at Man Utd still colours some people's perceptions of him. I'm talking about fans of other clubs, for example the chap I was talking to yesterday, who was quite knowledgeable about football in general, but still talked about his 'inconsistency' and his inability to perform at Utd. I pointed out to him that Wilf is consistently our best player and has been for several years, and that he didn't get a chance at Old Trafford.

As long as people continue to underestimate him I'm happy.
Old 30-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Oh, and I wouldn't sell him at any price, but if we had to, I'd expect at least 70 million. He's a unique talent and continues to improve. It's scary to think how good he will be in a couple of years time.
Old 30-10-2017, 03:57 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The inconsistency tag is what's kept him at the club. The more this gets said in the media the better. I couldn't care what other clubs think of him, we know how good he is. Every week.