Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:37 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
CHRIST ON A ******* BIKE
No no, I agree with the article. Zaha on the wing does very little for us.

Zaha up front on the other hand scores goals and wins points for his team
Old 02-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace have never put a valuation on Wilf since he came back home to Palace and so any figures being bandied about are pure media speculation as to what they think that he is worth and nowhere near what Palace would value him at if he was available.

Pushing the boat out to reward him with his bumper new contract shows how much this player means to the club and our owners and yet still the transfer rumours surface after every great performance that he delivers for Palace and the way that Palace have struggled without him in the side shows just how pivotal he is to the club and our future.

Sure he has a growing army of admirers but he is vital to Palace and our owners are fully aware of this and have no intention of derailing what they are building by selling our best player.

COYP
Apart from when Pardew was happy to sell him to Spurs as he rated Bolasie & Townsend ahead of Wilf?

Last edited by gilesy14; 02-11-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:52 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Apart from when Pardew was happy to sell him to Spurs as he rated Bolasie & Sako [and Townsend] ahead of Wilf?
Absolutely ridiculous to even think it now, but I remember last season at White Hart Lane. Zaha was on the bench Pardew didn't have a clue.

Thankfully Wilf's talent shone once given an opportunity and he was soon back in the XI. And despite Pardew's poor judgment, there was not a hope in hell of Parish selling Zaha for 30m. SP, for all his potential faults, is thankfully as much of a fan of Zaha as I am!

Zaha is suited to playing up front in a 4-4-2 with two disciplined banks of 4 behind him. And I will tell you something else: Benteke will LOVE playing up front with him too. I think both will bang in the goals once CB returns. We will see a new Christian Benteke
Old 02-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Absolutely ridiculous to even think it now, but I remember last season at White Hart Lane. Zaha was on the bench Pardew didn't have a clue.

Thankfully Wilf's talent shone once given an opportunity and he was soon back in the XI. And despite Pardew's poor judgment, there was not a hope in hell of Parish selling Zaha for 30m. SP, for all his potential faults, is thankfully as much of a fan of Zaha as I am!

Zaha is suited to playing up front in a 4-4-2 with two disciplined banks of 4 behind him. And I will tell you something else: Benteke will LOVE playing up front with him too. I think both will bang in the goals once CB returns. We will see a new Christian Benteke
Yeah, edited after I realised my mistake - was Townsend not Sako.

However, at the start of the 2015/16 season, Pardew did prefer Bolasie & Sako to Wilf. Constantly hooking Wilf in preference to them 2. Madness. Spurs away springs to mind as the best example, taking him off at halftime & then slating Wilf to the media, despite him being no worse than the other 2.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:

However, at the start of the 2015/16 season, Pardew did prefer Bolasie & Sako to Wilf. Constantly hooking Wilf in preference to them 2. Madness. Spurs away springs to mind as the best example, taking him off at halftime & then slating Wilf to the media, despite him being no worse than the other 2.
Ah, on the bench for the 2nd half! My mistake.

Do you think he will be up front when Benteke comes back or do you think he will switch to left wing?
Old 02-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Ah, on the bench for the 2nd half! My mistake.

Do you think he will be up front when Benteke comes back or do you think he will switch to left wing?
I prefer Wilf out wide personally, but I can see Roy keeping him up top as it seems as though he prefers a narrow midfield.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 AM

redsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Speculation that Wilf is going to spuds. Wilf needs to be careful, many top players have left Palace and have not done as well. I think Palace brings out the best in some players and those players bring out the best in Palace.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I prefer Wilf out wide personally, but I can see Roy keeping him up top as it seems as though he prefers a narrow midfield.
Thing is weíre not exactly flush with options. Not hard to work us out at all
Old 02-11-2017, 12:53 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:

Jealous of his popularity with the fans
Old 02-11-2017, 12:59 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

Sure he has a growing army of admirers but he is vital to Palace and our owners are fully aware of this and have no intention of derailing what they are building by selling our best player.

COYP
Pity the owners didn't support players like Wilf in the transfer window then, poor foundation for what they're building don't you think?

Still bottom at Xmas and big offers will be coming in, and I wouldn't blame Wilf for having another crack with a big club instead of perennial relegation scraps.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Jealous of his popularity with the fans
Possibly. Probably. Anyone who was a threat to his status as alpha male was dealt with.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:30 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
No no, I agree with the article. Zaha on the wing does very little for us.

Zaha up front on the other hand scores goals and wins points for his team
Agreed! His place is up top, or central going forward.

He is our only goal threat, massive shame we donít have another winger.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
Speculation that Wilf is going to spuds. Wilf needs to be careful, many top players have left Palace and have not done as well. I think Palace brings out the best in some players and those players bring out the best in Palace.
Speculation from deluded Spuds fans, sure. Ignore it. It's nonsense
Old 02-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
Speculation that Wilf is going to spuds. Wilf needs to be careful, many top players have left Palace and have not done as well.
I'm pretty sure he already knows that.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Speculation from deluded Spuds fans, sure. Ignore it. It's nonsense
This ^^^
Old 02-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
Agreed! His place is up top, or central going forward.

He is our only goal threat, massive shame we donít have another winger.
And that's why we should go for a winger in Jan.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Definitely worth a nomination, but taking the blinkers off we would really need to have gotten something out of the Newcastle game with him involved for him to get it.

Don't forget to try to rig the vote anyway
Old 03-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post

Definitely worth a nomination, but taking the blinkers off we would really need to have gotten something out of the Newcastle game with him involved for him to get it.

Don't forget to try to rig the vote anyway

*got
Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
*got
Old 07-11-2017, 08:31 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

so true