Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I am The HULK

Bellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellyman
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Palace fan who owns a record label and this is the band they had signed!
They have released their first single under FacevsFist Records

Go and buy it to support fellow palace fans

NFL Keeper League Team: - Hulks CarpyTD's

BBS Honours
Betting Masters World Cup 2010 - Runner up
Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Or buy it because you like it?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I am The HULK

Bellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBellyman only had an early morning dream; the world will be alright
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick
Or buy it because you like it?

Or that....You may just like it if you buy it!

NFL Keeper League Team: - Hulks CarpyTD's

BBS Honours
Betting Masters World Cup 2010 - Runner up
Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 PM

doof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
edit

Last edited by doof; 09-01-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 13-11-2011, 11:06 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
just thought I'd stick this on the interweb so that it has a life outside of an old cassette tape gathering dust on a shelf. This track is from a demo we recorded at a small studio in Streatham in 1985 - we were 19 at the time. Me on drums.

Old 17-11-2011, 09:48 AM

Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
mentioned on the metal thread but might as well go here as well.

my band released our new ep this week.

the whole thing is streaming and available to download here - To view the link you have to Register or Login also on itunes etc.

here's a track off it -

XBox Live Gamertag - RuptureRapture
twitter - @rupturerapture
last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 18-11-2011, 10:25 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Here's a band that I play in called 'Nakedium'. I'm the one on the drums.

If anyone likes it they can download our album from itunes (link in the youtube description).

Old 22-11-2011, 02:47 PM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Dude you look well polished up and professional - are you signed or is this an investment or is someone in the band loaded? It makes you look good for sure, but ultimately it's down to the tunes and you have got some crackers there. Your singer is very good too, his voice reminds me a little of the guy from 3 Doors Down for some reason, or perhaps that bloke from Lifehouse. Anyway, hope it all pays off!

HP, I remember that you liked one of our songs (the only one we had written at the time lol). Here's another of ours someone recorded at a benefit gig on Saturday

Take the sound quality with a pinch of salt though chaps, it is only youtube, it was on a compact camera and it's not been run through a studio either! We did about 5 of our songs and 10 covers in our set for this gig, this one is a cover of "State of Love and Trust" by Pearl Jam.

Oh, and I look ridiculous because it was a 'Skool Daze' theme fancy dress
Old 22-11-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
just thought I'd stick this on the interweb so that it has a life outside of an old cassette tape gathering dust on a shelf. This track is from a demo we recorded at a small studio in Streatham in 1985 - we were 19 at the time. Me on drums.

Wow! Straight out of the 80's lol It fits right in there doesn't it
Old 29-11-2011, 06:20 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Dude you look well polished up and professional - are you signed or is this an investment or is someone in the band loaded? It makes you look good for sure, but ultimately it's down to the tunes and you have got some crackers there. Your singer is very good too, his voice reminds me a little of the guy from 3 Doors Down for some reason, or perhaps that bloke from Lifehouse. Anyway, hope it all pays off!

HP, I remember that you liked one of our songs (the only one we had written at the time lol). Here's another of ours someone recorded at a benefit gig on Saturday

Take the sound quality with a pinch of salt though chaps, it is only youtube, it was on a compact camera and it's not been run through a studio either! We did about 5 of our songs and 10 covers in our set for this gig, this one is a cover of "State of Love and Trust" by Pearl Jam.

Oh, and I look ridiculous because it was a 'Skool Daze' theme fancy dress
Nice work mate the original sounds well good! When're you guys recording? Also good work on the Pearl Jam track. One of my favourite from them. Which member are you again? Your singer is really good.

Thanks for the compliments mate. We're signed to a label run by our singer so technically but not really. However he was signed with a band called 'push' back in the 90s and made quite a few contacts back then so knows the people to get things such as a good video, recordings etc done on for a good price. The main problem with the band is that the singer is a fair bit older than the rest of us. It's also not exactly what I want to do so I sorta see my self as playing for the singer rather than it being 'my band'. Me and my brother are doing a prog/hard rock band which is more what we're into. When we're up and gigging we'll have to do a few gig swaps with you guys!
Old 30-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Cheers HPP, I'm the singer Though I don't really rate myself any more than 'average'. I love that PJ tune though, less well known but very passionate, up there with 'Rearview Mirror' imo.

The guitarist sings some songs too, he tends to do softer stuff, I guess it changes the band dynamics a bit when that happens. I guess I do 2 out of every 3 songs we do, that's the ratio I keep it at.

I bought a Fostex recorder last month and we recorded one track but haven't mixed it. We have 6 more to record and 2 others are being worked on, and we'll finish it up into an album just for the hell of it. You can have a copy when we're done

I know what you mean about your age difference, we have the same thing, only it's me who is the old one (39) I wouldn't worry, he has a great voice and these days I don't think people worry. Remember, the likes of Blink 182 are 39 average ! doesn't stop my 14 year old daughter from going to see them next year. I get all the OAP jokes in the band, they are all mid/late 20's but I act younger than all of them lol

Would be delighted to support you if you get around to playing a gig round here or we come up that way. We did talk about a 'minitour' at one point

Oh, our drummer also plays with his brother who is an really good guitarist, they made a rock opera on Robocop called "Robocopera" - it's bloody good.

Here, you can see how f*cking old I am here lol

Last edited by anti-addick; 30-11-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 30-11-2011, 06:18 PM

ArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feelingArmchairFan has brains that could explain any feeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by doof
We all know that it is a proven fact that CPFC fans have the best taste in music so there must be some great bands/musicians on the BBS. Why not show off your band??

Here's a stripped down performance at the Tom Waits tribute night at Scream Lounge.
Loving the Tom Waits stuff...had no idea there was stuff this good still going on in Croydon (moved out about 5 years back precisely because there didn't seem to be at the time...).

This is my lot The Blind Hearts on tour this year at various clubs/festivals...

Last edited by ArmchairFan; 30-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Just put on a gig my 40th birthday. I had 2 support bands and decided, just this once, to play in my Palace shirt lol

Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair
The Mai 68s. This is one of our more 'tuneful' opuses.

This is so good. I was listening to the Rupture one just before and really wanted to reply with something positive but just couldn't because it was so dreadful...but this, this is excellant. I would listen to this on you tube again...and you can't even hear the lead singer. Guitarist is good - one of the things that frustrates me today is that guitarists aren't any longer trying to be good or interesting, but this guy's really brilliant. The teenage kicks band are awful and why do artists insist on wearing football colours - it flies in the face of rock sensibility and is plain wrong (even if it is a 1970s reissue vintage).
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addopalace
This is so good. I was listening to the Rupture one just before and really wanted to reply with something positive but just couldn't because it was so dreadful...but this, this is excellant. I would listen to this on you tube again...and you can't even hear the lead singer. Guitarist is good - one of the things that frustrates me today is that guitarists aren't any longer trying to be good or interesting, but this guy's really brilliant. The teenage kicks band are awful and why do artists insist on wearing football colours - it flies in the face of rock sensibility and is plain wrong (even if it is a 1970s reissue vintage).
Bit harsh to say any of the bands posted are 'dreadful' or 'awful'. Music is subjective and just because you don't like something that doesn't make it bad. All the people that have posted in this thread are clearly capable musicians and deserve credit for that at least.

As for wearing football shirts for me music (rock music in particular) is about playing and wearing what you want. Danny Carey is in my opinion amoungst the top progressive drummers in the world and wears basketball jerseys for live shows. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE=philsick]Our totally D.I.Y recordings done in a garage by us.

From a little benefit gig in brighton the other week.

Wow. This is about four or five times better than the dross you regularly dump into the 'Post a YouTube Video' thread. Loved the guitar playing and the front man appears to sing in perfect German. Congratulations.

No, it is really good, although there is nothing more rediculous or incongruous than a scary metaller-type looking nervous on stage.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Here's my band a couple of weeks back with the drummers girl on the Vibraslap!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addopalace
The teenage kicks band are awful and why do artists insist on wearing football colours - it flies in the face of rock sensibility and is plain wrong (even if it is a 1970s reissue vintage).
What the f*ck are you talking about?

It's MY 40th birthday party and I put on a free show with my band and 2 support bands. The audience was obviously filled with my family who are, incidentally, Palace fans, so what exactly is your problem?

For the record I am a t-shirt fiend, I have loads, T's that would make you jealous, I f*cking love T's and took off my "Marshall Amps" T just before this. Nice to know that you're a 'real' muso who doesn't judge on photo stills alone eh?

EDIT Just read your other posts mate and come to the conclusion that you're just a c*nt.

Last edited by anti-addick; 13-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 15-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Cheese

Chrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissayy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got a new funk/jazz/pop group together, doing classics and originals. Our best stuff is yet to be recorded but there's a rough demo. 'Like' us on facebook I'm the tenor saxophonist by the way.
Old 16-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Addobellend, apparently

Quote:
What the f*ck are you talking about?

It's MY 40th birthday party and I put on a free show with my band and 2 support bands. The audience was obviously filled with my family who are, incidentally, Palace fans, so what exactly is your problem?

For the record I am a t-shirt fiend, I have loads, T's that would make you jealous, I f*cking love T's and took off my "Marshall Amps" T just before this. Nice to know that you're a 'real' muso who doesn't judge on photo stills alone eh?

EDIT Just read your other posts mate and come to the conclusion that you're just a c*nt.
God, how awful - you trawl through all my previous drunken posts and conclude to my face that you think I'm a See you Entity.

Maybe you feel slightly put out by the fact that I didn't bother commenting on your so-called 'stills'. Why should I comment on your bloody 'stills', no-one else has. They're 'stills' for Gods sake! When you went through all my previous posts looking for some justification to be an odious little swine, did you once notice any previous comments made by myself regarding frigging 'stills'? No...because they'd be bloody 'stills' and not really worth commenting on. You're a bit like the skit from that sketchshow from a couple of years ago, in which the young woman who's equally self-regarding as yourself, throws herself around saying, 'don't look at me, don't look at me'.

Well you know what...I wasn't bloody looking at you and I certainly wouldn't have commented if I had.