Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
What are you on about?

I don't know what the time difference is to Chile but are you on the sauce already?
you know very well what I'm on about.

Do you have no compassion for the people affected by this?
You think its right how they have been/are being treated?

And before you reply to anyone else with some comment about requiring papers when entering Chile or HK or where ever, ITS NOT RELATED!!!!
Old 17-04-2018, 10:18 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Paulo says the forms are the same for all and I have no reason to doubt that. However there are different British visa/entry requirements depending upon the island. Jamaicans get a more difficult route than say Trinis. We both got independence in 1962
Thatís interesting Timbo.

It seemed odd to me that the two islands have different visa requirements for the U.K. So Iíve done a bit of reading on the net.

Iím sure you know the history to this better than I do, but I found a website that explained that the U.K. brought in more visa control for Jamaicans in an attempt to reduce drug trafficking that was coming from there. Does that sound possibly true?

Those from Trinidad can visit U.K. without a visa, but do need one if they want to stay longer and work.

It might interest you to know that it was also reported a while ago that May and the Home Office have apparently been discussing softening the visa requirements on Jamaicans again.
Old 17-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You shouldn't go around labelling people you don't know. If you are going to make statements like that its incumbent on you to provide the evidence when you do it.
Youíve been on these boards long enough.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:09 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
macstar has been called out as a racist several times on here, as have you.
How have you escaped?
Old 17-04-2018, 11:17 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Having read all of skints posts on this thread I’m struggling to see racism unless the home office is outwardly racist as his opinion seems less controvertial than theirs.

I’m happy to be corrected on this of course. To me it just seems he is being a bit of an ignoramus *(as normal) rather than a massive racist?

* sorry skint for defending you by calling you an ignoramus but I guess the cap fits mate.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hehe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1524007367181.jpg (52.1 KB, 44 views)
If youíre on the left, disagree all you want, but for feckís sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If youíre on the rightÖ just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Thatís interesting Timbo.

It seemed odd to me that the two islands have different visa requirements for the U.K. So Iíve done a bit of reading on the net.

Iím sure you know the history to this better than I do, but I found a website that explained that the U.K. brought in more visa control for Jamaicans in an attempt to reduce drug trafficking that was coming from there. Does that sound possibly true?

Those from Trinidad can visit U.K. without a visa, but do need one if they want to stay longer and work.

It might interest you to know that it was also reported a while ago that May and the Home Office have apparently been discussing softening the visa requirements on Jamaicans again.
Everything you say is true, plus I am told that Jamaicans have more of a tendency to overstay. I didn't know about the softening bit though, that's good news.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Why do racists deny they're racist and also deny other racists racism? It's because they know it's an indefensible rancid minset isn't it? and it would be admitting you're a total ****.

In other news this country is becoming an increasingly nasty unfriendly place to live by the day. I cant believe a handful of racists like farage have been allowed to start effecting the whole system in suh a major way. Deportations, repratriations i never thought we'd start seeeing it here. Sad times and may and her nasty party are overseeing it.
Maybe they don't think (or are unaware) that they are.
If youíre on the left, disagree all you want, but for feckís sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If youíre on the rightÖ just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 18-04-2018, 12:08 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Maybe they don't think (or are unaware) that they are.
Indeed! Some peeps are uncomfortable with immigration for reasons other than racism, despite what people say on here
Old 18-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Having read all of skints posts on this thread Iím struggling to see racism unless the home office is outwardly racist as his opinion seems less controvertial than theirs.

Iím happy to be corrected on this of course. To me it just seems he is being a bit of an ignoramus *(as normal) rather than a massive racist?

* sorry skint for defending you by calling you an ignoramus but I guess the cap fits mate.
I make you right. He should take the opportunity to look at the facts of this case, which he has so far failed to do, and recant the utterly foolish line he has held on this thread in the face of the evidence. #stickingupforskint
Old 18-04-2018, 06:26 AM
Fear the ghost of Pol Pot

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
macstar has been called out as a racist several times on here, as have you.
No one has called me a racist not that I've seen every post. If someone does they should provide evidence of it.
Otherwise it just nonsensical trolling.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:31 AM

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
you know very well what I'm on about.

Do you have no compassion for the people affected by this?
You think its right how they have been/are being treated?

And before you reply to anyone else with some comment about requiring papers when entering Chile or HK or where ever, ITS NOT RELATED!!!!
Where have I said I've no compassion for them. Indeed if some has lost their job and put in a detention centre then I'm all for a bit of compo as a form of redress. Where have I said its right, this is just stuff going around your mind and has no relation to what I've written.

The whole issue is entirely down to having the right paperwork and how the Home Office work.

Last edited by Skintagain; 18-04-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:

My fault entirely I should never had admitted to it but I don't see how my points can be challenged.
Old 18-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Where have I said I've no compassion for them. Indeed if some has lost their job and put in a detention centre then I'm all for a bit of compo as a form of redress.
Sadly, that sums you up. You think money somehow will redress a situation where your own country rejects you. Ho hum, never mind, here’s a few quid.

Compassion is not about throwing money at people.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 18-04-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
My fault entirely I should never had admitted to it but I don't see how my points can be challenged.
The basic premise that in the UK the burden of proof should lay with the accused and not the accuser.

Sure if the Home Office can prove beyond reasonable doubt that someone did not enter the country legally and subsequently made no attempt to legalise their status they would be doing their job.

Why should the accused be guilty unless they prove themselves innocent?
Old 18-04-2018, 08:42 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Paulo says the forms are the same for all and I have no reason to doubt that. However there are different British visa/entry requirements depending upon the island. Jamaicans get a more difficult route than say Trinis. We both got independence in 1962
Didn't the so-called Windrush Generation arrive in the UK prior to independence and therefore have a different legal status?

I listened to an interview on the Today programme this morning with a poor guy who had been badly let down by our country despite having lived here for decades since arriving here as a baby from the Caribbean. He had contemplated suicide. He didn't know whether he would get a pension. He was in such a state of uncertainty and still worried about the possibility of deportation.

The culture at the Home Office and it's agencies, driven largely by the Home Secretary from 2010 is a major factor in this.
Old 18-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Home Office under May destroyed their landing cards

To view the link you have to Register or LoginTo view the link you have to Register or Login

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 18-04-2018, 09:40 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Everything you say is true, plus I am told that Jamaicans have more of a tendency to overstay. I didn't know about the softening bit though, that's good news.
I found that story about the possible softening on a RJR news website from 2016. There might be an update by now.
Old 18-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Sadly, that sums you up. You think money somehow will redress a situation where your own country rejects you. Ho hum, never mind, hereís a few quid.

Compassion is not about throwing money at people.
Of course money doesn't solve injustices but what do you suggest.

A blow job from President May perhaps, posturing hand ringing on the BBS. Perhaps a fiver for the Albert Thompson campaign, not that I've seen a BBSer on there. It all seems a bit hollow to me.

Lets hear your suggestion and before you do, I suspect we're all fed up with politicians apologising.
Old 18-04-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
The basic premise that in the UK the burden of proof should lay with the accused and not the accuser.

Sure if the Home Office can prove beyond reasonable doubt that someone did not enter the country legally and subsequently made no attempt to legalise their status they would be doing their job.

Why should the accused be guilty unless they prove themselves innocent?
No, you're making a case for this sole situation, there's lot of illegals being deported every month its up to them to prove they have right to be here. Otherwise "No Comment" would be all they'd have to say.

Is it a case of guilt or innocence, its the right to stay or not.