Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:27 PM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw elements of Steve Gerrard (don't be gay and over react here - just stylistically there were elements) yesterday in Mutch. Yes it all fell short but natural for a players touch not to be spot on after not playing that regularly. Give him 3-4 games and he'll be nailing the long passes, making the breaking runs and tackling like a demon.

Saying all that NO ******* IDEA why we bought him and not Gestede - we have tons of midfielders and Guedioura looked fine as reserve of reserve.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
My first impression was bloody hell he is well off the pace. You saw Gayle, Punch, McArthur right on the pace zinging it about and then there he was ambling about.

However... I thought he got more into it in the second half and showed some decent touches, and how rusty must he be? In a way he reminded me a bit like Le Tissier ambling about, his goals and assists show there is something there but it may be an acquired taste for some.

Give him time and he'll be ok i reckon.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:33 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Bizarre decision to bring him on. Clearly not physically fit nor mentally match sharp, yet even if he was it would have been a massive ask to play the Chamakh role having spent no time on the training getting to understand the system and his role in it.
He was poor yesterday and then hid.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:44 PM

MATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMATTY11 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
He spent most of the afternoon fiddling with his shin pads and pulling his socks up. A massive sign of being unfit I would say. He has to buy into the Palace mentality every player works so hard for the team. Yesterday when he came on we may as well have played with ten men. I am convinced though when fit he could be a match winner. Just like Jonjo shelvey today. He will probably frustrate at times but don't be surprised when he pings one in from 25 yards to win us a game. I think we are so used to our team tearing around and busting a gut that when we see someone not putting it in, it really stands out like a sore thumb.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:30 AM

alf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I haven't read the earlier pages but I hope the club gets his name right for the next home game. I noticed that when it came up on the 'screen' it was spelt Jordan not JordOn.
Now back to Super Bowl.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 AM

Johnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw enough to be comfortable with this, he'll be fine. As others have said, he should never have been put in that position, nowhere near match fit and just a day's training with the squad. After the impact Guedioura had against Spurs I'd have thought he'd be a far better option on the bench.

I just hope people don't read too much into his first performance.

http://www.justgiving.com/Johnny-Devereaux2017
Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Bizarre decision to bring him on. Clearly not physically fit nor mentally match sharp, yet even if he was it would have been a massive ask to play the Chamakh role having spent no time on the training getting to understand the system and his role in it.
He was poor yesterday and then hid.
This. V disappointed with him, I hope he improves. But why not put Gayle with Sanogo and bring Wilf on?
Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 AM
EAGLES

Billyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY11 View Post
He spent most of the afternoon fiddling with his shin pads and pulling his socks up. A massive sign of being unfit I would say. He has to buy into the Palace mentality every player works so hard for the team. .
Agree. Hes certainly been a 'luxury' player too much of his carear and it showed on Saturday he was only interested in attacking. He barely put in a tackle.

Thats why we all love Yannick and Punch I guess. They could be having an absolute stinker of a game yet you know for sure both of them will running all day long, will never neglect tracking back and doing their bit defensively for the team.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnydev66 View Post
I saw enough to be comfortable with this, he'll be fine. As others have said, he should never have been put in that position, nowhere near match fit and just a day's training with the squad. After the impact Guedioura had against Spurs I'd have thought he'd be a far better option on the bench.

I just hope people don't read too much into his first performance.
Have you been on the BBS before?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Johnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
Have you been on the BBS before?

http://www.justgiving.com/Johnny-Devereaux2017
Old 03-02-2015, 01:08 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Probably the worst debut I've seen in watching palace for 26 consecutive years. Other than that he was ok.

How much?!
You obviously haven't been to the same games as I have. Muppet.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Shefki Kuqi fan

ChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Am I missing something?

Struggling to work out why apparently he was so bad? Thought he did ok, to be honest.

Because they're chocolate biscuits.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:26 PM

rainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaceTheAce View Post
Am I missing something?

Struggling to work out why apparently he was so bad? Thought he did ok, to be honest.
I'm in agreement he did OK, but we lost a game so someone has to be a scapegoat.

Being called a luxury player after just 1 game, when he's not fit and up to speed with his team mates yet, nothing like giving the lad a chance!!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:56 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaceTheAce View Post
Am I missing something?

He wasn't great or even good but I saw nothing to suggest it was an awful debut. His passing was probably his strongest attribute really.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:59 PM

mylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_child View Post
I'm in agreement he did OK, but we lost a game so someone has to be a scapegoat.

Being called a luxury player after just 1 game, when he's not fit and up to speed with his team mates yet, nothing like giving the lad a chance!!
I'm sure nobody will agree with me because time seems to changes our memory. But the first few games I saw Jedinak play for Palace I thought he looked pretty average and really did not rate him. The boys on the BBS also did not hold back with their thoughts either. Now we can't wait for him to get back in the team.

Give Mutch a chance to settle.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:39 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Match fitness as opposed to fitness are two different things. Mutch was not match fit. Let's see and comment at the end of the month on his abilities and be fair to a player with a decent reputation.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:55 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reaaaally reminds me of andre moritz
Old 07-02-2015, 05:09 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I think weve found our new Darren Ambrose

Cardiff fans said he doesnt get involved alot but occasionally belts one in, so far they are right about the first part.

I understand he isnt match fit so ill judge him next season but shouldnt be anywhere near the first 11 now, Guedioura is better and he struggles to get on the bench.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 07-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
Reaaaally reminds me of andre moritz
I wish he were that good.....
Old 07-02-2015, 05:14 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Like playing with 10 men at times.