Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
I agree; a young midfielder who cost less than our first-choice midfielders should absolutely be an automatic starter for costing so much.

Should be proof enough of just how wide of the mark your expectations/excuses are for a club in our position.

And don't even get me started on what your putting Gayle on that list means for pretty much everything you've been saying here.
Not sure what your point is? I'd expect Mutch to be really challenging Punch for the number 10 role. He's not, despite Punch being below par this season.

Cabaye and McArthur are irrelevant to your argument because they don't generally play in Mutch's position.

And so a few people don't like Gayle? Plenty of people do, they just realise we don't play a system that suits his game.

If you're saying Mutch has been worth every penny of the fee paid so far, you're a mentalist. He probably doesn't even make the 18 when everyone is fit.

Last edited by WorthingEagle; 06-01-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:19 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mutch has done little in the year that he has been here to justify a 5M fee. I think he has until May show more than he has so far or he will be shipped out. If you were to ask me what his qualities are as a footballer I could not name any.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Mutch has done little in the year that he has been here to justify a 5M fee. I think he has until May show more than he has so far or he will be shipped out. If you were to ask me what his qualities are as a footballer I could not name any.
I like his corners, quite flat but with a bit of left to right swerve that tends to put the goalie off coming for the ball.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
The only glimmer of a quality I have seen in him is that he has a firm shot - the effort he had at Norwich away was a good example. However, I can't think of many more. The problem is that he's not good enough to play in central midfield in a 4-4-2 and he's not creative enough to be a No 10. Combined with his pedestrian/languid style, I think he's going to be up against it to even make the bench when we have fewer injuries.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Any good today?
Old 09-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Any good today?
Not really, mostly anonymous befoe his substitution.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:17 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
He's shit

Draw a line under it and move on.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:21 PM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Need to sell. Woeful
Old 10-01-2016, 07:07 AM

palaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hope we don't get as bad as these Villa fans towards their players
Old 10-01-2016, 07:46 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palaceboy1 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hope we don't get as bad as these Villa fans towards their players
Constructive criticism there.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:02 AM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shocking.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:12 AM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Any good today?

We were a lot better when he went off. He showed one or two decent pieces of work in midfield but we were outplayed in that area by Southampton's second choice pairing whilst Mutch was on the pitch. Trouble is, he looks so pedestrian and one-paced.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:26 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It really is a mystery as to why he has lost his way, looking at him (physically) says he is the perfect specimen for the attacking midfielder role, has strength makes the runs needed to get into position, has decent ball control, and I think is capable of scoring goals, but it then all goes flat and he fumbles his way.
But somehow his passing and decision making and most importantly his confidence has gone astray, so vital in an attacking midfielder to express himself.
So what next that suits Both parties, I would say he still has a lot to offer Palace (next season) so for the remainder of this season send him out on loan to a top championship team to regain his hunger and confidence, and I am sure will return a far better player for next season.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
There's definitely a player in their somewhere, he looked very good against us for Cardiff I thought, despite being in a poor team.

Hopefully it's not another Nick Carle situation, whereby he looked like a world beater against us in the playoffs and didn't look half the player when he joined.

Contrary to the previous post, every time I've seen Mutch something hasn't looked right either fitness or physique wise. Drops in form, difficulties adapting to a new club - I think most fans can tolerate that. But a well paid footballer not keeping himself in his best possible condition? Not so much.

Obviously those best placed to judge are at the club. Regardless, I hope he can turn it around.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
So what next that suits Both parties, I would say he still has a lot to offer Palace (next season) so for the remainder of this season send him out on loan to a top championship team to regain his hunger and confidence, and I am sure will return a far better player for next season.
I'm inclined to agree, though I guess if we're not signing another midfielder, Pards may think he has to stay at least as cover (unless he decides to keep Jonny here for that purpose instead of loaning him back out)
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:56 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
There is nothing in Mutch.....one paced no urgency can't shoot or head or go past players...compare him to Sako he changed the game when he came on yesterday precisely because he goes at the opposition...
Old 10-01-2016, 12:07 PM

wrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewrightchipvcfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just don't suit our style of play at palace think you need to work your bxxxxx off like Jedi Ledley mcarther or have pace and power like yannick wilf sako his layed back style bit like Bamford just don't fit in.So unless he can adapt his game or we change for him don't see a future at club for him but he might come good at club that suits his game.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:18 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
He didn't do much wrong whilst not really having any influence on the game; think the guy behind me summed it up best - "another game that passed him by"
Old 10-01-2016, 12:24 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i think the biggest problem is the fact that he was 5 million, hes a good squad player with potential but 5 million seams harsh when leicester got demaril gray for 3.75
Old 10-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
There's definitely a player in their somewhere, he looked very good against us for Cardiff I thought, despite being in a poor team.

Hopefully it's not another Nick Carle situation, whereby he looked like a world beater against us in the playoffs and didn't look half the player when he joined.

Contrary to the previous post, every time I've seen Mutch something hasn't looked right either fitness or physique wise. Drops in form, difficulties adapting to a new club - I think most fans can tolerate that. But a well paid footballer not keeping himself in his best possible condition? Not so much.

Obviously those best placed to judge are at the club. Regardless, I hope he can turn it around.
I was thinking similar in terms off Nicky "Ooh I'm pooped" Carle who never played 90 minutes for us I think.

Has Mutch completed 90 mins yet? Stamina is key for any CPFC player, he'll be flogged at a loss in the summer.