Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 29-05-2011, 07:42 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why do you have the most recent post on the last page?

Seems much more logical to have the most recent posts on the first page to me. That way I only ever have to look at page 1 for the threads I am interested in. For large threads this is a considerable advantage.

From a lot of posts on here seems I may be in a minority.

If you do the reverse Why?
Old 29-05-2011, 07:51 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I would answer, but no-one would read it.
Old 29-05-2011, 07:55 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would or have I missed something there?
Old 29-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by herts_palace
Seems much more logical to have the most recent posts on the first page to me. That way I only ever have to look at page 1 for the threads I am interested in. For large threads this is a considerable advantage.

You not viewing the BBS from Eye-Dee's mobile are you?
Old 29-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace
You not viewing the BBS from Eye-Dee's mobile are you?
Another one that's lost on me.

I have the setting "linear - newest first" on the options page.

Last edited by herts_palace; 29-05-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 29-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Another one that's lost on me.

I have the setting "linear - newest first" on the options page.

Sorry-

To view the link you have to Register or Login

(Jokes never work well when you have to explain them. )
Old 29-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
EDIT: I'm a got confused

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 29-05-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 29-05-2011, 09:11 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Yes.

The poster would like to see the latest posts at the beginning of the thread.
Old 29-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH
Yes.

The poster would like to see the latest posts at the beginning of the thread.
I get it now, got confused

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 29-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie
I get it now, got confused
That's what I thought at first and then the waters became muddied.

So, that is all that he was saying?
Old 29-05-2011, 09:37 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
That's what I thought at first and then the waters became muddied.

So, that is all that he was saying?
I think he is saying that he sees the latest post first on a thread and was (and maybe still is) asking why anyone would not do the same.

He has the impression, from lots of post on here (I assume the BBS as a whole and not this thread, as he would not have been able to draw such a conclusion seeing as his post, as the thread starter was the first post on this thread) that he is in the minority in deciding to order his posts in this fashion.

He therefore wants clarification, as to why people are not doing it in the same way as him (I assume as he cannot understand why they would not).

I personally refuse to answer, as if I let on that I had the most recent post at the end, he may look at me in a negative way.
Old 29-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This is the best football forum in the UK probably the world. Leave well alone.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
I think he is saying that he sees the latest post first on a thread and was (and maybe still is) asking why anyone would not do the same.

He has the impression, from lots of post on here (I assume the BBS as a whole and not this thread, as he would not have been able to draw such a conclusion seeing as his post, as the thread starter was the first post on this thread) that he is in the minority in deciding to order his posts in this fashion.

He therefore wants clarification, as to why people are not doing it in the same way as him (I assume as he cannot understand why they would not).

I personally refuse to answer, as if I let on that I had the most recent post at the end, he may look at me in a negative way.
Great explanation.

Yes having originally had the latest post at the end of the thread I now think that having the latest post at the start of the thread is superior. By the way if you did have the latest post at the end I would not look at you negatively as you are just conforming like everyone else it seems.

Incidentally all these posts like "I think we will score on page 15" are lost on me for 2 reasons.

1. I never get to page 15 - unless I find a really good thread and I want to read ALL the posts
2. I have set my options to have 100 posts per page I get the impression many don't do that either?

Also why have the mods moved this thread into Help and Suggestions when I am neither asking for any or making one?

Finally I am not asking anyone to change anything on the BBS, just asking what I thought was a simple question.

Last edited by herts_palace; 30-05-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:49 AM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don t mind which way around it is. But wish they did nt have the latest score all over the match day thread as i cannot always see or listen to the game live and love to read through the posts later and live the game with a beer. Not the same when i know the result or latest score.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:51 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Threads often work out as conversations, with ideas and thoughts deceloped along the way, so are easier when read from the start onwards.
That's why I have it set that way.
And cookies mean that when I click on the thread link, I'm taken to the place in the thread where I last left off.
And all general points on the site go into this forum.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:53 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coveta
I don t mind which way around it is. But wish they did nt have the latest score all over the match day thread as i cannot always see or listen to the game live and love to read through the posts later and live the game with a beer. Not the same when i know the result or latest score.
If the consensus is that the live score on a thread is a spoiler, then we'll change that next season. If the general consensus is that it's useful to have the score updated durung the match, we'll keep it as is.
I imagine we could (if an online mod remembers) keep the score live during the game and then remove it at the end, but if it's just for the benefit of one person, I can't see it happening much, to be honest.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Fan
Threads often work out as conversations, with ideas and thoughts deceloped along the way, so are easier when read from the start onwards.
Because I regularly read the threads I'm interested in I rarely have to read more than 1 page.

Quote:
And cookies mean that when I click on the thread link, I'm taken to the place in the thread where I last left off.
Ah, I delete those on a regular basis so may often miss out on that one, but I will give it a go. with 100 posts a page I would need to miss a lot of posts for me to have to go to page 2 though.

Just clicked on the tick besides the post - not sure I have done that before.

Last edited by herts_palace; 30-05-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 30-05-2011, 01:03 AM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If the consensus is that the live score on a thread is a spoiler, then we'll change that next season. If the general consensus is that it's useful to have the score updated durung the match, we'll keep it as is.
I imagine we could (if an online mod remembers) keep the score live during the game and then remove it at the end, but if it's just for the benefit of one person, I can't see it happening much, to be honest.
Fair enough, thanks for taking it onboard.
Old 30-05-2011, 06:17 AM
pura vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coveta
Fair enough, thanks for taking it onboard.
Feel free to open it as a debate topic - we'd listen to majority view on something like this.
Old 30-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Personally I want someone to read it all to me as i'm too lazy to read it all myself.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign