Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:16 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
God, Insertional Tendiopathy (sp) of the Achilles is depressing.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:34 PM

Kemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
God, Insertional Tendiopathy (sp) of the Achilles is depressing.
Just saying it sounds depressing. I had to withdraw from the NY marathon on Sat, have a hip bursa issue. Started about 3 weeks ago so I pretty much rested it but after doing a 7 mile training run I still had some pain. Tried taping it up but a 1 mile run was agony so no option but to defer. Just got to find the money to come back next year now. Oh, a cure for this issue.
Old 16-11-2017, 01:47 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone doing the Brighton 10km on Sunday?
Old 16-11-2017, 01:59 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemper View Post
Just saying it sounds depressing. I had to withdraw from the NY marathon on Sat, have a hip bursa issue. Started about 3 weeks ago so I pretty much rested it but after doing a 7 mile training run I still had some pain. Tried taping it up but a 1 mile run was agony so no option but to defer. Just got to find the money to come back next year now. Oh, a cure for this issue.
Sorry to hear that mate. It's the expense of it all, isn't it! I've got a rather one-off trip before London, so praying I can do it. As it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Mine went after a while - laying on my side at night was horrible.

So at the moment, I'm just returning to the treadmill. Reps at 9 km/h jog. Biting at the bit to get back, before I have to start buying a new wardrobe, am weeks away from moving from a medium to a large.
Old 16-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
Anyone doing the Brighton 10km on Sunday?
Great fast course. Did it two years ago - good luck.
Old 16-11-2017, 03:42 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Sorry to hear that mate. It's the expense of it all, isn't it! I've got a rather one-off trip before London, so praying I can do it. As it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Mine went after a while - laying on my side at night was horrible.

So at the moment, I'm just returning to the treadmill. Reps at 9 km/h jog. Biting at the bit to get back, before I have to start buying a new wardrobe, am weeks away from moving from a medium to a large.

Take care with that Martin and good luck.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ran my first Half Marathon this morning. The number one goal was to finish and the number two goal was to do so in under three hours. I got to tick both of those boxes. Sadly went out too quick, as usual, and seriously paid the price for the last two miles, but that hopefully means I have a better time in me next time.

That time will probably look like a misprint to most of you guys, but for this 16 stone 55 year old it is amazing. Legs sore, feet really sore, but very grateful and content.

Oh, and by the way, today was day 539 of my daily running streak.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 19-11-2017, 09:23 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A good friend of mine, and a life-long Palace fan, ran 2.42 in the Valencia Marathon today at the age of 59. A fine performance.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anybody got tips for how I could pick up my 'default' pace?

I run about 4min50secs per km comfortably whether I'm doing 5k or 10k
I know I could probably get that closer to 4min30
Cheers
Old 19-11-2017, 10:57 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post

Cheers

Intervals and hills
Old 19-11-2017, 11:39 PM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
Ran my first Half Marathon this morning. The number one goal was to finish and the number two goal was to do so in under three hours. I got to tick both of those boxes. Sadly went out too quick, as usual, and seriously paid the price for the last two miles, but that hopefully means I have a better time in me next time.

That time will probably look like a misprint to most of you guys, but for this 16 stone 55 year old it is amazing. Legs sore, feet really sore, but very grateful and content.

Oh, and by the way, today was day 539 of my daily running streak.

Fantastic effort - weíll done.

Totally put me to shame!
Old 20-11-2017, 09:11 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post

Cheers
As said, intervals and/or hills.

If you always run at the pace your body is going to adjust to that pace and be comfortable at that pace.

Find a 50-100m long hill with at least a 5-6% gradient. Warm up for 1-2 miles at a comfortable pace, loop to the bottom of the hill, sprint up for 10 seconds and jog/walk back down to the bottom. Repeat the hill sprint another 9 times. Another 1-2 miles warm down.

Make sure you keep good running form throughout, stay upright and extend up through the hips, no sitting back and drive the arms back.

Some fartlek sessions could be good for you too. Run at a bit slower than your normal pace, ~5:20min/km, then every 0.5km or so ramp up your pace to 4:15min/km for around 100-200m then go back to 5:20min/km and repeat over a 10k distance.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:12 AM

Did gosport half yesterday was going well until mike 7:30 miles and then sharp shearing pain on both knees with a sudden spike in heart rate. Had to ease back a lot. Finished in 1:47 when I was aiming for 1:40.

Think itís time for a rest
Old 20-11-2017, 10:33 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Did gosport half yesterday was going well until mike 7:30 miles and then sharp shearing pain on both knees with a sudden spike in heart rate. Had to ease back a lot. Finished in 1:47 when I was aiming for 1:40.

Think itís time for a rest
That's not good. Check your resting heart rate, that's normally a good way to see if you need a rest if it's 5bpm+ higher than normal.
Old 20-11-2017, 01:47 PM

Thanks for that itís all back to normal today which is good news - will monitor it for the next run but Iíll take some time off now
Old 21-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
thanks all - much appreciated!
Old 22-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back in the gym now and training for London 2018, got a place with children with cancer uk, to give support to a friend who has been helped by them. I said after my 7th I'd stop but I couldn't turn down this chance to support a decent family who have been through hell. Nervous but excited very excited

Last edited by Shipsisourking; 22-11-2017 at 04:19 PM.